Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs (BALLS) | SHA256 | 25k Blocks Mined | 5000% Proof of Stake | - page 3. (Read 9443 times)

Activity: 595
Merit: 500
I think we broke records , 2 of them, hopefully ocminer can confirm as they are on his pool.

I can confirm.. Its quite amazing.. Maybe I should start a SHA256 Multipool if so much mining power comes in Smiley
Currently we're so fast, that lots of orphans still occur as the diff is still quite low.. So much power at the moment is definitely not needed, maybe in 12 hours when diff has adjusted
I think within 12 hours poW is finish right?
This coin has all the characteristics for making certain few people rich.
The messed-up diff that is not adjusting fast enough, even after half a day trying to catch up, the diff rise is still pegged to a designed low increase and the blocks are coming in as fast as the miners can reload - not even limited by hash power which is beyond bounds for such a young launch, so this resembles "insta-mine" for a happy few. Heck, the switch to PoS was set to be after block 25,000 and the half-minute block time (if I am not mistaken - it is not specified in the OP) should mean a PoW period of almost 9 days. But the dev already
knew that he had messed up the diff rise, so he already chose to say that the PoS launch would be the next day! Now that deadline is even too far out, because this coin is only about 10 hours old and we are nearing block 25,000.
The info available for set up a miner is minimal, all I could do was download the wallet and early on when the hash was showing that it was extremely low, I tried cpu mining in my wallet. The mining worked and after a night of running full bore, I have 1 transaction
according to the wallet - bet there are no coins in my wallet ?!?!? Questionable that.
For all that are not heavily invested in this coin, I can only advise to stay away.
For those who have invested - I hope that you are not bag holders within no time when the insta-miners are dumping to get their profit out.
Sorry - if a coin is properly launched and has a decent period for all to gather coins and set up miners in time, but this last-minute posting of a launch literally at the same moment that the coin is launched and no time or info to setup anything and then find out that there are
pools running with hundreds of Terahash? It might just as well be a giveaway of all coins to one person - the result is that it is no a DE-centralised currency and I judge the value minimal. But that is just my opinion and therefor, I am out.
Activity: 550
Merit: 501
Let me guess... Bittrex Exchange?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
I hope the time window between transfer fee reduction and staking is enough for us to withdraw our coins... otherwise ocminer and Scorpio18 are going to stake a LOT

HAHAHA..LOL.. never thought of it that way.. if we dont see them again, I know where they are.. sitting on a beach in Maui with a 10ft margarita in each hand !
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
I hope the time window between transfer fee reduction and staking is enough for us to withdraw our coins... otherwise ocminer and Scorpio18 are going to stake a LOT
legendary
Ive got an antminer S2, and its struggling with speed because of such low difficulty, I mean really bad.. cant get past 320GHZ, anyone know of any ideas/settings to get it to run on this pool closer to the 1ths rating? I know its the low diff causing it, just wondered if there is anything I can do.

Vegas
legendary
Probably less than that. Pow ends at block 25,000 we are already near blk 18,000, popping them every second. Done in a couple hours.
Activity: 644
I think we broke records , 2 of them, hopefully ocminer can confirm as they are on his pool.

I can confirm.. Its quite amazing.. Maybe I should start a SHA256 Multipool if so much mining power comes in Smiley

Currently we're so fast, that lots of orphans still occur as the diff is still quite low.. So much power at the moment is definitely not needed, maybe in 12 hours when diff has adjusted

I think within 12 hours poW is finish right?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Activity: 756
I don't know if that guy mining with 170 TH this coin instead mining directly btc is smart or so stupid.
We will see tomorrow when stake begin who is right.

Definitely STUPID!  Its a waist of hash right now. 
legendary

I don't know if that guy mining with 170 TH this coin instead mining directly btc is smart or so stupid.
We will see tomorrow when stake begin who is right.
legendary
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
did this just raise the bar for ninja launch? ffs
legendary
Activity: 1050
The wallet sure looks like the work of the bonuscoin dev. This one going to get abandoned also?

+1
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
This slow slow slow slow slow diff rise, what gives? The diff adjustment is insane.
Activity: 550
Merit: 501
The wallet sure looks like the work of the bonuscoin dev. This one going to get abandoned also?
Activity: 672
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I like the idea of this coin, just not the hardware wallet. Raspberry pi SD cards get corrupt a lot. Why can't there just be normal Linux, windows, OSX wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Admin of CoinMiners Pools
so what happens with coins on pool now?

wait until the dev pushes the update which fixes the fees, it is written on the ANN, last sentence Smiley

Yeah , for the moment the coins will remain on pools until the dev make an update to fix the fee

Ok but still i don't see any coins on my account  0 what's up with that.

because of the problems with the fee my crons are behind , and now there a lot of blocks that need to be processed and will take time until all the blocks get processed .  The diff is still low and the blocks get found each second
Activity: 405
so what happens with coins on pool now?

wait until the dev pushes the update which fixes the fees, it is written on the ANN, last sentence Smiley

Yeah , for the moment the coins will remain on pools until the dev make an update to fix the fee

Ok but still i don't see any coins on my account  0 what's up with that.
Pages:
Jump to: