Author

Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY) - page 229. (Read 676622 times)

ebx
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
So what hnin wrote was wrong?
From Wed, Oct 28th 10 am CET further on: 1 200 BCY
 If you plan to reduce price in BCY when game reach mainstream.
If that is a plan what is the meaning to buy cards now? if we will be able to get OPEN BAZAAR card for 40 BYC in a year from now?

No the price won't be smashed down. But if the BCY goes 100 fold we might adjust price in order not to have 1000 USD per card (Until the whole supply is sold, then the market will set the price). Since we are burning BitCrystals every month we could reach a point where the price of a card could be even bigger than the market supply.
So the value in fiat currency (USD) won't go lower but higher. But in any case no quick decision without a community consultation.

Yodark the solution is quite simple:
1) The price of the old card must remain the same over time, the fact that now those cards are overpriced in fiat money do define their rarity and it is the reward for early adopters.
But
2) The price of NEW cards Must be smashed now (imho). Let's say about 30%-40% less in bcy terms, to give a chance to buy one to not so wealthy people and most important to new adopters, those that did not do the crowdsale.
My take is: You really have to take in account bcy and bitcoin volatility by designing the new cards price curve on some fiat money alghoritm. After all, we hope (or think) that the most of the revenue stream and burning power will came from Apple Store and Google Play trought fiat money,sometime  in 2016.

I totally agree with this.  Existing card prices should not be changed from the schedule but new card prices should be cut in half at least.  Ultimately this means more revenue for EDS because people will eventually buy them even at those "high" prices.

Also I wanted to post about my Spells of Genesis Swapbot - Currently have a RIPPLECARD for sale as well as a few others and I'm looking to trade TOKENLY (redeemable for a month of your own vending machine rental) to those with cards they don't want. Here's the card swapper bot https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/adam/tokenlys-spells-of-genesis-card-buyer#/choose

You can easily search through all active swapbot vending machines at https://tokenrank.tokenly.com, there are actually quite a few people buying and selling SoG cards besides EDS so you might find a deal.

Just to let everyone know, we've also integrated the SwapBots API directly into https://sogassets.com to make it super easy to find the bot that you're looking for. It's constantly updated with information so you'll always have the latest results, just click on a `SwapBots` link to see the bots available!

https://i.imgur.com/abQ8Dbu.png
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
I still don't get this trading card thing or the whole bitcrystals concept ,maybe because I'm not a game. I will be buying my first trading card tomorrow  Smiley

Good luck with your first card purchase! If you have any questions on how to get the Bitcrystals you will need to buy the card or anything else related to the game, please join the Spells of Genesis Slack:

http://spellsofgenesis.herokuapp.com

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I still don't get this trading card thing or the whole bitcrystals concept ,maybe because I'm not a game. I will be buying my first trading card tomorrow  Smiley
Activity: 754
Merit: 510
EverdreamSoft Team

WHAT ARE AJI-ARKETAAR’S INTENTIONS?

MYSTERIOUS FLYING SERPENT FROM THE AJI-SAAR DIMENSION

We know you are looking forward to the next Aji-Saar card and - here it is!
On Tuesday, October 27th, we are launching XAJIARKETAAR, the 3rd card from five limited
series designed by Ryo Fougere.

XAJIARKETAAR is issued in a limited supply of 700 cards. Its initial price will be 500 BCY and then the price
will increase as follows (all the times are indicated in CET):

Tue, Oct 27th 3pm - 3:30pm: 500 BCY
Tue, Oct 27th 3:30pm - 4pm: 600 BCY
Tue, Oct 27th 4pm - 6pm: 750 BCY
Tue, Oct 27th 6pm - Wed, Oct 28th 10am: 900 BCY
Wed, Oct 28th 10am - Fri, Oct 30th 10am CET: 1 100 BCY
From  Fri, Oct 30th 10am further on: 1 350 BCY

COMPLETE YOUR COLLECTION OF SOG BLOCKCHAIN-BASED TRADING CARDS!

Activity: 754
Merit: 510
EverdreamSoft Team
Hi anybody can guide me to withdraw BitCrystals from http://www.spellsofgenesis.com/ to my Counterwallet?

Please wait for indications from the EverdreamSoft team. They are still working out a way to make sure fake/duplicate accounts won´t be awarded with free BCY. Most likely a verification step will be required to prove you are the real owner of the address. This may be accomplished by requiring people to go through a SMS verification step. But we need to wait for the team to let us know what the exact procedure will be.
Hi, heunland is right. We are still working on a safe system, because we have noticed a huge number of fake addresses.
Of course, we will keep you up to date! Thank you for your patience!
Hi anybody can guide me to withdraw BitCrystals from http://www.spellsofgenesis.com/ to my Counterwallet?

Please wait for indications from the EverdreamSoft team. They are still working out a way to make sure fake/duplicate accounts won´t be awarded with free BCY. Most likely a verification step will be required to prove you are the real owner of the address. This may be accomplished by requiring people to go through a SMS verification step. But we need to wait for the team to let us know what the exact procedure will be.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
Is it Burning Time?

Have a look:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dyi7yMsqDOxCzk2cf9slODeein2L4GCDVubCY706QR8/edit#gid=0

All the swapbots addresses were emptied, so all bcy collected by card sale now are on their own vault addresses

Probably just because we are in the END of October and it is burning time

Here are (my) numbers:

943.027 bcy collected
471.514 to be burned

44.433.901 free (not burned) bcy
1,06%        % of bcy to be burned this month
12,73%      Yearly burn rate
1131          days to ZERO bcy at this montly burn rate.
most popular cards:
1) bazaarcard (more than 100.000bcy collected in less than a week)
2) ltbcard

That's all folks.... for October

p.s. There some, non BCY token collected by swabots (gemz and stjx) , I do not count those revenue streams. Just curious to see Everdream soft final numbers.
Activity: 208
Merit: 10
Ross Ulbricht probably.

Evil! and Rare, only 500 pcs.

Ok I propose 4 cards:

Gavinxtcd
Mikextcd

vs

Gregorycorecd
Petrecorecd

uaz uaz

Ok wait....I'm joking. No block size trolling here...

We already got BLOCKSIZECD so no need for the above mentioned cards IMHO anyway ... Wink
Yeah... agree
Ross Ulbricht probably.

Ok I propose 4 cards:

Gavinxtcd
Mikextcd

vs

Gregorycorecd
Petrecorecd

uaz uaz

We already got BLOCKSIZECD so no need for the above mentioned cards IMHO anyway ... Wink
Ross Ulbricht probably.

Ok I propose 4 cards:

Gavinxtcd
Mikextcd

vs

Gregorycorecd
Petrecorecd

uaz uaz

legendary
Activity: 1120
Ross Ulbricht probably.
3 New Cards created recently:

CARDAIRBITZ
CARDAUGUR
ROSSCARD

Still waiting on:

XAJIBESAAR

Hopefully should see these for sale soon!!!   Grin

So we have:
Airbitz partnership
Augur partnership (Probably the Best Service Project working on a blockchain technology ever)
but...
What exactly is Ross? (maybe Rostock?)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Just to let everyone know that Spells of Genesis has opened their Community Slack to everyone.

You can signing up here:

https://spellsofgenesis.herokuapp.com/
legendary
Activity: 927

CARDAIRBITZ
CARDAUGUR
ROSSCARD

Still waiting on:

XAJIBESAAR

I have to say it's pretty thrilling when new cards get released. I get all amp'd up to get my hands on them. Looking forward to these new cards! Good luck with your collections everyone.

On a side note, I'm impressed with the burn amount already accumulated for this month. Well done on the spreadsheet Viva!

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Secondary markets built on tokens that exist outside of a given game or system are totally new.  There's no roadmap or anything, we're just trying things and seeing what happens.  Jop sold like 6 ripplecards for a crazy amount of BITCRYSTALS so yeah obviously i'm going to try and capitalize if it's worth it to somebody.  That's my only RIPPLECARD so i'm not that anxious to sell it given the rarity.

If you want to set up your own swapbot and show me how it's done, post your counterparty address and I'll send you a TOKENLY you can redeem for a month of swapbot vending service.

I think, only way is to peg new card prices to USD or whatever currency.
Not bitcoin for sure, since x10 in price might make cards to expensive for anyone to buy.
Not BitCrystals since x10 of Bitcrystal price will or make cards to expensive for anyone to buy or scam those that are buying cards right now.

For sure leave already issued cards price in BitCrystals as it is now. There are only 21 issued and even if 1500 BitCrystas will be worth a fortune I think they will  eventually be sold. If to expensive and not sold, that mean that less then 1000 will actually be in circulation and that will justify higher price then the rest.

Currently Swapbots can peg a USD price payable in bitcoin, but we don't yet support USD price peggable in BITCRYSTALS (which incidentally, is the name people should be using because if you try and send BCY you'll find it's an invalid token because the token itself is actually called BITCRYSTALS)

It's on the list for implementation.
legendary
Activity: 1148
So what hnin wrote was wrong?
From Wed, Oct 28th 10 am CET further on: 1 200 BCY
 If you plan to reduce price in BCY when game reach mainstream.
If that is a plan what is the meaning to buy cards now? if we will be able to get OPEN BAZAAR card for 40 BYC in a year from now?

No the price won't be smashed down. But if the BCY goes 100 fold we might adjust price in order not to have 1000 USD per card (Until the whole supply is sold, then the market will set the price). Since we are burning BitCrystals every month we could reach a point where the price of a card could be even bigger than the market supply.
So the value in fiat currency (USD) won't go lower but higher. But in any case no quick decision without a community consultation.

Yodark the solution is quite simple:
1) The price of the old card must remain the same over time, the fact that now those cards are overpriced in fiat money do define their rarity and it is the reward for early adopters.
But
2) The price of NEW cards Must be smashed now (imho). Let's say about 30%-40% less in bcy terms, to give a chance to buy one to not so wealthy people and most important to new adopters, those that did not do the crowdsale.
My take is: You really have to take in account bcy and bitcoin volatility by designing the new cards price curve on some fiat money alghoritm. After all, we hope (or think) that the most of the revenue stream and burning power will came from Apple Store and Google Play trought fiat money,sometime  in 2016.

I totally agree with this.  Existing card prices should not be changed from the schedule but new card prices should be cut in half at least.  Ultimately this means more revenue for EDS because people will eventually buy them even at those "high" prices.

Also I wanted to post about my Spells of Genesis Swapbot - Currently have a RIPPLECARD for sale as well as a few others and I'm looking to trade TOKENLY (redeemable for a month of your own vending machine rental) to those with cards they don't want. Here's the card swapper bot https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/adam/tokenlys-spells-of-genesis-card-buyer#/choose

You can easily search through all active swapbot vending machines at https://tokenrank.tokenly.com, there are actually quite a few people buying and selling SoG cards besides EDS so you might find a deal.

Right now the price of BCY on average is consistent with the IPO for BCY.  Ranging from 8k sats to 10k sats puts this on par.  The only major difference is the price swing with BTC which makes the fiat price higher.

If there were to be a significant increase like 5x or 10x current prices, say each BCY went to $0.10 or more, due to increase in BTC vs. fiat, then the prices should be adjusted.  Right now it should be left alone.

After all it will be up to whatever the market is willing to pay.

You talk about Ripple.  Less than 5 days ago it was going for less than half what it is now, and I see you are trying to capitalize on the market increase by selling it for 0.5 BTC, yet at the same time you believe new cards should be "less" costly.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Regardless, the market will take cards to where it believes they should be.  BCY team should actually keep increasing prices for all cards as they have been doing.  Once the game gets more popular, all the cards that are out right now will be high demand since they are limited and by increasing the prices small steps at a time will ensure the market keeps the limited card prices high.

I'm on par for keeping new card prices "as is" unless there is a drastic increase in BTC prices or if BCY were to rise drastically vs BTC.  Lowering them will only feed the "card shark" pockets down the road as the cards increase based on where the market believes the prices should be.
legendary
Activity: 1148

CARDAIRBITZ
CARDAUGUR
ROSSCARD

Still waiting on:

XAJIBESAAR

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
I think, only way is to peg new card prices to USD or whatever currency.
Not bitcoin for sure, since x10 in price might make cards to expensive for anyone to buy.
Not BitCrystals since x10 of Bitcrystal price will or make cards to expensive for anyone to buy or scam those that are buying cards right now.

For sure leave already issued cards price in BitCrystals as it is now. There are only 21 issued and even if 1500 BitCrystas will be worth a fortune I think they will  eventually be sold. If to expensive and not sold, that mean that less then 1000 will actually be in circulation and that will justify higher price then the rest.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

An advice:

In this moment Sjxcard priced in Sjcx is about 18% off than in Bcy (1620x0.00005638=0.0913btc vs 1200x0.00009=0.108btc)
[poloniex prices]

Check it:
https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/spellsofgenesis/sjcxcard-bot#choose

New Advice:

In this moment Sjxcard priced in Sjcx is about 20.7% off than in Bcy (1620x0.00005286=0.0856btc vs 1200x0.00009=0.108btc)
[poloniex prices]

Check it:
https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/spellsofgenesis/sjcxcard-bot#choose

EDS could peg the price in bitcoin to a dollar amount, what do you think of that? and what would the right price be?
Jump to: