Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2 - page 21. (Read 161514 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Seems coinmine is affected by the recent openssl bug.

http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#coinmine.pl
Activity: 162
Skeinsocks have landed!

After finding a new supplier this is the new result:). We are very happy with the current supplier and expect to have a long and lasting relationship.

Get your set of 5 socks now for only 3500 skc.

The first shipment is already on its way to Venezuela, Chiquereitor.

Unfortunately those asics cannot be used to mine coins.

How is that?
Afaik bitcoin asics return nonce, while the asics posted above return hash. Theoretically they could be used for mining, but it would take a lot of i/o operations.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners

How is that?

Rehashing (pun intended) my generic answer to these questions...

There were SHA-2 ASICs way, way before the first Bitcoin mining ASICs. They were not suitable for mining due to I/O limitations: you'd have to push a relatively big load of data for each single hash, and the chips were not fast enough for that. What mining ASICs do is generate most of the data on the fly (by incrementing the nonce) so there is no I/O bottleneck, in addition to the actual hashing. However, the nonce business is easy, so if you can implement the hash, making a miner is only a matter of time and financial sense.

Indeed, i was just stating the fact that, not only there's an FPGA implementation (publicly available) but that someone already did an 8 round Skein implementation on an ASIC, and it was fricken Intel!!!!

Currently there's no financial sense on building ASICs for Skeincoin, but as a proof of concept, this sets a very good precedent (Skein embraces ASICs contrary to other alts).
Activity: 519
Merit: 252

How is that?

Rehashing (pun intended) my generic answer to these questions...

There were SHA-2 ASICs way, way before the first Bitcoin mining ASICs. They were not suitable for mining due to I/O limitations: you'd have to push a relatively big load of data for each single hash, and the chips were not fast enough for that. What mining ASICs do is generate most of the data on the fly (by incrementing the nonce) so there is no I/O bottleneck, in addition to the actual hashing. However, the nonce business is easy, so if you can implement the hash, making a miner is only a matter of time and financial sense.
Activity: 914
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
Skein-SHA, not just skein. but well, it means building them wouldn't be hard.

How is that?
I'm just gonna share a snippet of a paper i just got my hands on and let you all get like giddy school girls Smiley

If you're wondering what a "generic adder" is, it is just an unoptimized adder in VHDL, without the built-in adders of certain FPGAs.

Nice conclusion: Skein-512 ASICs exist... and are 32nm tech... very interesting....

The paper is very Discrete Math heavy, so if anyone with a good grasp of it wants to check it out, i can send it to you. PM me. (this can be found freely on the interwebz, i'm just sending it as a convenience)

This is the link for the [39] reference http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/presentations/WALKER_skein-intel-hwd-slides.pdf

Intel implemented a Skein-512-8R ASIC...... WOW!

Thanx for sharing:).

Im suggesting a meeting tonite.

legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
I'm just gonna share a snippet of a paper i just got my hands on and let you all get like giddy school girls Smiley

If you're wondering what a "generic adder" is, it is just an unoptimized adder in VHDL, without the built-in adders of certain FPGAs.

Nice conclusion: Skein-512 ASICs exist... and are 32nm tech... very interesting....

The paper is very Discrete Math heavy, so if anyone with a good grasp of it wants to check it out, i can send it to you. PM me. (this can be found freely on the interwebz, i'm just sending it as a convenience)

This is the link for the [39] reference http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/presentations/WALKER_skein-intel-hwd-slides.pdf

Intel implemented a Skein-512-8R ASIC...... WOW!
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
just a suggestion. Don't sell your skeincoins to cheap.  Grin

'Nuff said!
Activity: 914
Making Smart Money Work
just a suggestion. Don't sell your skeincoins to cheap.  Grin
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Taking down the Skeincoin Wiki for now..  Undecided overrun by spammers  Roll Eyes
All the data is safe.
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
RedKendra... how about updating OP with the new faucet Wink

http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/?id=SKC

Smiley
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
So, i just updated http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com and i've included the possibility for everyone to publish an animated GIF, PNG or JPG in there, and guess what coin is used to pay the Ads? Skeincoin!

So yeah, i've introduced some utility to the coin there, in the near future i'll include ways for blog owners and such to use the ads themselves on their sites so they can earn some SKC in a rather straightforward way.

Everyone is free to publish there, try to maintain objectionable content low Wink
Activity: 161
HI! There is a problem with wallet - it always store wallet.dat and blockchain content at %APPDATA% etc.. Even if i make link with -datadir=xxxx argument wallet ignores it
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
I've been connected on the IRC these days. The monday would be great so we can have a talk about SKC and all the recent developments.
WTB 25,000 SKC for 0.025 BTC
Try atomic trade. Someone sold me over 11k SKC @ 80satoshi today ;]
lol SKC market cap is just over 1000 USD...
Try atomic trade. Someone sold me over 11k SKC @ 80satoshi today ;]
Pages:
Jump to: