Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Solcoin [SOL] - page 7. (Read 33092 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
February 15, 2014, 03:24:35 PM
Block 15000. Gravity Well working perfectly it seems, difficulty adjusting smoothly every block.

Cheesy

diff is so low!!! lovely mining Cheesy

are we going to hit an exchange soon?

That's up to the exchanges in the end. There are voting threads on the first page where you can make your voice heard. Also some other exchanges like CoinedUP and Poloniex have been contacted, but they haven't gotten back with a response yet.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
February 15, 2014, 03:12:25 PM
Block 15000. Gravity Well working perfectly it seems, difficulty adjusting smoothly every block.

Cheesy

diff is so low!!! lovely mining Cheesy

are we going to hit an exchange soon?
February 15, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
February 15, 2014, 11:20:08 AM
ANY EXCHANGE yet HuhCool

Still waiting for a reply from the ones I contacted.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 15, 2014, 06:00:45 AM
ANY EXCHANGE yet HuhCool
Activity: 224
MineCrew
February 15, 2014, 02:36:04 AM
I have some coins to sell id anyone is interested 200k PM me offers

I'll buy at 0.00000010 BTC each or 0.02 BTC for 200k SOL.

No sellers? Good!  Cheesy
Activity: 224
MineCrew
February 14, 2014, 07:41:15 AM

I'll buy at 0.00000010 BTC each or 0.02 BTC for 200k SOL.
February 13, 2014, 06:32:02 PM
Solcoin is just afraid he'ss gonna get more work on his lazy ass Wink

Shut up and get back to mining. Grin
Activity: 203
February 13, 2014, 06:27:07 PM
But Solcoin project why are you worrying about this? It's not a problem and it takes something extreme for a pool to have to delete their chain and download it again. Those pools will sort it out themselves when they notice an orphan, syncing up to proper chain automatically.

Because we have only two nodes. They are enough for this low hashrate and for just two pools, but since there was a fork and since the number of peers is low (two nodes, two pools) the worst case scenario is that one or both pools overtake the nodes, and then we have to resync the nodes instead.
I don't see the fork, both pools found the block 14224 at the same time. Both pools considered their version "valid". Other nodes in the network don't really care. And it was resolved when hash.so found the next block (14225). At that point updamoon wallet realized that their 14224 is not going anywhere and marked it as orphan. All looks very normal to me. A fork could have happened when we were running different versions of the wallets, but I didn't see it happen even then. (and I did redownload my blockchains when I first noticed that there might be a issue).

Yeah I think all went smooth, I don't think there is a problem now since the two pools show varying blocks found meaning no more orphans and no fork. Solcoin is just afraid he'ss gonna get more work on his lazy ass Wink
Activity: 126
February 13, 2014, 06:23:06 PM
But Solcoin project why are you worrying about this? It's not a problem and it takes something extreme for a pool to have to delete their chain and download it again. Those pools will sort it out themselves when they notice an orphan, syncing up to proper chain automatically.

Because we have only two nodes. They are enough for this low hashrate and for just two pools, but since there was a fork and since the number of peers is low (two nodes, two pools) the worst case scenario is that one or both pools overtake the nodes, and then we have to resync the nodes instead.
I don't see the fork, both pools found the block 14224 at the same time. Both pools considered their version "valid". Other nodes in the network don't really care. And it was resolved when hash.so found the next block (14225). At that point updamoon wallet realized that their 14224 is not going anywhere and marked it as orphan. All looks very normal to me. A fork could have happened when we were running different versions of the wallets, but I didn't see it happen even then. (and I did redownload my blockchains when I first noticed that there might be a issue).
February 13, 2014, 06:12:07 PM

February 13, 2014, 06:10:04 PM
February 13, 2014, 05:55:58 PM
mpos takes some time to show orphan block, it can be 5-10 minutes, then you can see if that 14224 block fork was on updamoon.com or hash.so. But updamoon.com still asking 96 confirms for mature block so that might be a problem coming up later.
February 13, 2014, 05:29:30 PM
We have a problem, actually. Both hash.so and updamoon.com reports to have found block 14224, meaning there is a fork on one of the pools. Both nodes are in sync. I cannot tell which pool has forked because MPOS never reveals block hashes, but I suspect it is hash.so after all since updamoon seems to have a higher hashrate right now. Could admins of hash.so and updamoon.com verify that your latest blocks match the block explorer sitting on the second node? ( http://solcoin-explorer.tru.io/ )

Whichever of the pools are out of sync should kill their chain and redownload from the nodes, unless you're interested in trying to race for the longest chain.
Looks like it resolved itself, we won! Smiley

Looking at the "official" chain as represented by the two nodes, it seems the battle is still not over, unless there's still some big player doing solo mining involved.

add.: Ok, hash.so is definitely at the upper block height right now, but both pools are still fighting about catching up, unless one operator already deleted and resynced.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
it's a hardware thing!
February 13, 2014, 05:17:18 PM
February 13, 2014, 05:07:57 PM
We have a problem, actually. Both hash.so and updamoon.com reports to have found block 14224, meaning there is a fork on one of the pools. Both nodes are in sync. I cannot tell which pool has forked because MPOS never reveals block hashes, but I suspect it is hash.so after all since updamoon seems to have a higher hashrate right now. Could admins of hash.so and updamoon.com verify that your latest blocks match the block explorer sitting on the second node? ( http://solcoin-explorer.tru.io/ )

Whichever of the pools are out of sync should kill their chain and redownload from the nodes, unless you're interested in trying to race for the longest chain.
Looks like it resolved itself, we won! Smiley
February 13, 2014, 04:51:10 PM

February 13, 2014, 03:42:28 PM
actually I think there was no fork. My pools crons were just disabled. I think everything went smoothly Smiley I'll look more once I'm at home.

I'll cross fingers, let us know please so I know if I can keep mining on hash.so to spread hashrate better.
Yeah, everything looks good. I re-downloaded the block chain, but none of the blocks got marked as orphans. And well, I did upgrade pretty quickly, so I guess we got lucky. A bit stupid of me to forget to re-enable crons after the wallet upgrade Smiley
February 13, 2014, 02:02:08 PM
Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.
Doesn't this potentially fork the coin? Some wallets will accept blocks with coins that have matured for 72 blocks and older wallets will reject such blocks. Doesn't sound like a safe thing to do. I upgraded my pools wallet, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.

Yes, this had a potential risk, but it had to be done. Thankfully the Solcoin network is still small so the problem hit "only" one party, and I apologize that it was your pool that hit the snag. I hope you will have oversight with the bump in the road and keep operating your pool for the currency.

Both nodes and the other pool are running the latest version and they are in sync at the correct block - if you delete the chain and resync from scratch miners can resume on the old block path. Since we have few transactions going currently it only takes about a minute for the daemon to download the entire chain from the nodes.
actually I think there was no fork. My pools crons were just disabled. I think everything went smoothly Smiley I'll look more once I'm at home.

I'll cross fingers, let us know please so I know if I can keep mining on hash.so to spread hashrate better.
February 13, 2014, 01:36:23 PM
Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.
Doesn't this potentially fork the coin? Some wallets will accept blocks with coins that have matured for 72 blocks and older wallets will reject such blocks. Doesn't sound like a safe thing to do. I upgraded my pools wallet, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.

Yes, this had a potential risk, but it had to be done. Thankfully the Solcoin network is still small so the problem hit "only" one party, and I apologize that it was your pool that hit the snag. I hope you will have oversight with the bump in the road and keep operating your pool for the currency.

Both nodes and the other pool are running the latest version and they are in sync at the correct block - if you delete the chain and resync from scratch miners can resume on the old block path. Since we have few transactions going currently it only takes about a minute for the daemon to download the entire chain from the nodes.
Pages:
Jump to: