Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 8. (Read 20052 times)

Activity: 525
Merit: 510
As an investor in SpreadCoin it kind of worries me to see it has become such a mess, or am I seeing things the wrong way? And what's all the fuss about private pools, is it actually true?

Just wondering... Because what I'm reading in the various SpreadCoin topics doesn't really make me confident, unless it's nothing but FUD ofcourse.

Somebody that could explain and put some positivity back into this? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
d.  Multiple medium size farms switching to more profitable alts for awhile that are being pumped.

Exactly. This seems the most plausible explanation.

The lesson here is clear: Keep solo-mining, even if it seems unprofitable.
Because when the difficulty drops like this again, you are going to be happy about the extra SPR!

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I guess of could be about profitability switching scripts triggering in mass when there is a huge pump of another coin/pool.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
d.  Multiple medium size farms switching to more profitable alts for awhile that are being pumped.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

I don't like what I'm seeing. Is that a single farm owning that huge chunk of the net hashrate going down for a few hours?

I made mention of a 800+ mhash spike/drop 2-3 weeks ago on the original thread and was ignored.

This is either :

a- a pool
b- the non public kernel is many times more efficient than we are led to believe
c- a hashpower /minting/ difficulty exploit
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
DGB was pumped like +150% about that time, it is coming down now. I switch my little 10mh/s over to HamsterPool during that period. So could be quite a few like me doing that.
Activity: 198

I don't like what I'm seeing. Is that a single farm owning that huge chunk of the net hashrate going down for a few hours?

My guess is yes.  Since I noticed it this morning it would be virtually impossible for multiple miners across the world to make up that 1 gh/s jump all at once.  Doesn't freak me out though I just wish I had longer to mine under 3 gh/s LOL...

Agreed!
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

My guess is yes.  Since I noticed it this morning it would be virtually impossible for multiple miners across the world to make up that 1 gh/s jump all at once.  Doesn't freak me out though I just wish I had longer to mine under 3 gh/s LOL...
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Too much of fluctuation will not good.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

legendary
Wow - did anyone notice the hash rate drop below 3gh?  I woke up this morning to a hell of a lot more SPR...   Grin  I love those little SPRs

Yeah, noticed that too. Maybe the FUD got in the head of some big mining farmer. Or he found another coin to rape.
Well, anyway.... this is a good time to enter the solo-mining-business.  Smiley

LOL - agreed - my miners have not shut down in like 6 months so I just like the bonus of the lower hash rate.  I will take it as long as I can get it...

Damn it - one of the farms must have gone down last night and restarted this morning - back up to 3.94 gh/s.  :-(
legendary
spreadcoin.info
But If I was to have a slick GPU miner in that wallet that could light a fire under the 2 new smoking hot AMD or Nvidia crossfire cards in my "gaming rig"... That would be a wallet I'd be interested in installing because I could mine some change when I wasn't gaming, AND get benchmark and tweaking incentives that I could share and compare with my friends.

I'd want something like that... easy Cool

Bundling the mining software into spreadcoin shouldn't be much of a problem.
We can make the wallet communicate with sgminer running in the background without the need for any commandline tweaking.

The only problem might be that people will need to update to the newest catalyst driver versions etc...
Not sure we could or should control the installation and update of GPU drivers over the wallet.

Other than that, an in-wallet-GPU-miner is very possible, and I would love to see one.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I can't vote ? Do i need more posts to be able to see the vote button or sth ?  Huh

Anyways, i just noticed something...

WE ARE NOT ON WIKIPEDIA ! YET ! Bitcoin / Litecoin / Darkcoin are there, so are other major coins theres, even POTcoin is there . Its time to get started and list it there. I mentioned in IRC before to others, but i'm just a guy from the construction industry so my IT knowledge is very very limited, but i really do suggest that someone more knowledgeable write up a spreadcoin article there, because basically nowadays everyone google-fu for somethings first, then wikipedia it the next when the information offered isn't enough, else wikipedia links would also be at the first page of that google search, next thing they'd youtube it.

So since we have people working on the video, who is up to do some simple tech writing ?

Wikipedia has a guideline called the genereal notability guideline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability#General_notability_guideline

Over the past two years I have seen many altcoins starting a wikipedia site only to have it deleted a few weeks/months later.

Or look at darkcoin, they still have the general notability warning on their wiki site, threatening a deletion at some point in the future:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkcoin

OTOH, Mazacoin has reached all the notability it needs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MazaCoin
I guess that's because of the Max Keiser and Mashable interviews etc... that can be considered big press I guess...

I guess this is not the right time to create a spreadcoin wikipedia site yet. We need to first be more spread out over the internet:
More press, more blogs, more discussion, more services, more interviews... and then we will have all the necessary notability.
Spreadcoin is also very much "work in progress" and "under construction", so better wait until we have a finished product

Don't get me wrong, I think spreadcoin is very notable as it is, but I am sure that wikipedia will not agree.
But still: if someone wants to start a wikipedia site, I say go for it, we might keep it alive like darkcoin does.  Smiley
But it'll be a gamble.
legendary
Wow - did anyone notice the hash rate drop below 3gh?  I woke up this morning to a hell of a lot more SPR...   Grin  I love those little SPRs

Yeah, noticed that too. Maybe the FUD got in the head of some big mining farmer. Or he found another coin to rape.

LOL - agreed - my miners have not shut down in like 6 months so I just like the bonus of the lower hash rate.  I will take it as long as I can get it...
legendary
spreadcoin.info

legendary
spreadcoin.info
https://www.facebook.com/Spreadcoin

Feel free to like and share on facebook with friends.

Slick!
legendary
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
I'm going to invest heavily into this coin. Easily $10 per SPR in the next 6 months.

The longer we progress, the more I like it. I realize the price is still pretty volatile as it should be for a coin at this stage in development, but some very interesting and attractive attributes have shaken out of this project thus far.

I was attracted to, and began to mine this coin because it was developed from the DRK base which I respect, and I felt there would be value in the decentralization from the "no-pools" implementation. But as we progress, I am seeing things I hadn't even considered before, and I am liking the way this is shaking out more and more. Unless something changes, it seems these new ideas and operational implementations make this and future coins built on the same base a GPU miners dream.  

#1. No ASIC or FPGA capability as of yet. GPU miners don't have to compete with those guys.

#2. Limited CPU competition. a) CPU's currently mine slower than GPU's. b) Most consumers operate from 1 to 3 PC's (or laptops) with a single CPU each and maybe a GPU or two, rather than multi-GPU rigs purpose built for mining c) Since the only available CPU miner is included in the wallet, and according to this post from ocminer, there are apparently some limiting restrictions to VPS operators (and their industrial CPU's) that would normally be able run minerd, but are instead forced to install and run the wallet miner.

#3. No Botnets to deal with and limited competition from other, not so fair "free electricity/hardware" operators, as mentioned by girino...
botnets, VPS operators that steal processing power, sysdamins of several hundreds of machines that want to use their spare CPU time to mine, etc.
Another benefit of having the only available CPU miner included in the wallet.

#4. No Nicehash/MiningRigRental/LeaseRig support. Don't get me wrong, I love these services too if I am leasing my rigs to them for straight BTC payout, or if I am just trying to lease as much hash as I can afford alongside what I already have in order to mine something as fast as possible, difficulty be damned... But when trying to mine a specific coin long term (as I have been with SPR), it's been nice for a change, not having to compete against those services and their usual ability to employ the automated multi-algo profit switching support in sgminer 5 to focus so much available hash so quickly on whatever happens to be the "coin of the day" and pushing the difficulty higher than smaller GPU operators can contend with on their own. Yes, all GPU operators "could" in theory, manually focus all their hash at a given coin, and very well might over a 24 hour period. But I am sure the manual prospects of doing so (if only because of the timezone/day-night sleep cycle) would be much more gradual and less concentrated than the effects of a bunch of lease customers jumping on an algorithm, forcing its lease profitability up and triggering more automated machines from all over the world to switch over and be available to that algo, for lease to more customers jumping on the bandwagon... ad nauseum. Acting much like a sort of huge worldwide GPU and ASIC botnet, except being controlled by legitimate lease orders and automated profit switching rather than a botnet maestro.

Numbers 1-3 are extremely attractive to me as a small CPU/GPU operator, and the benefits from #4 seem to far out weigh the loss of not being able to lease more hash or in Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" mining. Wink All in all, a lot of definite positives for the CPU and GPU crowd. If it catches on, could there possibly be a GPU revival? One can only hope! Grin
I can't vote ? Do i need more posts to be able to see the vote button or sth ?  Huh

Anyways, i just noticed something...

WE ARE NOT ON WIKIPEDIA ! YET ! Bitcoin / Litecoin / Darkcoin are there, so are other major coins theres, even POTcoin is there . Its time to get started and list it there. I mentioned in IRC before to others, but i'm just a guy from the construction industry so my IT knowledge is very very limited, but i really do suggest that someone more knowledgeable write up a spreadcoin article there, because basically nowadays everyone google-fu for somethings first, then wikipedia it the next when the information offered isn't enough, else wikipedia links would also be at the first page of that google search, next thing they'd youtube it.

So since we have people working on the video, who is up to do some simple tech writing ?

Another good one!  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: