Author

Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY) - page 204. (Read 676622 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 264

FEBRUARY 2016 BITCRYSTALS BURN REPORT

I hope you are enjoying the February BitCrystals Burn Report.

The total amount of BCY found in this report is higher than it was for the previous month, which is a bit unexpected,
because we released one card less this month.
People have noticed that the reports from the end of 2015 were showing  significantly more BitCrystals to be burnt.
Some of you were watching it with a raising anxiety. Personally, I’m far from being concerned about this issue.
BitCrystals we receive are, of course, our main source of revenue so our goal is to maximise it to sustain the game
operations. But in the beginning of this year we released less cards than during the fall  2015 and we also did less
flash sales and special offers. The reason for all that is we are putting more energy in two, at this moment more
important things:

- The gameplay itself (the product)
- The asset platform

The gameplay

The Sells of Genesis project has two main pillars: the development and the marketing/sales forces.
The role of our developers is to implement game features and to ensure the release of the final product, while the
role of the marketing and sales forces is to gain the project more visibility, to manage the community and to drive
sales.
Q4 2015 the SoG Beta didn’t exist yet, so our developers were busy building it, while our marketing team was working
on creating hype and selling cards. In the beginning of this year, I’ve decided to allocate more of our marketing
resources on the community management side. Since the first version of the Beta has been released, we are heavily
testing the game and organizing contests to reward players.
Right now, nothing to generate revenue is implemented in the game. There’s no way to purchase cards in app or to
monetise by advertisement. The main reason for this is we are not pushing hard to make money out of the game
immediately. Rather than this, we are focusing on making it great, keeping people involved and, most importantly,
on setting up the basis of a system allowing mainstream users to manage a Bitcoin wallet in a very simple way.

The asset platform

At the moment, EverdreamSoft is putting a considerable amount of effort in creating the asset platform. Our goal is
to provide mainstream users with a tool to purchase and trade cards. We aim to give them possibility of using a digital
wallet, which would be tolerant to password and data loss, while still giving them the full ownership of their private keys.
Once we have the perfect wallet solution, i.e. simple to use, secure and flexible, we are going to implement it directly
in Spells of Genesis and moreover, to open this solution to third parties games or products. And to focus our efforts more
on content sales.

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Hello EDS, any news about the possibility to quote BCY on any Chinese Market?

IMHO The right market is this:

https://www.yuanbaohui.com/coins

Factoids (FCT) (factom) did a super prince jump when listed there.

Listing BCY on a chinese market is the best and cost effective marketing option you have.

Happy to read you again, Viva!

Nice thing, this one... I agree with you, we DO NOT need to wait the game be released to go to China... 
We have to be there, present, just BEFORE the game is released... this means so much more visibility and marketing for the game... much more noise for new users and adopters.

Your example about Factom is perfect... why can't be listed on that Chinese exchange?

Thanks in advance,
Fassa.
Activity: 754
Merit: 510
EverdreamSoft Team

LET THERE BE LITE!

SATOSHI LITE, THE IMITATOR ON PREMIUM STORE

Satoshi Lite, one of our very rare cards, will be available on Premium Store from Friday,
March 4th, 3pm
CET. Get yours quickly, only 125 from the initial amount of 500 cards left!

Didn't get yours? Maybe our resellers can help you!

EverdreamSoft Team
Nice Work SoG team!
Any chance of getting credit from round 2 if counterparty address was not linked until 3/2/16?

I can prove ownership. Have tested since round 1, but was hesitant to link address until I just saw the Chrome extension (very cool btw)
Anyhow if Dev team could pm me I would provide account details, thanks Smiley

Coins are harder to come by now so it would mean a lot to those of us who tested and sent bug reports.
Hi Cryptophilanthropist,

thanks for your message!

Unfortunately, as stated in the Season 2 rules announcement, only the accounts created before Feb 24 were eligible for this season.
Nevertheless, if your address is linked now, you can take part in the Season 3, which starts later today (at the moment when your in-game currencies and offchain cards are reset).

Thanks for your understanding.
Activity: 219
Merit: 102

Listing BCY on a chinese market is the best and cost effective marketing option you have.

Maybe better waiting so long that game is available with Chinese language? Then it maybe get more news space also Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

Activity: 231
Merit: 101
Nice Work SoG team!
Any chance of getting credit from round 2 if counterparty address was not linked until 3/2/16?

I can prove ownership. Have tested since round 1, but was hesitant to link address until I just saw the Chrome extension (very cool btw)
Anyhow if Dev team could pm me I would provide account details, thanks Smiley

Coins are harder to come by now so it would mean a lot to those of us who tested and sent bug reports.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
Do any other coins have a shrinking supply like BCY?

I believe there was another coin that had this as a primary feature but i don't remember what the coin is. The shrinking supply though is just part of what is interesting about SOG and BCY, the OP  for this thread suggests that in-game purchases will effectively be market purchases of BCY that get burned... this is even more interesting than just burning, depending on how they implement this because both volume and price will be impacted. I haven't heard any details about this so I am skeptical. If this turns out to be the case and it is well thought out, I will show a lot more interest.
EverdreamSoft Team

LTCDRAGON

"Litca, the Silver Dragon" hoarding coins of lite will be available on Partner Store from Thursday, March 3rd, 3pm CET.

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

You probabably already know that there are problems on counterwallet (and counterparty as well) because of high fee requested.

Those issues do damage card and bcy circulation (Are Swapbots fine and running?)

I think that EDS should take a position between Core and Classic, or in genral on the blocksize debate.

For example:

https://counterpartytalk.org/t/pending-send-in-counterparty-wallet-and-not-in-coindaddy-wallet/1853

Activity: 183
Merit: 108
Awesome updates, can't wait to try it! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
Strange, I did not receive any bonus crystals for this round... Evolved at least 6 cards to max Sad

Ye, I received this message on Let Talk Bitcoin "You have received a distribution of 530 BITCRYSTALS", but I don't see it updated or the funds added to my wallet.

I think it took a day or two last time before it was actually sent out.
I don't see anything sent to my address when I check.
https://blockscan.com/address/1HVzTaFHpkcBeNbZRX1VazRuBwpBQ5zFA7
also still waiting on mine, but more then willing to wait Smiley
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Strange, I did not receive any bonus crystals for this round... Evolved at least 6 cards to max Sad

Ye, I received this message on Let Talk Bitcoin "You have received a distribution of 530 BITCRYSTALS", but I don't see it updated or the funds added to my wallet.

I think it took a day or two last time before it was actually sent out.
I don't see anything sent to my address when I check.
https://blockscan.com/address/1HVzTaFHpkcBeNbZRX1VazRuBwpBQ5zFA7
legendary
Activity: 1120
Just saw this on Bitcoinist thought I share it:

http://bitcoinist.net/spells-of-genesis-an-overview/

Also an article from CCM Japan about BCY price soaring:

http://cryptocurrencymagazine.com/bitcrystals-price-increase

Very good.  When things get going into April I think a coin (and game) like this will need heavy marketing/promo all over the 'net to be a bigger hit.  I assume you have plans for perhaps Facebook or also game app on Android Store or Apple istore? (Excuse me if I'm wrong and you're already on there?)
legendary
Activity: 1764
legendary
Activity: 1722
Just saw this on Bitcoinist thought I share it:

http://bitcoinist.net/spells-of-genesis-an-overview/

Also an article from CCM Japan about BCY price soaring:

http://cryptocurrencymagazine.com/bitcrystals-price-increase
legendary
Activity: 1722
Looking forward to season 3! Got to get some wave clearing going!
Also appreciate the improvements, it was time-consuming to crystallize cards one by one.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1007
Thanks for the update dev! Can't wait to try multiplayer and to see the players suggestions in action Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
I am on board...have bought me some of this coin, looking forward to see how price goes UP this year (I hope)  Grin - The sell books are SUPER thin, let's hope it stays that way! WOW!  When BCY becomes in demand I can see the value per coin skyrocketing...both for gamers using it and traders trading it.  

I also notice MANY coins were burnt after the ico, so there are only like 15 million now?  In addition to more being burnt often as the game/cards gets off the ground soon...holy cow, serious potential for rarity increasing and ppl will take notice.

Very positive development by dev team too which is something everyone should be comfortable with.  Cool  -  I'm not so into such gaming but I will check into it.  I see ppl have been buying which means something must be coming!
Jump to: