Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2 - page 10. (Read 161513 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
February 24, 2015, 09:02:35 AM
Is this still alive?
Activity: 914
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
February 17, 2015, 10:30:59 AM
Skeincoin 0.9.3.0 is available.

After running Skeincoin 0.9.3.0 for a couple of weeks I haven't find any issues with it.

The 0.9 branch on Github has now been merged into the main branch.

Links to the Windows build are available in the OP.

Special thanks to nzsquirrel for this contribution! It shows the real spirit of co-operation in open source.

Nice.
On the twitterbot/ircbot. I was working on making it one bot, but that turned out to be a pain. So it are 2 separate bots atm. the skcbot in #skeincoin, and @skeintip on twitter.
The twitterbot can be called by tweeting:
skeinbot balance
skeinbot address
skeinbot tip @sometwitteruser amount (for example: skeinbot tip @Strikerbee 1)
skeinbot withdraw address.

(Please note, you do NOT have to include @Skeintip, also i'll adjust the funds for the few ppl that tried the bot on the old wallet)

Also, have you guys seen this? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10459189  ,
Banx.io Acquires Atomic-Trade.com ?
Wonder what that means for skeincoin.

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
February 16, 2015, 05:47:40 PM
Skeincoin 0.9.3.0 is available.

After running Skeincoin 0.9.3.0 for a couple of weeks I haven't find any issues with it.

The 0.9 branch on Github has now been merged into the main branch.

Links to the Windows build are available in the OP.

Special thanks to nzsquirrel for this contribution! It shows the real spirit of co-operation in open source.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
February 12, 2015, 07:12:31 AM
Don't feed the troll peeps
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
February 12, 2015, 04:42:47 AM
Sifcoin has just a chain of hashes while quark has branches.

To the Russian team's credit, the chained-hash tactic was introduced solely in the hope of delaying the onset of ASIC mining and not as some imagined enhancement to security. Quarkcoin is still breezily touting their particular folklore combiner as a security enhancement.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 462
February 12, 2015, 03:31:49 AM

As to speed of mining on gpu's the current miners available for both are fairly equal when you consider that difference in the proof of work rounds.
This is only due to inefficiency of public implementations (haha, implementations, blatant copies of SPH lib code blindly adjusted to barely compile on AMD). Sifcoin has just a chain of hashes while quark has branches.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
February 12, 2015, 03:09:29 AM
Apologies to Skeincoin for drifting off topic and thank you for your answer to my question above.
Nice to see moving to 9.x codebase.  

I have no comment or opinion on the statement of 'multiple identities' launching several coins. It may be true and anyone who knows the ropes around here is well aware there are multiple people and 'teams' who have released a lot of coins under different names. My only thoughts on matters like this are when 'scam type situations' come into play which I cannot endorse no matter who launched the coin.

Simple inflation coin was launched June 2013 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240894.0;all

Quark was launched July 2013 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qrk-quark-core-010-upgrade-260031

I agree quark had a strong push on marketing and a good name.

Quark was certainly copied from Simple Inflation Coin and Quark was designed with very quick block reduction to create that ever loved instamine...

I think this commit on github even for someone who never read code before can see it https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark/commit/1c0961810b65226bf74ba98e7c0a11ada8b7cd32#diff-55e43a5d20bb81f2c06e4ddaee58ae6bR2

SIC is still running very stable with a blockchain over 170k tall.

Quark is certainly not the only coin to 'borrow' form SIC there are hundreds of coins that probably would not exist right now had it not been released.

As to speed of mining on gpu's the current miners available for both are fairly equal when you consider that difference in the proof of work rounds.

edit 1

also noticed this in quark source code so at least whoever launched quark actually credited the developers of SIC line 2 https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2

sadly not many people read souce code

edit 2 If anyone wants to discuss the gpu mining issue in more detail i suggest you post to the SIC thread since it is unfair to this coins community to continue posting off topic here.  If you actually have any comments of value to offer and can communicate in writing at a level above that of a teenager when I have time I will try to reply. 

The technical part of execution was just fine if I get it right. The drama of unsuccessful instamine/pump is a different story Smiley

Anyway, Quark was a huge success and a major innovation of its time, it would only make an honour to RedKendra to be its inventor.

The Russian coin came up with that New [multi-hash] tech, not Quark.  Quark devs copied and pasted it so no, they should get no credit for that either.  But it seems few know that.  

lol, only top coders like me know.  haha!!!
Sifcoin has a slightly different PoW algo that does not thwart GPU as efficiently (and siphylis connotation in its name when spelled in Russian lol)
February 12, 2015, 02:40:53 AM

The technical part of execution was just fine if I get it right. The drama of unsuccessful instamine/pump is a different story Smiley

Anyway, Quark was a huge success and a major innovation of its time, it would only make an honour to RedKendra to be its inventor.

The Russian coin came up with that New [multi-hash] tech, not Quark.  Quark devs copied and pasted it so no, they should get no credit for that either.  But it seems few know that.  

Sifcoin has a slightly different PoW algo that does not thwart GPU as efficiently (and siphylis connotation in its name when spelled in Russian lol)
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
February 11, 2015, 07:18:38 PM

Activity: 487
Merit: 500
February 11, 2015, 06:47:11 PM
Still haven't seen any proof but, I agree with reorder if Kendra is the QuarkDev, thats nice.

silvermetal, have we talked before?

offtopic:  
Max...

Could be gielbier could be.. It would not surprise me!
Yes looks like your dev likes woman names when he post on the internet. Google "WillowRosenberg" Wink
Making Smart Money Work
February 11, 2015, 04:37:07 PM
Still haven't seen any proof but, I agree with reorder if Kendra is the QuarkDev, thats nice.

silvermetal, have we talked before?

offtopic:  
Max...
February 11, 2015, 02:32:44 PM
It is a coin created to merge mine with Quark. He created mimic in cooperation with "Digitalindustry", a well known scammer. Full details (and the role of "MaxGuevara") can be found in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9007804

In this thread you can also read more about "Digitalindustry"

And what is exactly bad about a coin made to be mergemined with Quark? Save that there is little sense in such a coin these days.

read the link.
purpose was good, the execution was terrible Wink

February 11, 2015, 02:10:08 PM
It is a coin created to merge mine with Quark. He created mimic in cooperation with "Digitalindustry", a well known scammer. Full details (and the role of "MaxGuevara") can be found in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9007804

And what is exactly bad about a coin made to be mergemined with Quark? Save that there is little sense in such a coin these days.

read the link.
purpose was good, the execution was terrible Wink
February 11, 2015, 02:04:14 PM

February 11, 2015, 01:51:15 PM
Impressive in a good sense? You like mimiccoin?

Never heard of that one, looks like a blatant LTC clone. But Quark makes for it I suppose Smiley

February 11, 2015, 01:42:05 PM
for information:

The developer of skeincoin ("redkendra") is also known as Max Guevara (developer of Quark and mimiccoin) and "johnjoule" (developer of XJO).
Also posting with "Willowrosenberg" as sockpuppetaccount.

Wonder how much more coins and accounts he created Cheesy

Any source to back that up? I see you have been making this kind of posts in other topics also.One to those is claiming that redkendra is the developer of LOG [Woodcoin]. That would be very strange, because the wood dev came in #skeincoin with questions regarding Skein-SHA and pureSkein and reorders skeinminer. Stuff that kendra should know. (and does know, which was demonstrated with the merge mine attempt). I find it extremely unlikely that the woodcoin-dev is kendra. If you could provide any proof (?) that would be nice, but on the other hand, it doesn't matter.

skeincoin was no premine, kendra is always lurking ( sheepman even nicknamed him cryptoninja, because of the fast updates for the blockexplorer ip), network is still active after a year, and it still has exchange activity. It might not be hyped nor get the value appreciation, but there is an active community.

Good that you read my posthistory. More people should do some background check of posters before they believe what they write.

Not good is that you didn't quote me very accurate:
I didn't mention he is the developer of woodcoin. I mentioned he is involved with woodcoin.
He admitted that he created the wallet for Woodcoin. Therefore he is involved with the accountname "WillowRosenberg" for woodcoin.

Just check the post history of MaxGuevara, JohnJoule, and kendra and you will find out that it is one and the same person Smiley.
Making Smart Money Work
February 11, 2015, 10:29:50 AM
for information:

The developer of skeincoin ("redkendra") is also known as Max Guevara (developer of Quark and mimiccoin) and "johnjoule" (developer of XJO).

Any source to back that up? I see you have been making this kind of posts in other topics also.One to those is claiming that redkendra is the developer of LOG [Woodcoin]. That would be very strange, because the wood dev came in #skeincoin with questions regarding Skein-SHA and pureSkein and reorders skeinminer. Stuff that kendra should know. (and does know, which was demonstrated with the merge mine attempt). I find it extremely unlikely that the woodcoin-dev is kendra. If you could provide any proof (?) that would be nice, but on the other hand, it doesn't matter.

skeincoin was no premine, kendra is always lurking ( sheepman even nicknamed him cryptoninja, because of the fast updates for the blockexplorer ip), network is still active after a year, and it still has exchange activity. It might not be hyped nor get the value appreciation, but there is an active community.
February 11, 2015, 07:01:39 AM

Never heard of that one, looks like a blatant LTC clone. But Quark makes for it I suppose Smiley
February 11, 2015, 06:58:11 AM
for information:

Even if true, what is particularly bad about that? The list of coins is rather impressive in a good sense.

February 11, 2015, 06:50:38 AM
for information:

Even if true, what is particularly bad about that? The list of coins is rather impressive in a good sense.
Pages:
Jump to: