Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 235. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Whats happening with the Windows AMD miners?

I guess I'll have to stop some other apps and boot to Linux, unless there is anything out there.....

The windows AMD miner is on the downloads page on spreadcoin.info

My bad.

I remember some heated discussions about optimized AMD miners, which I thought was related to windows AMD miners. But if that's a load of nonsense then I'll get on with it...

Cheers!

the optimized miners are no nonsense coins101 ..

though i am pretty sure they are ccminer based only ( ccminer-spmod to be exact ) - as im unaware whether there is the amd optimized ones ...

sp is selling the miner - and im amazed he hasnt advertized here for it ...

#crysx

Sure, I don't like the performance of the official AMD miner.  I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for it.

go to the ccminer-spmod thread mate ... and contact him ... if you have nvidia miners of course ...

and no - i dont get any kickback from this - in case those 'others' want to say anything about that ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ccminersp-mod-modded-nvidia-maxwell-pascal-kernels-826901 ... is his thread ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

I guess I'll have to stop some other apps and boot to Linux, unless there is anything out there.....

My bad.

I remember some heated discussions about optimized AMD miners, which I thought was related to windows AMD miners. But if that's a load of nonsense then I'll get on with it...

Cheers!

though i am pretty sure they are ccminer based only ( ccminer-spmod to be exact ) - as im unaware whether there is the amd optimized ones ...

#crysx

Sure, I don't like the performance of the official AMD miner.  I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for it.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Hey!

I have a few worlds to say about the wallet(Win7). It is great but I would like it even more if it would be shrinkable to a smaller layout. Especially the width.
An additional line showing average on the hashrate/diff charts would be nice.
The wallet prevents minning for some time when transferring coins from the wallet to another address(bittrex). It is not a big problem because I transfer coins rarely(unluckily Tongue) and it lasts for something like 1 minute(maybe less). I don't remember it happening with the old wallet but I'm not 100% sure about that. It could be a normal (expected) behavior waiting a new block to be found...

Those are just my (noobish)personal thoughts and don't want beeing counterproductive in any way.
Keep up the good work!

That's a great idea, making it shrink to different sizes (widget mode) like a mp3 player or something...

Thanks for your feedback, I will consider it for the next newwallet update.

PS, never heard about the bug you describe... can someone confirm this? or can you make a video showing it in action, dominuspro?

I'll try and recreate it too.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Hey!

I have a few worlds to say about the wallet(Win7). It is great but I would like it even more if it would be shrinkable to a smaller layout. Especially the width.
The wallet prevents minning for some time when transferring coins from the wallet to another address(bittrex). It is not a big problem because I transfer coins rarely(unluckily Tongue) and it lasts for something like 1 minute(maybe less). I don't remember it happening with the old wallet but I'm not 100% sure about that. It could be a normal (expected) behavior waiting a new block to be found...

Those are just my (noobish)personal thoughts and don't want beeing counterproductive in any way.
Keep up the good work!

That's a great idea, making it shrink to different sizes (widget mode) like a mp3 player or something...

Thanks for your feedback, I will consider it for the next newwallet update.

PS, never heard about the bug you describe... can someone confirm this? or can you make a video showing it in action, dominuspro?
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Hey!

Keep up the good work!

legendary

Nearly finished with the news/blog section.

In localhost it works, I just need to make some adjustments on the server.
(Will do so over the weekend)

Stay tuned.

great news ...

#crysx
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Nearly finished with the news/blog section.

In localhost it works, I just need to make some adjustments on the server.
(Will do so over the weekend)

Stay tuned.
legendary

My bad.

Cheers!

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

My bad.

Cheers!
legendary
Decentralize Everything

Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
if (nHeight > (int)getFirstHardforkBlock())

Should have read like this:
if (nHeight >= (int)getFirstHardforkBlock())

If the code says

then it must be read as

and NOTHING else.

You can't start reinterpreting things based on shoulda coulda woulda.

The whole confusion I had there for a minute was because the two forks use two different kinds of nHeight.
getFirstHardforkBlock uses pLastBlock->nHeight

while getSecondHardforkBlock works with  pindex->nHeight

Anyway, I should have just researched it 5 minutes longer before posting here, and I would have found the solution myself,
but then we wouldn't be having this nice discussion.  Smiley

You asked "why", did I not provide a legitimate reason why? If the ">="code change was implemented before 2200 for the fork @ 2200, then NONE of this convo would be happening. Yes, it's "what if's", but it's truth in this scenario.

Yes, it must be read like that if it's set in stone, but code is not stone. But I see you are treating it as such for this purpose. Okay.

Sorry, but "shoulda coulda woulda" and reinterpretation of code actually works. I helped another coin using this method so please don't invalidate that method of troubleshooting. My experience: "Shoulda added a fix when the fix came out (if we had seen it) and there woulda been a moving blockchain." Haha, but seriously. We implemented the "shoulda fix" and the coin runs fine now once other problems were taken care of. Smiley
legendary

legendary
spreadcoin.info

BTW...

did you abandon the Hashrate distribution chart at http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin/ ?

I am just asking. No problem if you don't want to run it anymore.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

If the code says

then it must be read as

and NOTHING else.

You can't start reinterpreting things based on shoulda coulda woulda.

The whole confusion I had there for a minute was because the two forks use two different kinds of nHeight.
getFirstHardforkBlock uses pLastBlock->nHeight

while getSecondHardforkBlock works with  pindex->nHeight

Anyway, I should have just researched it 5 minutes longer before posting here, and I would have found the solution myself,
but then we wouldn't be having this nice discussion.  Smiley
legendary
'......roughly 10% of the world's GDP will reside on the bitcoin blockchain by 2027. 10% of today's gdp is 7.5 trillion.....'

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-not-headed-toward-300000/

Guess we're gonna need a way to analyse all that data  Grin
legendary
Banks getting into the Blockchain in a big way - just funding a stupid idea for a 'permissioned ledger'

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/30/wall-street-is-embracing-bitcoin.html

Tim 'I hate Bitcoin' Swanson is now a research director at this new R3 company that the banks are funding to take a look into Blockchains.

http://www.ofnumbers.com/2015/09/29/designing-a-global-fabric-for-finance-g3f/

So?

Well, if Banks are getting into this, then there will be another 10,000 people inside firms and businesses that work on the existing supply chains, e.g lawyers, accountants, technology firms, recruitment agencies, etc., that will want to know how it impacts them and what they should be doing to get up to speed......so, we happen to have a plan to fulfill this educational requirement  Tongue
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Because this nHeight value has the _previous_ block height: https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2114

case1) current (verifing) block height: 2201, prev block height: 2200, not more than 2200 -> reward 66
case2) current (verifing) block height: 2202, prev block height: 2201, that's more than 2200 -> reward 6

I think you are right, thanks for pointing this out.  Wink

It is simpler.

Then this is right as an explanation (edit: with the current code):
case1) current block height: 2201, prev block height: 2200, not more than 2200 -> reward 66
case2) current block height: 2202, prev block height: 2201, that's more than 2200 -> reward 6

PoBN now? Wink
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Because this nHeight value has the _previous_ block height: https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2114

case1) current (verifing) block height: 2201, prev block height: 2200, not more than 2200 -> reward 66
case2) current (verifing) block height: 2202, prev block height: 2201, that's more than 2200 -> reward 6

I think you are right, thanks for pointing this out.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
And we change the protocol behaviour according to if we are greater than > getFirstHardforkBlock(), for example see here:
 https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1343
Code:

}

... then why did it take until block 2202 to come into full effect?  Huh

What caused that behaviour?

See blockexplorer (block 2200) : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/block.dws?2200.htm
See blockexplorer (block 2201) : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/block.dws?2201.htm ----> Blockreward still 66
See blockexplorer (block 2202) : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/block.dws?2202.htm ----> Finally!

Can someone explain why this can happen?
Why didn't it change at block 2201?

Jump to: