Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Solcoin [SOL] - page 8. (Read 33092 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
February 13, 2014, 12:48:07 PM
It was sol.hash.so that didn't catch up with the main blockchain, I have account on there and on updamoon and it's updamoon that is one the same block as the nodes. I synced my wallet and it didn't have to download all the chain form start since it talked to the main nodes. I think the faster sol.hash.so admin downloads the whole new blockchain the better. I preferred mining on that pool to spread hashrate out since updamoon got most miners.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 12:31:26 PM
Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.
Doesn't this potentially fork the coin? Some wallets will accept blocks with coins that have matured for 72 blocks and older wallets will reject such blocks. Doesn't sound like a safe thing to do. I upgraded my pools wallet, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.

Yes, this had a potential risk, but it had to be done. Thankfully the Solcoin network is still small so the problem hit "only" one party, and I apologize that it was your pool that hit the snag. I hope you will have oversight with the bump in the road and keep operating your pool for the currency.

Both nodes and the other pool are running the latest version and they are in sync at the correct block - if you delete the chain and resync from scratch miners can resume on the old block path. Since we have few transactions going currently it only takes about a minute for the daemon to download the entire chain from the nodes.
February 13, 2014, 12:24:42 PM
I don't want to talk about RapidCoin... Let's talk about SOL. 812000 SolCoins are generated each day. It's too much. And someone with just 5 MH/s (small rig) can get about 270000 SOL/day. There's no fair distribution. Someone can just mine most of the coins. In this case only increased Hashrate can spread the coin.

But miners won't mine this coin if it will not have any profitability. If Coinmarket.io would agree to add this coin, I'm ready to give 500,000 SOL for this purpose. Because, anyway it has no price today, and there will be no investors and miners.

But is it 100% that they sign up a coin if they get a donation? I don't mind asking and helping with some of the SOL I have left after promo.

I think that if we will try, it may work. Smiley I don't think that Coinmarket.io wants to lose it's reputation. This is the 3rd trade exchange in my opinion aftere Crytpsy and CoinEX.

I'll see if I can get in touch with them.
February 13, 2014, 12:16:45 PM
The correct chain is in the two official nodes, both running latest version with 72 confirmations. They are both at height 14185, hash 27513e565cc18a9dfa4bc7d15910e6810d3a8030769177be2dcd3de190a8c3b8. You might need to remove your blockchain and resync.

I also see that both nodes accept new blocks every few minutes, meaning at least one pool is mining, and I think it's updamoon.com which I know has updated to the latest github commit (f40fcd119a61f557e23794d657128451c6435930).
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
February 13, 2014, 10:21:57 AM
Seem the block chain was fork.
It's stop at block no. 14169.
February 13, 2014, 09:55:15 AM
Seems Hash.so can't get any block from Block no.14080.
I see these 2 hours.
It's plugged.
Another pool is normal.
Activity: 126
February 13, 2014, 07:23:15 AM
Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.
Doesn't this potentially fork the coin? Some wallets will accept blocks with coins that have matured for 72 blocks and older wallets will reject such blocks. Doesn't sound like a safe thing to do. I upgraded my pools wallet, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.
Activity: 224
MineCrew
February 13, 2014, 03:25:24 AM
The coin is a good thing.
When I see the annaounce by dev team.
Dev team is really improve this coin step by step.
Maybe It no visibility recently.
But I know it will be a good coin in the further.

The proof is in the pudding.

There's no future without exchange.
Coinmarket.io will list this coin if someone will pay dev listing fee. I saw that RapidCoin was released 2 days ago and they are already traded because they paid 40000 RPD.

Any ideas, how much you are personally ready to pay for Coinmarket.io listing?
It's legal and it will make coin grow much faster.

o_O that is like 1.7 BTC. Whaaat?! I have used almost 100000 SOL for promotion, but I can maybe donate 10000 more if coinmarket admins actually agree on putting Solcoin on trade for a SOL donation.

I don't want to talk about RapidCoin... Let's talk about SOL. 812000 SolCoins are generated each day. It's too much. And someone with just 5 MH/s (small rig) can get about 270000 SOL/day. There's no fair distribution. Someone can just mine most of the coins. In this case only increased Hashrate can spread the coin.

But miners won't mine this coin if it will not have any profitability. If Coinmarket.io would agree to add this coin, I'm ready to give 500,000 SOL for this purpose. Because, anyway it has no price today, and there will be no investors and miners.

But is it 100% that they sign up a coin if they get a donation? I don't mind asking and helping with some of the SOL I have left after promo.

I think that if we will try, it may work. Smiley I don't think that Coinmarket.io wants to lose it's reputation. This is the 3rd trade exchange in my opinion aftere Crytpsy and CoinEX.
February 12, 2014, 08:37:33 PM

Coinmarket.io will list this coin if someone will pay dev listing fee. I saw that RapidCoin was released 2 days ago and they are already traded because they paid 40000 RPD.

o_O that is like 1.7 BTC. Whaaat?! I have used almost 100000 SOL for promotion, but I can maybe donate 10000 more if coinmarket admins actually agree on putting Solcoin on trade for a SOL donation.

February 12, 2014, 04:27:20 PM
MineCrew
February 12, 2014, 06:59:01 AM

February 11, 2014, 08:32:36 PM

February 11, 2014, 12:00:29 PM

Where did you read that coinmarket.io lists currencies against a fee? As far as I'm aware all they've had is a forum thread (or voting poll) where they let users suggest which currencies they want to trade. 40000 RPD is at current exchange over 1.5 BTC. This fee seems highly unlikely to me.
MineCrew
February 10, 2014, 09:26:11 PM

February 10, 2014, 06:23:47 AM

legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2014, 12:13:28 AM
Heh, Kimoto gravity well sounds good... Smiley I think that's good, but at that moment there's no interest in this coin by multipools because it's not traded yet.

Unfortunately, yes, but the KGW will also keep the difficulty even and shifting smoother regardless of how low the network hashrate is. In hindsight we should have implemented it already at the start, from block 1. Live and learn.

Better to be proactive than reactive.
February 10, 2014, 12:03:38 AM
Heh, Kimoto gravity well sounds good... Smiley I think that's good, but at that moment there's no interest in this coin by multipools because it's not traded yet.

Unfortunately, yes, but the KGW will also keep the difficulty even and shifting smoother regardless of how low the network hashrate is. In hindsight we should have implemented it already at the start, from block 1. Live and learn.
MineCrew
February 09, 2014, 07:43:42 PM
Windows Qt wallet is updated and now contains all the latest changes including the Kimoto Gravity Well. Please let us know if it crashes upon exit or behaves weirdly in any other way. And as always; backup your private key or wallet file before updating any altcoin wallet software.

February 09, 2014, 11:46:51 AM
Windows Qt wallet is updated and now contains all the latest changes including the Kimoto Gravity Well. Please let us know if it crashes upon exit or behaves weirdly in any other way. And as always; backup your private key or wallet file before updating any altcoin wallet software.
MineCrew
February 08, 2014, 10:43:14 PM
What's happen, the hashrate rise 30 Mh/s during 12 hrs.
I hate this...

Now it's back to 15 MH/s. Are you happy? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: