Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Slimcoin : Proof of Burn NEW BLOCK GEN, Mineable by low power computer! - page 10. (Read 284890 times)

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014
i think it's over, was a nice idea, still. Can the Last please turn the light off?
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
wow, almost two weeks: no post Sad

a123 not active either?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/a123-43640

Last active 24 november
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
welp, looks like I wasted a chunk of change :\
Activity: 687
Are you guys solo mining?
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002
I have a problem with the slimcoind. after wallet starts, some time it work normall, and then it take up all available memory. By the time it can begin after a few hours, sometimes a few days after the launch of the wallet.
any ideas?
Activity: 687
So this coin dead or what?
Blockquarry pool haven't found a block since 19th of July.
Activity: 798
a123 back from vacation yet?
Activity: 60
I have the dcrypt function working on a GPU already using the pseudocode from wikipedia for sha256 and the buffered method. Its just a matter of taking or writing some network code to feed in a valid block header to use as a template and then scan through the results for found blocks/shares and send the results back. I have network code I understand (because I wrote it) that gets work from jsonrpc so that will get done first and I'm sure Stratum is not difficult. The other option is using the CPU miner code but a quick look at how it mines shows something slightly incompatible with what I think is needed (it loops through nonce individual and returns nonce for found block/share, where as I may need to be able to send back multiple shares so I'll have to learn what to change in code I don't fully understand the process flow of, perhaps someone could help me with that but I dont want to give away the GPU code as anything other than a release of the client for cynical reasons) I also want something that can mine in a pool but then fallback to solo mining if the pool stops working.

Right now I have to sleep though since its Australia outside here.
Activity: 216
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hehe, the sheeple are regrouping Smiley
GPU miner? - GOOD, GOOD!!
http://i.imgur.com/f58pg0U.png

This is just a hint about something I may be working on. No time-frame available but I will update here when code that does things gets connected to code that talks to things.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
The coins that are burnt are forever gone. They are compensated by the proof of burn blocks that are generated as a result of the burning. That destruction of coins is why the coin cap is set to be as high as it is.
a123 Messaged me saying he would review my code but that he is currently away on a cruise with limited internet access which is unfortunate timing with the pool.

Anyone still working on p2pool?

The pool does not accept connections, what's the problem?
So I know it's a lot of work, but if you have time could you keep us updated on what you're working on?  Especially since this was already abandoned by one developer, I think keeping people updated on progress could do a lot for interest in the coin.
Well, for what it's worth, I'm hoping to work on implementing the 'coin control' features from the current bitcoin core into slimcoin as time permits. Don't expect it in a hurry, though, as I'm still wrestling with getting my build environment to work properly.

I don't know anything about what a123 is working on.

Is it speed 1.5 khash normal for i5-2540M?
Well, it sounds around the right size. With the standard GUI client, I get around ~ 0.5khash/sec per core on a 3GHz core2.

PS - so my slimcoin-qt has been stable for the last few days; and I haven't been using that computer a lot over that time. Coincidence?  Undecided  guess I'll find out over the weekend, since I'll be using it more again.
Activity: 63
So I know it's a lot of work, but if you have time could you keep us updated on what you're working on?  Especially since this was already abandoned by one developer, I think keeping people updated on progress could do a lot for interest in the coin.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Is it speed 1.5 khash normal for i5-2540M?
You could also check to see if you have enough virtual address space.

It seems this problem was solved for bitcoin since 0.9.0 by restricting the number of orphan blocks that are stored.

Are you using this release?

https://github.com/kryptoslab/slimcoin/releases/tag/v0.3.2.1

I have not had any problems using it. How much RAM do you have?
Yes, I just downloaded it again and confirmed that the files are identical, so that's the version I've been running.
I've got 8GB of RAM, but also a number of other things running at the same time, so memory could be the issue. In particular I have noticed a couple of times it crashed right at the moment I launched another program (in one case a VM, in the other, Minecraft).

I might try a few more experiments along this line and see what happens...
Pages:
Jump to: