Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SMAC - Accounts have been suspended project closed - page 9. (Read 65797 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that the marketplace is how we are going to get volume and interest in SMAC. In other words I'm pretty sure the team does not expect any volume until after the marketplace is unveiled.

I don't see how just having a market will create volume if nobody knows about it - it would just be an extra feature for a cryptocurrency which hardly anyone knows about.  

It might have given some momentum if it had it launched on time but the delay (which wasn't helped by the team going completely silent) means that SMAC could be delisted by the time that happens.  

Even if the market magically launches tomorrow there needs to be some kind of plan to actually get the word out and raise interest or nobody will use it.  I can't be the only who sees the irony of not being able to successfully spread awareness of a coin that is based on selling the ability to spread awareness of other products!

If I have a product that I want advertised why would I use the SMAC team to do it if they have been unable to successfully advertise their own product i.e. SMAC - I think this really needs to be thought about before moving forward.

The idea of advertising on social media may be great but it will all be for nothing if the team are unable to demonstrate any traditional, real world marketing skills.  It is just as easy for someone who does have real marketing skills to come along, steal the idea and cash in and that would be a shame for those of us who supported this project from the beginning.  

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
We are still here and working on the marketplace as promised...

Sadly that may be in vain -without any demand and hence exchange volume this will get delisted and die.  Real development and progress take time but in the crypto world it's very easy to get left behind and forgotten.

For a coin that is supposed to be based on marketing/advertising this side of things has been quite disappointing because we have had successful buybacks yet still nobody seems to be interested.   So whilst the mechanics of the social media advertising part of the coin are working OK the marketing of SMAC itself is lacking. 

I can't see an easy solution.

The only thing I can suggest is that the team try to focus at least an equal amount of time on spreading the word about SMAC, creating demand and buzz as much as working on actual behind the scenes development.  I know it sucks but in the crypto world image and impression matters a lot.  Indeed it might be best to make marketing SMAC the primary focus at least until it becomes established. 

As to how exactly to accomplish greater marketing of SMAC I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas -maybe others in the community have some suggestions?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that the marketplace is how we are going to get volume and interest in SMAC. In other words I'm pretty sure the team does not expect any volume until after the marketplace is unveiled.
legendary
Activity: 952

Sadly that may be in vain -without any demand and hence exchange volume this will get delisted and die.  Real development and progress take time but in the crypto world it's very easy to get left behind and forgotten.

For a coin that is supposed to be based on marketing/advertising this side of things has been quite disappointing because we have had successful buybacks yet still nobody seems to be interested.   So whilst the mechanics of the social media advertising part of the coin are working OK the marketing of SMAC itself is lacking. 

I can't see an easy solution.

The only thing I can suggest is that the team try to focus at least an equal amount of time on spreading the word about SMAC, creating demand and buzz as much as working on actual behind the scenes development.  I know it sucks but in the crypto world image and impression matters a lot.  Indeed it might be best to make marketing SMAC the primary focus at least until it becomes established. 

As to how exactly to accomplish greater marketing of SMAC I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas -maybe others in the community have some suggestions?
Activity: 338

I don't know why you need to burn coins, SMAC team will need this for giveaway events and/or pay web developpers, etc.

This gave me a good idea. We all know altcoins are full of scam devs/team. SMAC team should put all the coins bought in the buybacks in a single SMAC address. You gave the public address to everyone to see/watch if SMAC team is telling the truth and not reselling the coins they've bought under the radar. So the new people will see how amazing the potential of SMAC is because they will see how big the % of all the buybacks is versus total coins.

@smac team what's your opinion on this?

Thank you!!
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
aaaaaaaaaand once again we are in danger of delisting  Sad

Honestly, if we could hear ANYTHING from the devs, it might make community members more likely to put up sells and buy to them so that we won't risk delisting.

I don't know about you guys, but this silence is frankly making me VERY nervous.......
legendary
Activity: 1162
So you have an idea the kind of idiotic loser you are putting your money behind, this "boxxa" dude that has never succeeded at anything -and is unable to keep his big mouth shot- has posted that "ARCH is dead". I mean, this guy of all would post such a thing of a project that not only is eons beyond what he can understand but has an actual guaranteed value at the price of its ICO -so no one who bought can possibly lose money-. This diarrhea mouth, on the other hand, is behind this absolute waste of time and money. Wow.

Continue growing your reputation, dude....
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Still holdin' because I still believe in the project.

To make ammends I am going to do a market buy with the coins I made.

It will not happen again.

Sell if you want when you want man, I know it's maybe not good for SMAC but, we are in a free market.. isn't crypto is all about?

Bottom line: SMAC is my favourite coin ATM, price can't stop goin up!

Yes of course I have the right to sell my coins, but at the same time, if all large holders started selling coins at every buyback, it would take FOREVER for the price to start to rise. So even though it is our right to sell, if we want to do our part to help this project, I think it's our moral obligation to hold. Plus if other large holders can trust me to hold then I can (hopefully) trust them to hold as well.  If we all hold our coins, the price could easily be over 100k sat in a few months. Then once outside buy support starts coming in......look out!!

SMAC is also my favorite coin but at the same time when any dev goes silent for over a week it tends to make even the most supportive community members a tad nervous.

To this I say look at

I know that "coming days" leaves room for interpretation. But 9 days in crypto are like 3 weeks in real time! Wink

Wurstgelee is 100% true here, it is only a week but I do see both sides of the argument. Hopefully they will at least drop a word or two as it would be nice to see that they are at least looking in here and let us know if stumbles or progress has occurred. The more transparent they are, the better everyone will make out.

Sell if you want when you want man, I know it's maybe not good for SMAC but, we are in a free market.. isn't crypto is all about?

Yes of course I have the right to sell my coins, but at the same time, if all large holders started selling coins at every buyback, it would take FOREVER for the price to start to rise. So even though it is our right to sell, if we want to do our part to help this project, I think it's our moral obligation to hold. Plus if other large holders can trust me to hold then I can (hopefully) trust them to hold as well.  If we all hold our coins, the price could easily be over 100k sat in a few months. Then once outside buy support starts coming in......look out!!

SMAC is also my favorite coin but at the same time when any dev goes silent for over a week it tends to make even the most supportive community members a tad nervous.
Activity: 20

Devs need to burn the coins to prove they bought them.

I don't know why you need to burn coins, SMAC team will need this for giveaway events and/or pay web developpers, etc.

This gave me a good idea. We all know altcoins are full of scam devs/team. SMAC team should put all the coins bought in the buybacks in a single SMAC address. You gave the public address to everyone to see/watch if SMAC team is telling the truth and not reselling the coins they've bought under the radar. So the new people will see how amazing the potential of SMAC is because they will see how big the % of all the buybacks is versus total coins.

Anyone against my idea? If so, why?

Hate to chime in, but in the May 17 newsletter, it was stated that: "The SMAC team has
been working very hard on developing the marketplace and it is coming along.
We are expecting it to be released within the next two weeks" and that was over 3 weeks ago.

In fairness, big projects almost always run behind schedule, and no doubt the Marketplace is a big project......but it would be nice to at least get an idea of how things are going (and maybe an updated timeline?).

Can't say better.

Thank you Penn3D

The boys need more Twitter accounts... We need more marketing... newsletters are nice but we need more than that... We need more action, they have proven that they can handle the accounts...

This is not Viral...., Smac is making money everymonth without anybodys help, it will benefit all the coin holders, and if some one wants to get out, get out!

i was sceptical until today, when you confest! thank you for that!

"odyjm" has made an irc to chat outside this forum, i was there yesterday, maybe we can talk more there as a group, the link is a page (or two) back..

Come in my 7days 24/24 free IRC chat (SSL+No log on my old AndroidTV lol) talk about SMAC, we have to do some live meeting. This is a link with Kiwi IRC (online IRC+SSL free client). I can't always answer (sleep+work) but I idle in the room. You can do the same to grow interest please? Tongue

Photo of my "server" lol: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IerGlcOw8xbmFXZXVIRFREclk/view?usp=sharing

#smac room link: https://kiwiirc.com/client/cryptochat.servebeer.com:+51513/?&theme=cli#smac

Hate to chime in, but in the May 17 newsletter, it was stated that: "The SMAC team has
We are expecting it to be released within the next two weeks" and that was over 3 weeks ago.

In fairness, big projects almost always run behind schedule, and no doubt the Marketplace is a big project......but it would be nice to at least get an idea of how things are going (and maybe an updated timeline?).

yessir agreed. Even a vague random updates would be nice right now.

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Buyback will be executed today. Expect a newsletter in the coming days.

I know that "coming days" leaves room for interpretation. But 9 days in crypto are like 3 weeks in real time! Wink
Why silence here?

lol yah seems a little to silent.... did everyone already leave for summer vacation?
Activity: 382
Why silence here?

When we see the new newsletter?

Was wondering this myself although I would not be surprised to not see one for at least another week or two since the market place seems to be the main focus and since its not even a week into the new month I am sure they have no data on expected gains. We are now a few months in, SMAC has proved its not just another alt and still shows potential unlike 99% of alts after the few months. I continue to quietly stack to see how this develops, however it may.  Will they defy alt physics and continually succeed? Or will the alt rap sheet grab SMAC? Only time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

When we see the new newsletter?

OMG ktfutura.....

First you came in here and FUDded because they were putting up buy walls instead of doing market buys.

Then they started doing market buys and you came in and FUDed because you claim they are buying their own sell order.

Then I proved to myself and everyone other reasonable person that indeed they ARE buying from the sell wall and not buying their own sell orders,  and now you come in here and FUD because they aren't burning the coins that they buy?!

Seriously??

Between thhe coins that they bought after the ICO and the coins they have bought from the last few buybacks, they must have several hundred thousand coins by now. Considering that the total coin supply is less than 700k, do you really think it's a reasonable request they now BURN all of them?

Why do you have to come in here and spew nothing but venom? Please take your FUD elsewhere as it is not welcome here and neither are you.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Your logic is flawed.
Pages:
Jump to: