Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpaceChain - A Decentralized Space Agency - page 7. (Read 28469 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 5
SpaceChain attends the 4th annual DC Blockchain Summit - a two-day event packed with networking, innovation and learning.

https://twitter.com/ZeeZheng/status/1103316661656969217
Hi, exciting times and exciting project. Can you please clarify a few things before I invest: Grin

I was planning to invest BTC in SPC as Space is something I am excited about, but I could not find any information regarding a few queries. Can you please help me make my decisions quick.

1. Out of the total supply of 1,000,000,000 SPC only 514,991,707 SPC is in circulation. Where is the remaining 485,008,293 SPC held and by whom??

2.  The average lifespan of a LEO satellite is approximately 5 years, and the bandwidth speed of LEO satellite is bad, how can you host data intensive applications if bandwidth is low? Do you have a plan to replace the existing satellites after their lifespan ends?

3. Can you update with what happened to the ETH that was collected in private sale? Can we know how much has been spent and how it has been used so far, almost all big projects are clear about this. There are projects who just take money and then do cash burn after raising money, I hope SpaceChain is doing great things, because space business needs lots of money. 

4. Who are the Engineers working on the project? The website talks about only 3 team members, CEO,CTO, CMO.

5.  Does SpaceChain Foundation hold any tokens? Is there a blockchain address where it can be tracked?

6. What was the private sale price and IEO Price?

7. Does CTO Jeff Garzik have any experience with the Space Industry? Or is there another Space Engineer/Scientist who has expertise in Space Industry and JGarzik just helps with Blockchain?

Hi, Sorry for the delay. Here are the answers to your questions...

1. Out of the total supply of 1,000,000,000 SPC only 514,991,707 SPC is in circulation. Where is the remaining 485,008,293 SPC held and by whom??

The remaining tokens are kept by SpaceChain for various needs including future reserves, key partners, talent acquisition, and building space and blockchain ecosystem.

2.  The average lifespan of a LEO satellite is approximately 5 years, and the bandwidth speed of LEO satellite is bad, how can you host data intensive applications if bandwidth is low? Do you have a plan to replace the existing satellites after their lifespan ends?

We are working on it. There are many existing LEO-GEO connection solutions that can potentially solve the bandwidth and frequency issue, but we are at an early stage of development.

3. Can you update with what happened to the ETH that was collected in private sale? Can we know how much has been spent and how it has been used so far, almost all big projects are clear about this. There are projects who just take money and then do cash burn after raising money, I hope SpaceChain is doing great things, because space business needs lots of money. 

The ETH that was collected is used for funding our business operations. We are well aware that a space business requires significant funding.

4. Who are the Engineers working on the project? The website talks about only 3 team members, CEO, CTO, CMO.

We have more than 20 people working on our project and another 20 engineers who are contributing to the development of SpaceChain’s hardware and software.

5.  Does SpaceChain Foundation hold any tokens? Is there a blockchain address where it can be tracked?

The Foundation holds the remaining 485,008,293 SPC.

We cannot disclose the private sale price as we have non-disclosure agreements with the investors who took part.

7. Does CTO Jeff Garzik have any experience with the Space Industry? Or is there another Space Engineer/Scientist who has expertise in Space Industry and JGarzik just helps with Blockchain?

Jeff Garzik has been an integral part of the initial SPC design in regards to satellite payloads and architecture of SpaceChain OS.  Additionally, he also provided the foundational architecture for the decentralized space constellation and the “data center in space” API and architecture. He has experience with the space and blockchain industry. But we also have a lead engineer who has expertise in space industry as well as advisors who are experts in the aerospace field.
Learn what the SpaceChain team has been up to last week.

https://spacechain.com/spacechain-weekly-report-feb-25-to-march-3/
On Feb 28, SpaceChain in partnership with Satellite Applications Catapult organized an event for the space community in UK to explore opportunities of blockchain in space. It was a great session of sharing, networking & brainstorming. For those who missed what happened, read more about it here:

https://spacechain.com/realising-the-opportunities-of-blockchain-technology-for-the-space-sector/
Hi, exciting times and exciting project. Can you please clarify a few things before I invest: Grin

I was planning to invest BTC in SPC as Space is something I am excited about, but I could not find any information regarding a few queries. Can you please help me make my decisions quick.

4. Who are the Engineers working on the project? The website talks about only 3 team members, CEO,CTO, CMO.

Hi! Give me some time to gather the answers from the team and i'll get back to you.

Thanks, cant wait to spread the word about you SpaceChain, once I learn more.

Awesome. I'll let you know by next week. The CEO is currently in UK presenting at some workshops and meeting space partners so he hasn't had time to reply me about these answers. I will let you know once i hear from him. Smiley
Activity: 86
Merit: 0

Hi! Give me some time to gather the answers from the team and i'll get back to you.

Thanks, cant wait to spread the word about you SpaceChain, once I learn more.
Get the latest tech  updates in this week's report.

https://spacechain.com/spacechain-weekly-report-feb-18-to-24/
SpaceChain is glad to play a part in Arch Mission Foundation's goal to put repositories of human knowledge around the Solar System, including on Earth.

https://www.cnet.com/news/backup-of-humanity-on-its-way-to-the-moon-aboard-israeli-lander/

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

Activity: 2296
Merit: 256
Find out what the team has been up to the past week:

https://spacechain.com/spacechain-weekly-report-feb-11-to-17/
Spacechain really is laying down the groundworks for the development and future of blockchain out there. I've been casually following the project, but think it's time to step up involvement a notch or two

Thanks for your support. Do follow our weekly updates every monday. We also post news on our social media platforms such as twitter, telegram and linkedIn. Smiley
yes I really like seeing the news that you provide on SpaceChain's social media channels I really don't want to miss the daily information that you provide on social media, and because of that I can also monitor the progress of the SpaceChain project

Spacechain really is laying down the groundworks for the development and future of blockchain out there. I've been casually following the project, but think it's time to step up involvement a notch or two

Thanks for your support. Do follow our weekly updates every monday. We also post news on our social media platforms such as twitter, telegram and linkedIn. Smiley
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

Activity: 518
Merit: 102
Of course, the more information the more investors will be interested. If the project is empty then attention will not attract !!!
Activity: 644
Merit: 272
  ::)I wonder how the project will develop in the future! How are administrators planning to promote it !?
I think everything will be fine with this project. According to reports, it is a work in progress and it is productive.
How will evolve, we will see everything, in any case, we are all here amicably watching the events, and the team gives us news about updates
team news publishes.we are aware of all the events and it pleases.

It is most important. When a team reports all its actions, then investors believe in the project.
You have already integrated Ethereum’s smart contract platform, which next blockchain will be integrated with your platform?

we're still integrating ETH and have good progress. We are not sure which blockchain will be next but we will continue to observe the market and industry to see what happens and which chain is best suited for SpaceChain.

Why we choose ETH? I think this is not better solution..
May be StellarXLM or need with smart contract?

Qtum has one of the best Proof of Stake (PoS) smart contract platforms. It provides the stability we want and consumes little energy, which is ideal for us in this blockchain/space industry. Qtum also has a more secure financial infrastructure than Ethereum as it uses an unspent transaction output (UTXO) model. However, Qtum is still in relatively early stages, and still needs more development tools and business development to support the ecosystem. 

Ethereum is the leading smart contract platform that most of blockchain users are familiar with, hence it will be easier for SpaceChain to promote user acquisition with ERC-20.

We believe in a multi-blockchain future. Combining Qtum’s energy efficient Proof of Stake (PoS) smart contract platform and Ethereum’s liquidity and large developer community is ideal for us in the blockchain and space industry. As the industry evolves, we continue to evaluate multiple technologies and pick the best ones that fit the SpaceChain community.
When will the release of the operating system SpaceChain?

The OS opened-sourced in March 2018. You can read this article to learn more. Smiley

https://spacechain.com/what-is-the-spacechain-operating-system/
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
  ::)I wonder how the project will develop in the future! How are administrators planning to promote it !?
I think everything will be fine with this project. According to reports, it is a work in progress and it is productive.
How will evolve, we will see everything, in any case, we are all here amicably watching the events, and the team gives us news about updates
team news publishes.we are aware of all the events and it pleases.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12

Easy way it's run signature campaign here.
This attract more new members.
May be to pay reward in BTC better.
Your idea is very precise and it will attract a lot of public attention, but in more detail, every project that wants to develop is definitely a lot of money, so all of this is a decision from the SpaceChain project team.
But we all know that any project requires a lot of money for the development of the idea, the team is trying and it can be seen, but this market is very difficult now
I repeated and will repeat - if the project is worthwhile, it will overcome this market, as it is now. The main thing is to continue the work.
In such a market, some projects implement their ideas.the main thing is not to give up
Pages:
Jump to: