Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SINGULARDTV (ETHEREUM) - Launch Completed! - page 7. (Read 137908 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I heard about the modules, but I didn't know about the reward system. We will be reward more SNGLS via smart contracts?
No you will be rewarded with ETH for holding SNGLS each time a payment is made.
There are already a small amount of ETH ready to be claimed by SNGLS holders.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
It took Netflix 12 years to get to it's current price of $162, also the 2008 crash didn't help.
I think SingularDTV should achieve that in less than 5 years. This is an amazing project.

Yes, that took longer because there were no proper steaming industry before and had to fight with the studios on the legal rights to steam etc...

Recently from SingularDTV Zach:
"I’ve commented on this a few times…  we'll have 5 of our 11 modules out in the world this year, and we’ll be generating revenue, so being listed on exchanges will start to be less important for SNGLS holders as the dynamic attributes of the SNGLS token become more evident."

So SingularDTV SNGLS holders get rewards via smartcontract (by percentage of how much you hold) and the value of SNGLS only grows!

I heard about the modules, but I didn't know about the reward system. We will be reward more SNGLS via smart contracts?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
It took Netflix 12 years to get to it's current price of $162, also the 2008 crash didn't help.
I think SingularDTV should achieve that in less than 5 years. This is an amazing project.

Yes, that took longer because there were no proper steaming industry before and had to fight with the studios on the legal rights to steam etc...

Recently from SingularDTV Zach:
"I’ve commented on this a few times…  we'll have 5 of our 11 modules out in the world this year, and we’ll be generating revenue, so being listed on exchanges will start to be less important for SNGLS holders as the dynamic attributes of the SNGLS token become more evident."

So SingularDTV SNGLS holders get rewards via smartcontract (by percentage of how much you hold) and the value of SNGLS only grows!

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
Those who aren't on slack, better get down there https://singulardtv.slack.com, for more info:

Seems like SingularDTV is getting a 1-800 support number: ,making this not your everyday crypto..

from Zach:
"I like that, the intersection of technology and liberal arts.  Hey HG, you may appreciate this... heading back down to Puerto Rico soon.  Setting up a customer service center there.  Going old-school regarding support.  What we're launching is so new, I want a 1-800 number on our site where people with questions and tech issues can get someone on the phone or on video conferencing.  The most annoying thing to me is the email support going on in the crypto space."

Picture from the set, where SingularDTV demo the apps/modules:

Here's a link to bigger version of the set pic:

Those who aren't on slack, better get down there https://singulardtv.slack.com, for more info:

Seems like SingularDTV is getting a 1-800 support number: ,making this not your everyday crypto..

from Zach:
"I like that, the intersection of technology and liberal arts.  Hey HG, you may appreciate this... heading back down to Puerto Rico soon.  Setting up a customer service center there.  Going old-school regarding support.  What we're launching is so new, I want a 1-800 number on our site where people with questions and tech issues can get someone on the phone or on video conferencing.  The most annoying thing to me is the email support going on in the crypto space."

Picture from the set, where SingularDTV demo the apps/modules:

Most of the links on the thread aren't working.

Whitepaper is gone, and who's the team behind this?

Is this project dead?

Dude...lol join slack and see how big is Singular. This thread is not active because it's made from third parties and no Singular devs

Seems like we are getting an update to the ANN page, soon..
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Is this project dead?

Dude...lol join slack and see how big is Singular. This thread is not active because it's made from third parties and no Singular devs
From singulardtv.slack.com

"We are working with several artists at the moment with whom we are in a middle of a Production related to the Launch of Module 1 (Tokit) and Module 4 (Launch Pad). Once these go live (end June/beginning July) we are going to be having continuous launches of tokens and funding campaigns of various artists and projects throughout the second half of 2017. When our Module 11 (EtherVision) goes live (Q4) these projects will begin using the SingularDTV's p2p Distribution Portal. The details and names of our partners won't be made public prior the Launches later this summer."
'We The People, Are The Value' - Arie Levy Cohen, CFO SingularDTV"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6dixv5/we_the_people_are_the_value_arie_levy_cohen_cfo/

SNGLS are about to be stored&managed on Jaxx:

Activity: 297

Is this project dead?

The project is working and developing. Developers constantly speak at top conferences. I think just need to update the links.

Is this project dead?

No, very much alive!
The communication is mainly from SLACK: https://singulardtv.slack.com/
please see previous posts.

This from last week at the ethereal summit 2017 (https://etherealsummit.com/)
https://youtu.be/TQJeAE0KTnY

Staff could update the Project page thou, hopefully they do it ASAP.

- https://singulardtv.com
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Is this project dead?
Activity: 308

SingularDTV: The Reinvention of Film & Television Distribution
The Beginning of the End for Netflix…

https://movietime.guru/singulardtv-the-reinvention-of-film-television-distribution-45d30c5636f5

This is a great project, loved the article.
Hi, first post! So please forgive my noob question.

Can someone please ELI5 how I can buy SingularDTV? I'm from Australia, if that makes a difference. Thank you Cheesy

Been doing a bit of reading on it, and I believe in the philosophy behind SingularDTV, so would like to support it with what I can.  

I personally haven't tried this, but could be also a simple way to SNGLS tokens:
https://changelly.com/exchange/USD/SNGLS/1000

but in the future one of the modules in SingularDTV would provide the easy exchange..
Happening today at, https://singulardtv.slack.com

SNGLS rewards:

"The recent small distribution of Reward to the SNGLS token holders stirred some reactions here and on our social media channels. Even though the amount of ETH send trough the Reward Contract was rather tiny and perhaps was an exchange or a wallet service such as MyEthereWallt.com testing the Contract, we already got people asking how to Withdraw the Reward.
The big question is: how would that enfold when there's larger amount distributed. When the Applications we are about to launch through the summer, autumn and winter of 2017 go live and begin generating Rewards, what would the reaction of the Community, Supporters and token holders will be?"

This is how rewards work for SingularDTV SNGLS tokens:

"The SingularDTV SCS (smart contract system), has this reward functionality built-in. The reward smart contract acts like a bucket. Each time a reward (ETH) is added to it, addresses holding SNGLS at that time, can withdraw their reward proportional to the % of tokens they hold. For example, if you hold 1 000 000 SNGLS in a wallet which is 0.1% of the total amount of SNGLS in existence, you'll receive 0.1% of the total amount of ETH distributed in the Reward Contract.

If you transfer your SNGLS _after_ the reward has been issued, you can still withdraw your reward by sending a tx to the reward smart contract, calling the withdraw function from the original address. It keeps track of who is eligible for the rewards even after the transfer happens. That means as long as you have access to the wallet, or the private key of the wallet that holds your, you can benefit from the rewards. If you don't withdraw the rewards and transfer your SNGLS, you can still withdraw your reward eligible for you, from the time you had your SNGLS up until the transfer."

Hey, anyone got a sec to explain singulartv's advantage over netflix?

"That's a good question. There are quite some differences, but one of the main to be named would be the relation in between the content creators and the end user. To begin with, we need to mention that Netflix model is SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand) which basically means that you pay a monthly subscription fee and you basically watch as much as you wish. Netflix has negotiated license agreements with the TV shows, movie productions etc. With SingularDTV will be very different. There will be no intermediary who stands in between the end user, the audience and the content creator. The transactions and agreement will be p2p. That would be even more obvious in the TVOD model (Transaction Video on Demand)which also will be available on our platform. An example for TVOD is Apple Store or/and Google Play where you purchase a content. In the case of the above you do make transaction which goes to, let say Apple and then Apple (in some time in the future) pays the royalties to the artists. With SingularDTV this wont be the case. The transaction will go straight to the Wallets of the team (it could be fine tuned that each and every member of the crew can receive % of each and every transaction in a real time). The efficiency, transparency and speed will be unparalleled in what we can see in today's platforms of distribution of content. and this won't be limited to Video and movies. Not at all!
Music, books... there's literally no limit of what type of IP could and will be distributed through SingularDTV's Ecosystem. We are at the very this moment working with a number of artists and projects in relation to our upcoming launch of our initial Modules. We are looking forward to make that public once we have the Application done and security audited. It will be one very exciting Summer, Autumn and Winter for our Community, Supporters, Token Holders and the whole Ethereum Ecosystem."

SingularDTV: The Reinvention of Film & Television Distribution
The Beginning of the End for Netflix…

https://movietime.guru/singulardtv-the-reinvention-of-film-television-distribution-45d30c5636f5
From slack, to those who don't use it:

"It is very important to keep in mind that 99% of the people around the world have either none or very limited understanding of what Distributed Computing /Database and Blockchain Tech is. For such persons there is literally no difference in between this exchange or that exchange, being Bittrex, Kraken or Poloniex. And these are precisely the people who, by our projections will be the main users and audience of the IP distributed on SingularDTV Platform and Ecosystem. It's of course extremely important to keep in mind that the crypto community is very, very crucial. In fact this is not going to change, as we see this community expanding and one day millions and billions are people are part of it. Just as mobile phones were a thing just for a very few just a decade or two ago, we see the Crypto community expanding rapidly in the near and a bit more distant future until  billions are part of it. In that (not that distant) future we will need to play a different game. As if you are about to run out of fuel with your automobile you do not go to an Exchange which trades Oil Futures (we, common people usually go to a Petrol Station) we see the paramount importance to creating simple, easily accessible avenues for the common person to be able to join a network based a particular Blockchain Protocol, in the case of SingularDTV- Ethereum. That where the "real volume" and value will come from. We all know that the volume on the large Crypto Exchanges is mostly driven by trading and speculation. This is an important stepping stone for every project on it's way to, ideally, becoming a wide spread (non crypto only) real world application. Thats why at SingularDTV we are focussing on working towards this goal. That will be what will also get the attention of the Exchanges. That is also what will get the attention of more and more individuals , organizations and artist from not only the Crypto Community, but also from the beyond."

First App:
"sometime June/July. It's progressing beautifully and we are going to security audit it and fine tune it before the Launch."

"Rewarding tests are in progress ... soon we will have a price increase!
Go SNGLS Go"

"Once a Reward has been issued you'll need claim it, a transaction needs to be sent to the Fund contract. With SingularDTV Wallet, Mist Browser and a few other wallets will be easier to do that. Perhaps soon MyEtherWallet.com will implement an easier way to do that as well (even now you could do it with MEW as long as you have the parameters of the contract). It's not important  _where_ you keep your SNGLS in order to receive the reward, but _from where_ you send the TX to the reward contract. So basically its fine to hold your SNGLS any Ethereum Wallet, but it will be simpler from some (and from some impossible) to sent the TX to that contract in order to claim the Reward associated with SNGLS you hold. There will be a detailed information how to do that prior to an issue of a Reward. It's good to mention that there will be no such distributed prior the Launch of our initial Modules later this Summer."

Correct me if I am wrong, but these guys apparently raised 7.5 million in ETH in October of last year.  Assuming an annual burn rate of $3.75 million.  They would have approximately $5.3215 million. However during the past 3 or so months, ETH has gone of 16 times the ICO price.  It stands to reason the coffers of Singularity DTV hold close to $85,000,000.00.

So Sngls are trading at a 1.27 premium to cash on hand.  Seems low. If Zach did not spend money at the levels mentions above, cash(ETH)on hand could be over the current market valuation.

Today is apparently netflix's 15 year anniversary. Here is a chart. The low I see is $0.47 and high $160.00 maybe. Just google nflx if the link doesn't work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+time+chart+netflixz&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS658US658&oq=all+time+chart+netflixz&aqs=chrome..69i57.3279j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=nflx

They innovated much like Singularity is doing, but they had to create demand for steaming video as it developed and shareholders are reaping the benefits.  Singularity is distinctly different as they appear to be building the market from the supply side rather than the demand side.  The modules are tools for the content providers and will hopefully gain traction with small to large players in the next 3 to 10 years.

Very cool project.

5 of the 11 modules are launching this year.
"one of the entire points of our singularDTV economy is to gravitate value into the SNGLS token."

Here's the ecosystem:

REWARDS testing is in progress..

"Once a Reward has been issued you'll need claim it, a transaction needs to be sent to the Fund contract. With SingularDTV Wallet, Mist Browser and a few other wallets will be easier to do that. Perhaps soon MyEtherWallet.com will implement an easier way to do that as well (even now you could do it with MEW as long as you have the parameters of the contract). It's not important  _where_ you keep your SNGLS in order to receive the reward, but _from where_ you send the TX to the reward contract. So basically its fine to hold your SNGLS any Ethereum Wallet, but it will be simpler from some (and from some impossible) to sent the TX to that contract in order to claim the Reward associated with SNGLS you hold. There will be a detailed information how to do that prior to an issue of a Reward. It's good to mention that there will be no such distributed prior the Launch of our initial Modules later this Summer."
Pages:
Jump to: