Author

Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs - page 714. (Read 1260005 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Is it louder than a 1st gen Avalon ?

In quiet, for now its about the same. The actual miner's fans are the same noise level as a few Antminers, but the PSU is crazily loud. Its way overcooling so they're going to figure out how to control it hopefully. Once the PSU gets sorted then it will be quieter than a gen 1 Avalon, louder than my cooling modded gen 1 Avalon but potentially the same noise level as an Antminer.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Is it louder than a 1st gen Avalon ?
Activity: 404
Merit: 359
in bitcoin we trust
http://www.coindesk.com/bankrupt-bitcoin-mining-company-alydian-sell-218ths-mining-power/

bankrupt cloud mining company Alydian attempting to offload 218TH of mining equipment.

Alydian's equipment efficiency and pricing is significantly worse than spondoolies for comparison.

Watch: $5k/TH vs $5k for 1.4TH.  Secondly 6kW per 1TH unit vs 1.25kW for 1.4TH (6.7x worse W/GH).  And 42U (whole rack??) vs 1.25U (47x worse density TH/rack?).  Me thinks alydian will have to reduce their price or no one will buy them.   6kW at $0.15/kWh is $650/mo plus 6kW worth of heat to disipate via cooling vs $97/mo (power per TH).   They would have to sell them at a significant discount for that to make sense in a mining calculator. (Less bad if your power is cheaper).

(Of course its easy to show poor results for several generations old equipment, but if Alydian actually want to sell them...)

Adam

(disclaimer I am a crypto consultant to spondoolies).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Just getting some sun in Wink

But in all seriousness, turbo and 'normal' modes are way too loud edit: for now in a residential setting. The names are a bit misleading though and 'normal' is actually to run at a high ambient of 31C. Running 'normal' at normal room temp will get the same hash rates as turbo was designed to do. Working now at getting quiet mode even quieter (its the PSU which is very loud at the moment), but its promising. Also designing the real cooling mods which are looking promising at the moment - just want to get this PSU out of the way first.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Its that noisy?
We're working to reduce fans and PSU fans speed. In ambient temperature of 20C, the unit should produce at least 1.4 TH/s with bearable noise level.
We're still tweaking the firmware.
In addition, we'll offer very competitive hosting plans. The customer will have full control over his/her unit and will be able to decide to ship it at anytime

Another question, are the fans being dynamically controlled by the FW? or can we manually adjust the fan speed?

I would like to have control of the fans regardless.... I actually dont mind the noise because i have my own mining room.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
Its that noisy?
We're working to reduce fans and PSU fans speed. In ambient temperature of 20C, the unit should produce at least 1.4 TH/s with bearable noise level.
We're still tweaking the firmware.
In addition, we'll offer very competitive hosting plans. The customer will have full control over his/her unit and will be able to decide to ship it at anytime
Activity: 658
So, Guy (Spondoolies-Tech CEO) has just dropped by to deliver my sample SP10 – Dawson unit.

Here are some photos of it in operation, right here in my living room:
Any way to measure the power consumption?
I'll try.
So, I measured the power consumption and it's about 1.3 KW.

Also, by putting it on silent and placing it in a structure I have outside of my home itself, the noise levels seem bearable. Might not work as well for people with less flexible real estate.

Its that noisy?

Even you leave it outside of the house can you can still hear it?

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
So, Guy (Spondoolies-Tech CEO) has just dropped by to deliver my sample SP10 – Dawson unit.

Any way to measure the power consumption?
I'll try.
So, I measured the power consumption and it's about 1.3 KW.

Also, by putting it on silent and placing it in a structure I have outside of my home itself, the noise levels seem bearable. Might not work as well for people with less flexible real estate.
donator
website down?

TANGO DOWN!:

Uh-oh!

It looks like something broke. We’ve been notified and will have the problem fixed as soon as possible

Hopefully they fix the website soon Huh

The website was down for a few minutes but is back up now.
We are working with Shopify to understand what the problem was.

Thank you for you patience everyone.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
website down?

TANGO DOWN!:

Uh-oh!

It looks like something broke. We’ve been notified and will have the problem fixed as soon as possible

Not sure what you guys talking about? Website is working for me (UK).
website down?

TANGO DOWN!:

Uh-oh!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Hi,

any plans to lower May prices?

spiccioli

Maybe in June... ?
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
Hi,

any plans to lower May prices?

spiccioli
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Any plans for a low end miner?
donator
Hello. I would like to know if you guys have any problems shipping to the U.S and more specifically to Hawaii. I plan on buying around 3 Power packs for the next batch. This will be my first purchase of a miner ever and the rep meter on you guys is skyrocketing. If I could even get some kind of discount on them, maybe even 4 power packs. Thank you.

Yes, we do ship to Hawaii. Please contact us at [email protected] for inquiries on large quantities.
Activity: 93
still wish I would have gotten a sample Tongue like the reviews, noise would be an issue for me since im not interested in hosting.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Ahem... that was FAST! This is certainly one of the most seamless coming to market with an ASIC Rig we have seen to date. If only everyone did it this way eh? Now for customer products let us see how that shakes out.
Activity: 518
Hello. I would like to know if you guys have any problems shipping to the U.S and more specifically to Hawaii. I plan on buying around 3 Power packs for the next batch. This will be my first purchase of a miner ever and the rep meter on you guys is skyrocketing. If I could even get some kind of discount on them, maybe even 4 power packs. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

The first thing to notice is that it's noisy. I heard it would be noisy (pun intended) but thought I could maybe pull it off - and it really is that bad, I'm probably not going to run it at my home. There's a "slient" mode which sacrifices some performance for quiet, but it too doesn't help very much.

Basically, to operate it all you have to do is connect it to power and to the LAN, and access its control panel through the browser in any computer on the network. They've developed the software tools to make operating the device easy, bu there are still software and firmware issues to work out. We had to mess with it a bit until we got it working, but it looks like it will be fixed soon.

What is more interesting is the hardware. I've configured it to connect to my account at Eclipse MC. After running it for a few minutes to let Eclipse sample the hashrate, Eclipse reported a hashrate of 1.4 TH/s (Holy-Fire_3 in the image). It fluctuated a bit, probably due to sampling errors, but it seems inline with the advertised specs.

[IMGwidth=600]http://i.imgur.com/FkdfaPh.png[/img]
Looking good.
Jump to: