Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 355. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I never hashed for this...
Keep it scrypt. Everything planned for it and pow phases are short so it's not a big deal.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
So, the devs and investor would prefer not delaying the launch and keep to scrypt, but a big part of the community is for X11 or another algo.

Cast your vote here before tonight, X11 or another algo anyways it means delaying the launch :

VOTE HERE FOR SCRYPT OR X11
Activity: 59
Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012
@Silkcoin  Add countdown timer  Grin
Activity: 110
Keep scrypt, launch as announced....
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
new way to distribute fairly and let us see if it is effective
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
Keep it Scrypt and launch on schedule  Smiley
Activity: 68
Hello to all,

We are currently working very hard for the launch, that's why we didn't answer much.

Launch may be delayed for X11 integration, as we haven't got enought time to test until 19 pm. If it is not delayed we'll have to keep the two stages to scrypt

ok.i respect that.
wish u a perfect launch.
Activity: 266
Hello to all,

We are currently working very hard for the launch, that's why we didn't answer much.

Launch may be delayed for X11 integration, as we haven't got enought time to test until 19 pm. If it is not delayed we'll have to keep the two stages to scrypt

Don't delay it and make it scrypt. Pow phases are pretty short, we don't fear ASICS.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Hello to all,

Thanks for the info! Smiley Good luck on the launch!
Activity: 168
Hello to all,

Activity: 623
Scrypt scrypt scrypt Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
I would prefer x11 instead of scrypt, but whatever can't wait for this coin to launch.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
dev, please change the algo to x11

and cut supply to 22m  Wink

X11 algo would mean no major multipools, maybe you should reconsider it.

better distribution, less dump risk
I was hoping if I could ask you to reconsider the Scrypt algo, there are currently asics and multipools who will dominate the distribution stage. I have seen poor distribution of the POW/POS coins over the course of the past month with the added benefit of massive DDOS wars directed at pools coming from china/russia ip's during the last release. (Shibecoin)

X11 isn't the best alternative though (doesn't incorporate SHA-3 and currently a NVIDIA miner isn't available), two more efficient & secure ASIC resistant algos are:

PLEASE DELAY THE LAUNCH IF NECESSARY!  
IMPLEMENTING A DIFFERENT ALGO IS VITAL TO THE LONG-TERM SUCCESS OF THIS COIN

You're wallet gui and website are beautiful and adding a fair distribution aspect will seal the deal for the mining community. Please consider these suggestions.

X11 or another algo please !!!

much has been said.but no direct answer from dev.
i think this coin will stick with Scrypt.count me out.

If scrypt, count me IN.

+1

If scrypt, count me IN.

And you can't ask to delay on the day the coin is set to launch!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The pow + pos model is very popular at present,this coin will be how, let's wait and see.
Activity: 336
Count me in.

Looks well designed and seemingly fair.

Waiting for launch!
Activity: 350
I never hashed for this...

I was hoping if I could ask you to reconsider the Scrypt algo, there are currently asics and multipools who will dominate the distribution stage. I have seen poor distribution of the POW/POS coins over the course of the past month with the added benefit of massive DDOS wars directed at pools coming from china/russia ip's during the last release. (Shibecoin)

X11 isn't the best alternative though (doesn't incorporate SHA-3 and currently a NVIDIA miner isn't available), two more efficient & secure ASIC resistant algos are:

Groestl (Sha-3 candidate) 60% TDP

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngrs-groestlcoin-1st-to-activate-segwit-building-lightning-network-525926

-  GPU and CPU friendly (GPU is just 5-10 times faster than GPU, for example Intel Core2Quad 9550 = 1.18Mh/s; Radeon R9 280X = 6Mh/s, Radeon R9 290 = 9.8 Mh/s)
  -  Old GPU friendly (5870 is almost as fast as R9 280X)
  -  Lowest energy and heat when GPU mining (even lower than X11 algo)
  -  Fast growing community
  -  ASIC-free
  -  No multipools

JHA (variable hashing round with SHA3, Blake, Grøstl, JH, Skein) 50% TDP, increased security,reduced loads, GPU/CPU Friendly!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annjpcmake-jackpotcoin-great-again-584481

Jackpot Hashing Algorithm (JHA) uses variable hashing round with SHA3, Blake, Grøstl, JH, Skein. It is ASIC resistant and has increased security/reduced loads with the incorporation of 4 of 5 candidates for the Cryptographic Hash Algorithm Competition http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/index.html announced by NIST. It saves 50% of the power as compared to the conventional hash algorithms and supports both CPU mining and GPU mining.

You're wallet gui and website are beautiful and adding a fair distribution aspect will seal the deal for the mining community. Please consider these suggestions.

If scrypt, count me IN.
Activity: 68

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngrs-groestlcoin-1st-to-activate-segwit-building-lightning-network-525926

-  GPU and CPU friendly (GPU is just 5-10 times faster than GPU, for example Intel Core2Quad 9550 = 1.18Mh/s; Radeon R9 280X = 6Mh/s, Radeon R9 290 = 9.8 Mh/s)
  -  ASIC-free
  -  No multipools

JHA (variable hashing round with SHA3, Blake, Grøstl, JH, Skein) 50% TDP, increased security,reduced loads, GPU/CPU Friendly!

Jackpot Hashing Algorithm (JHA) uses variable hashing round with SHA3, Blake, Grøstl, JH, Skein. It is ASIC resistant and has increased security/reduced loads with the incorporation of 4 of 5 candidates for the Cryptographic Hash Algorithm Competition http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/index.html announced by NIST. It saves 50% of the power as compared to the conventional hash algorithms and supports both CPU mining and GPU mining.

Activity: 630

-  ASIC-free
  -  No multipools

Jump to: