Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage - page 4. (Read 389670 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 17
July 11, 2019, 03:54:22 AM
hello everyone,

I start mining storj, what is the right start?

- I installed Storj Share v 7.3.4

It's OK? Are there constraints or particularities ?

Thank u in advance !  Wink
Activity: 762
Merit: 35
July 10, 2019, 06:23:05 PM
Devs, please read the complete tutorial for installing a Storj V3 node.
It is insanely complex mix of different tools, steps, settings, files, etc.

Even if I wanted to spend 2-3 hours researching which goes where,
after the first update when I have to do half of this will be enough
to loose patience.

Either simplify the process or provide a complete pre-made
Docker image with an integrated wizard  /script with minimal
user interaction. Otherwise it will be ages before adoption.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
July 10, 2019, 11:59:19 AM
STORJ is in a good buyzone and here STORJ can rebound nicely.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
July 05, 2019, 03:51:47 AM
Q2 2019 Storj Labs Town Hall

Storj Labs invites to join its next town hall on July 10, 2019. During this meeting, Storj Labs leaders will share updates on the V3 Beacon Alpha release, upcoming Beta releases, general development milestones, and the 2019/2020 roadmap. https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9CXpCNuCTQ6-VZaJRJgkFQ
BNO
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
June 25, 2019, 03:22:24 PM
This project is just pathetic. I started researching this 4 days ago and wanted to figure out whether to invest in MAID, SIA or STORJ.
in the  4 days it was not possible to get an answer to the simple question:

If customers can pay in USD why is it lucrative for Investors to invest in STORJ Coins

A good read about Payment in USD which was already live: https://safenetforum.org/t/storj-screws-their-ico-token-holders-big-time-by-accepting-direct-fiat-payments/12859/9

But what struck me is closed-door/avoid any criticism mentality of the project which in my view is a super indicator for projects you should stay away from.

In the 4 days it was not possible to register an account in their forum. You need admin approval to activate your account. That is something i found pretty strange to be honest, what is the admin checking. I type in a name and an email-adress, there is nothing great to approve to. I even tried it twice in the last days, because i could not believe it - didn't work. Then i went to their reddit and tried to ask my question which was around the lines Could someone explain me why one should hold STORJ tokens? It was nothing aggressive (i didn't even comment on the total wish-washy section in the whitepaper regarding this) just  the question, that since customers can pay in USD what is then the worth of the token. I don't exactly know how reddit works, since i am not to often there, but it seems that i got shadowbanned for this. At least no one can read that question, I just see it as grayed out. I must say never happened anything like in any reddit to me. I signed up in the SIA reddit too and posted about havinissues installing the client, and everything was just normal - no shadowbanning etc.

You can make up your own mind on this.
For me it is clear, what are the nice blue coloured graphics on the STORJ website worth, if the don't have an answer to the qeustion, why the token should hold value?? That is like the first question in Crypto, if you don't have an answer to this: GO HOME. Or in other words:

If a project sees in the question "What is your token good for?" a threat that needs to be censored - one should definitely not invest in it.

The irony that the project wants to be the censorship-resistant decentralized filestorage is just pure gold. )I trust amazon in a heartbeat more than i would trust this closed-doors, do-not-ask-anything-that-could-be-seen-critical project.

How does STORJ compare to SIA
Regarding SIA: the client has its bugs right now, but the dev team is hard as steel regarding tokenomics: No SIA no Service for customers, which makes the value proposition for SIA very clear.. Unlike STORJ which was premined, SIA runs actually a pow blockchain, storage providers are paid in SIA. So SIA is actually a decentralized storage solution and one NEEDS Sia to be able to use the service. Another huge problem with STORJ in my view is that it is pretty centralized: From the 425million coins in circulation 1 Entity the company holds 300 million!! And they give then the rewards out to deleopers (super decentralized /irony off) And they do sell on a regular basis to finance development. Of course this is pressing on the market driving price down (to the actual value 1 STORJ will have: 0).One problem for me with SIA on the other hand is that it is more tailored towards businesses that want to build a cloudservice for the actuall customers. So it is not that easy to use.

Fazit: When i started my research 4 days ago, i was totally open minded. I found decentralized storage an interesting niche and was looking for which project would make the best investment. In the beginning i was - just by feeling - leaning more towards STORJ - which changed drastically. Mainly due to this cult-like avoid criticism- culture, unclear why one should hold STORJ and that it is by construction pretty centralized. All huge red flags... So i still think about whether SIA is a good investment, but in STORJ i will definitely not invest.

Edit: i checked reddit again and my post was deleted.
BNO
Activity: 157
June 23, 2019, 08:03:31 PM
Why would someone hold STORJ tokens? I am asking myself this more and more.
As a customer to use their service you can pay in USD. So there is no need for this token then??

Is there a good writeup about the tokenomics of the Storj network?

Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
June 07, 2019, 09:19:56 AM
help
Scanning of exe-file has revealed TrojanDropper.Dapato.zby
I am hoping is a false positive ? or..

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/c882e904029d12f3a7a85ab47ac03707ecdc8ef8218d70331aa8b464bd05f7a7/detection

maybe, have Storj been hacked and developers do not know about it? ?

UPD.
So, Storj Support has contacted me.
They identified the infection as a false positive and wrote that the file should be safe to use.
Well that's good  Cheesy
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
How does this compete with Opacity (OPQ)?
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
It seems to me that BTT can become a very strong and dangerous competitor for Storj (and remain a strong competitor in the medium term) with their huge users base and high development rates, as well as ease of use BTT
(i mean ease use Torrent client)
Hard times may come for Storj  Cry
https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/1132949563268947969
Activity: 7
I was wondering what is pushing Storj prices this hard upwards. Last spike I just didn't notice considering pump because it was under long accumulation. But early this morning I did research and found out answer seeing last developer update. Once again it has become very active market with plenty of trading volume and this is good indicator.

For data storage the STORJ accepts payment in storj-coins. For the price to be competitive, a rate of the coin must be low. This is a problem for long-term investors.  Undecided

If your price for service is 100 storj. And rate of storj coin jump in 10x. what is problem to decrease price in storj to 10 coins for example to get same amount in usd?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
There is no free lunch in the this world and that's why it is said if you are offered something free of cost you are the price. These centralized storage solutions are good for non important contents storage but important needs to be handled seriously. That is the reason in spite of free cloud storage offers people still willing to pay for decentralized solutions. Storj isn't alone in this field as well there is growing competition so need to be update to remain in the game.
Activity: 129
Centralized file storages cost less for data storage than non-decentralized ones, such as Storj.
can you at least show us the data about the price comparation, of course decentralized has its on perks such as privacy and trustless system

In OneDrive you can get up to 1 Terabyte of free storage. And actually nowadays it's so cheap, there are a lot of centralised solutions which can sync all your files from all your devices in a free cloud.

OneDrive is 5 GB free & Office 365 Home free trial is for one month.

OneDrive Basic 5 GB
Storage only
Free

Office 365 Home
Premium OneDrive Features
$99.99/year
Try free for 1 month

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/plans/
https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?activetab=tab:primaryr1
Activity: 474
Merit: 263
Centralized file storages cost less for data storage than non-decentralized ones, such as Storj.
can you at least show us the data about the price comparation, of course decentralized has its on perks such as privacy and trustless system

In OneDrive you can get up to 1 Terabyte of free storage. And actually nowadays it's so cheap, there are a lot of centralised solutions which can sync all your files from all your devices in a free cloud.
Activity: 201
Activity: 62
Activity: 322
I was wondering what is pushing Storj prices this hard upwards. Last spike I just didn't notice considering pump because it was under long accumulation. But early this morning I did research and found out answer seeing last developer update. Once again it has become very active market with plenty of trading volume and this is good indicator.

For data storage the STORJ accepts payment in storj-coins. For the price to be competitive, a rate of the coin must be low. This is a problem for long-term investorsUndecided
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Storj V3 will be doing an alpha test for almost a year. I have not even received an invitation to V3. Work is moving very slowly.
Perhaps the market is not ready yet, it does not need this product, the price will be down again.

we can predict such an option. perhaps, this is one of those situations, where it is worth to wait. maybe, the changes, that will come, will be more enjoyable for us. for today many unexpected things can happen.
Storj today at Consensus 2019 at 2:00 PM.
https://twitter.com/storjproject/status/1128318433878204416
Pages:
Jump to: