Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 169. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Nice,
after all this FUD,
it's nice to read this.
 Grin

I totally support georgem. Why is there so many critics these times ? Such a project take a lot of time, and anyone can contribute without asking the permission Roll Eyes...

Thanks. Indeed it takes a lot of time, especially if you want to do a thorough job, and do things differently than your average copy/paste dev.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I'm super excited about zero knowledge contingent payments. I stated many pages back that zero knowledge proofs was probably the way to go with PoBN and I am even more confident that it can indeed help with validating PoBN.

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/02/26/zero-knowledge-contingent-payments-announcement/

This sounds indeed groundbreaking!
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Georgem, for your first update can you make sure that you address individual concerns?  

No, the update I'm preparing will be a purely technical one.
Me talking to the community about dev work.
That's what people are waiting for, and that's what they will get.

But we can talk about your own individual concerns right here, publicly and anytime.

Don't use Slack for this. I literally spent 50 hours during January addressing your concerns on Slack. No more of this!  Roll Eyes

So, what was your concern again?

My only criticisms are that communication is non existent and progress isn't reported.  This makes it very hard to contribute.

How can a team work together if they have no idea what the lead dev is doing?

I mean besides that?

Didn't we agree to research Big Data so we can find a methodology that respects both privacy and decentralization?
Why has there not been any activity in this area?

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=23.0

I thought by now we would be having a pretty heated discussion going on in this subforum. (as has happened in slack)
You know, dissecting the proposal piece by piece, addressing every issue, discussing legalities, concepts, problems, etc..

Why isn't this happening? How exactly is my dev work stopping you from continuing your research?

I mean, I created a well thought out roadmap:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735.0

and definied a few research areas so that people who want to contribute can help in a more specific way:

http://www.spreadcoin.info/community.php

But still, you keep asking that question.

Anyway, I'll just have to improve this even further I guess.

Weekly dev podcast it is!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
what is the hashrate of the 970 here?

22426 posts. Shocked

ah yeah i'm the number one poster here, but aside from this, it appear that this coin is profitable or i'm missing something

searchign in the web i've found that 1 970 do 3M(1/100 of the total net), and the exchange rate is 10k satoshi

now i'm not sure how many coins are prodced per day, but at 6.6 coins per block and a blocktime of 1 minutes, should be 9600, so 1/100 of that is 96 coins per day with a single 9700, is this correct?

Each block produces about 5.3 coins. So more like 7,600 or so per day

BTW, Welcome!

this is more than 100 coin per day with a single 970, really nice profit

With 3 MH/s with the current difficulty / reward you'd get 55.87022269 SPR / day. And you have to consider the hash rate spiking many times a day so it's a lot less than that.

one 970 with the correct miner can do 4800, so 50% more than 55 coins, which is 82-83, basically aroun 0.008 btc per day, almost like ethereum, which is 0.01
Activity: 19
Merit: 0

22426 posts. Shocked

ah yeah i'm the number one poster here, but aside from this, it appear that this coin is profitable or i'm missing something

searchign in the web i've found that 1 970 do 3M(1/100 of the total net), and the exchange rate is 10k satoshi

now i'm not sure how many coins are prodced per day, but at 6.6 coins per block and a blocktime of 1 minutes, should be 9600, so 1/100 of that is 96 coins per day with a single 9700, is this correct?

BTW, Welcome!

With 3 MH/s with the current difficulty / reward you'd get 55.87022269 SPR / day. And you have to consider the hash rate spiking many times a day so it's a lot less than that.
legendary

22426 posts. Shocked

BTW, Welcome!

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
I'm not sure, but I think there is something like 8000 SPR per day. There isn't 6.6 SPR per block ; but only 5.3 SPR. The halving is going smoothly. Now, the price is very cheap and big things are coming ; if I was you, I would place a buy order at 10k or more.

Full of it you mate.

The reality is this coin is undervalued when you consider this project is currently in active development, has several unique implementations, and a road map for profitability.  It doesn't matter how long that takes.  Look at spr vs comparable in terms of market cap coins.  It's clear you sold your coins and are looking to buy in cheaper.  If it drops to 7k, I and a host of others will be buying as well, so good luck.  I certainly won't be selling at this rate. 
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
I'm not sure, but I think there is something like 8000 SPR per day. There isn't 6.6 SPR per block ; but only 5.3 SPR. The halving is going smoothly. Now, the price is very cheap and big things are coming ; if I was you, I would place a buy order at 10k or more.

Full of it you mate.

Unless Georgem literally can't do what he intended to do there's no reason for price to go lower than this. We are further along than we were 4 months ago. Seriously, at this point it is just a matter of time. He has been very clear he is staying aboard the ship! We have a very good Captain, even if it might appear he's been like Jack Sparrow navigating with a compass that doesn't work.

In other words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUx60oVEAI
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Full of it you mate.
Ni dieu ni maître
I'm super excited about zero knowledge contingent payments. I stated many pages back that zero knowledge proofs was probably the way to go with PoBN and I am even more confident that it can indeed help with validating PoBN.

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/02/26/zero-knowledge-contingent-payments-announcement/

How would it work? Well, lets see:

1. SPR network to an SPR SN / Bitcoin node operator - hey, I want to give you a reward for running a Bitcoin full node.

2. SN Operator - Wow, thanks. Hit me with those rewards.

3. SPR network to an SPR SN / Bitcoin node operator - Sure, but first...do you really have a full Bitcoin node?

4. SN Operator - Do you really need to ask, me of all SNs?

5. SPR network to an SPR SN / Bitcoin node operator - Yes. Sorry, about that. What's the hash of your unique download serial number from the official repo and the last n blocks?

If a SN can answer these questions or variants of these types of questions, the SPR network can validate the answer easily and the node can get paid automatically.

Thanks for breaking that down, lol. Sounds like your prediction was right not too long ago
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Ni dieu ni maître

22426 posts. Shocked

BTW, Welcome!
legendary

22426 posts. Shocked

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

How would it work? Well, lets see:

1. SPR network to an SPR SN / Bitcoin node operator - hey, I want to give you a reward for running a Bitcoin full node.

2. SN Operator - Wow, thanks. Hit me with those rewards.

3. SPR network to an SPR SN / Bitcoin node operator - Sure, but first...do you really have a full Bitcoin node?

4. SN Operator - Do you really need to ask, me of all SNs?

5. SPR network to an SPR SN / Bitcoin node operator - Yes. Sorry, about that. What's the hash of your unique download serial number from the official repo and the last n blocks?

If a SN can answer these questions or variants of these types of questions, the SPR network can validate the answer easily and the node can get paid automatically.
Ni dieu ni maître
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Sounds like a scam.   Might as well search for scammernakamoto.  Do not take from our hard earned nodes!  I thought spread coin was above all that.  We do not want to turn into fedoracoin do we?
~GRC

Don't worry, I think people here are just brainstorming, so always take such unofficial ideas with a grain of salt.

One day we might have a vanitygen-competition, but only if it can run on top of a blockchain-based crowd-funding mechanism, where participants themselves decide the goal of the competition and the prize-collateral they are willing to bet. No middlemen whatsoever. And most importantly: people who don't want to participate, don't need to.
Such schemes must always work in a trustless, permissionless manner, where nobody has any control or liability: with only cryptography as the sole guardian needed.

As a libertarian I understand the principles of decentralization pretty well, so rest assured that everything I research and develop has the goal of increasing decentralization, or finding new ways of decentralization where it hasn't been tried before.
I am not here to please investors or fintech or my own or someone elses financial needs. But in the end, the world is in dire need of more decentralization so all the aforementioned parties will find value in truly decentralized systems.

That's why I'm building the decentralized blockexplorer.
That's also why I am building servicenodes that run with a competitive collateral. (decentralizing away the need for a "king" that decides the amount of collateral for everybody else)
Literally everything I will work on will have the name "decentralized" in front of it, or else I'm simply not going to touch it.

You get the idea: if it can't be done in a decentralized way, we shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

So with this in mind, I understand that not everybody here has the same mindset. Not even all of the core members.
But I am not here to police other people's "ideas".

But I'll do everything I can to not let conflicting agendas dissuade spreadcoin from achieving true decentralization.

---

So... I'm putting a few things together.

I understand that what people are most waiting to see is some sort of update about the work I've been doing. And not just once, but in a regular manner, maybe once a week?
It will take me a few days to put all the experiments I have done (and their results) in a digestible form that can be publicly presented.
I do have a promising format in mind that I can use to present updates, possibly in the form of a youtube podcast.

Please bare with me for a few more days, to get everything in order.

Thanks everybody!

Georgem, for your first update can you make sure that you address individual concerns?  Its all very well talking about your commitment to decentralisation and experiments that you have conducted but people want to know how your progress against the roadmap is developing and also when other people will be permitted to assist you.

You've got a team of people with significant experience in crypto who are emotionally and financially invested in this project ready and willing to help you. At the moment you are cutting them off.  You aren't even engaging people in the dev slack channel which is why I am speaking publicly here.  I don't think anybody thinks this is wise or acceptable.  At worst, its disrespectful to people who have offered you support both financially and practically.

I'm very sorry but georgem is clinging onto an idea that I don't think he can carry out. I know he is time/money and emotionally invested so it's hard for him to be honest about the real progress, which I suspect is dismal and SNs are along way away. The task is epic and ambitious, so I really can't blame georgem. But he should be honest, 100%, let the price correct and build up from there.

I make no assumptions but I'd like to think that georgem would ask for help if he was struggling.  What he is setting out to do is achievable and there are plenty of people out there ready and willing to help if he would let them in.

This is a community project but at the moment it feels like georgem is running this solo.

I totally support georgem. Why is there so many critics these times ? Such a project take a lot of time, and anyone can contribute without asking the permission Roll Eyes...

My only criticisms are that communication is non existent and progress isn't reported.  This makes it very hard to contribute.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Sounds like a scam.   Might as well search for scammernakamoto.  Do not take from our hard earned nodes!  I thought spread coin was above all that.  We do not want to turn into fedoracoin do we?
~GRC

Don't worry, I think people here are just brainstorming, so always take such unofficial ideas with a grain of salt.

One day we might have a vanitygen-competition, but only if it can run on top of a blockchain-based crowd-funding mechanism, where participants themselves decide the goal of the competition and the prize-collateral they are willing to bet. No middlemen whatsoever. And most importantly: people who don't want to participate, don't need to.
Such schemes must always work in a trustless, permissionless manner, where nobody has any control or liability: with only cryptography as the sole guardian needed.

As a libertarian I understand the principles of decentralization pretty well, so rest assured that everything I research and develop has the goal of increasing decentralization, or finding new ways of decentralization where it hasn't been tried before.
I am not here to please investors or fintech or my own or someone elses financial needs. But in the end, the world is in dire need of more decentralization so all the aforementioned parties will find value in truly decentralized systems.

That's why I'm building the decentralized blockexplorer.
That's also why I am building servicenodes that run with a competitive collateral. (decentralizing away the need for a "king" that decides the amount of collateral for everybody else)
Literally everything I will work on will have the name "decentralized" in front of it, or else I'm simply not going to touch it.

You get the idea: if it can't be done in a decentralized way, we shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

So with this in mind, I understand that not everybody here has the same mindset. Not even all of the core members.
But I am not here to police other people's "ideas".

But I'll do everything I can to not let conflicting agendas dissuade spreadcoin from achieving true decentralization.

---

So... I'm putting a few things together.

I understand that what people are most waiting to see is some sort of update about the work I've been doing. And not just once, but in a regular manner, maybe once a week?
It will take me a few days to put all the experiments I have done (and their results) in a digestible form that can be publicly presented.
I do have a promising format in mind that I can use to present updates, possibly in the form of a youtube podcast.

Please bare with me for a few more days, to get everything in order.

Thanks everybody!

Georgem, for your first update can you make sure that you address individual concerns?  Its all very well talking about your commitment to decentralisation and experiments that you have conducted but people want to know how your progress against the roadmap is developing and also when other people will be permitted to assist you.

You've got a team of people with significant experience in crypto who are emotionally and financially invested in this project ready and willing to help you. At the moment you are cutting them off.  You aren't even engaging people in the dev slack channel which is why I am speaking publicly here.  I don't think anybody thinks this is wise or acceptable.  At worst, its disrespectful to people who have offered you support both financially and practically.

I'm very sorry but georgem is clinging onto an idea that I don't think he can carry out. I know he is time/money and emotionally invested so it's hard for him to be honest about the real progress, which I suspect is dismal and SNs are along way away. The task is epic and ambitious, so I really can't blame georgem. But he should be honest, 100%, let the price correct and build up from there.

I make no assumptions but I'd like to think that georgem would ask for help if he was struggling.  What he is setting out to do is achievable and there are plenty of people out there ready and willing to help if he would let them in.

This is a community project but at the moment it feels like georgem is running this solo.

Jump to: