Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage - page 62. (Read 389756 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
How's development/testing going? Is there a place beside slack where I can get informations from?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Even if you had 10K sjcx in the wallet, you would probably get much less than 100 coins per TB.. per month..
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Business models change. Its the mindset that stays
I wanted to test it as a farmer and a few days ago I went to the https://storj.io/share.html.

They say: "Earn money by sharing your hard drive space. Just download the Storj desktop application, and choose how much storage to share."
So I downloaded the Storj share client, selected the drive and put my counterwallet address from "My Account Balances" section.

Its been running some 24 hours now and my balance is Balance: 0 SJCX, 0 SJCT.
I expected a little tiny small digit appear somewhere as a small reward.

Why do they say "earn money" (or coins, whatever), then its clearly not true? Anyone? Any ideas?
The client says "STORJ SHARE IS RUNNING" btw:-)

Even if I had to buy 10.000 SJCX, how much SJCX will I get rewarded for each 1TB of disk space I provide to the network?

PS: Are there any providers that actually works now?
Thanks,
Su100
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Qihoo-360 and Rising are both Chinese antivirus that I've never heard of. Looks like a false positives to me.

Taking a look at some reviews for Rising:
http://download.cnet.com/Rising-Antivirus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10674783.html

Qihoo-360 was caught cheating in their antivirus tests:
http://vrworld.com/2015/05/04/qihoo-360-antivirus-cheating/
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
April 19, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
Many of companies need decentralized cloud starage. I'm working in IT industry so I know what I say. I'm beta tester and it works perfectly. After final release price skyrocket so it's good time to buy a lot.

yea i agree with this, i think MSPs would love this thing.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
April 14, 2016, 01:16:44 PM
Many of companies need decentralized cloud starage. I'm working in IT industry so I know what I say. I'm beta tester and it works perfectly. After final release price skyrocket so it's good time to buy a lot.
Thanks for testing with us!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
April 14, 2016, 08:25:26 AM
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
April 13, 2016, 09:28:14 AM
ahaha TB 2600 to 1000 the users, go to the bottom, you'd better hurry to show information on the test, otherwise all flee

Numbers are going down because people are switching to the new version of DriveShare called StorjFarmer GUI and storjfarm (CLI) Test group B is closed now. Join the storj community slack https://storj-inviter.herokuapp.com/  #driveshare channel and check #announcements for more info please.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
April 13, 2016, 12:50:35 AM
ahaha TB 2600 to 1000 the users, go to the bottom, you'd better hurry to show information on the test, otherwise all flee
Activity: 896
Merit: 515
April 12, 2016, 07:48:42 AM
omg 4-8 hours Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 373
April 10, 2016, 01:38:50 PM
Guys, anyone advise how to move storjx coins from exchange to counter wallet? I can see only BTC and XCP balances there and one address. Just tried to move 2 storjx coins to counterwallet and nothing happened apart that exhange states processing was finished. Cannot see storjxcoin balance on my counterwallet.

Thanks

Wait 1 day. It usually takes about 4-8hrs, sometimes more.

If after several hours you still cannot see the unconfirmed TX on blockscan.com (use the TX number listed in your polo withdrawal record) you should make a ticket on poloniex.freshdesk.com and ask them to resend the TX.
legendary
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
April 10, 2016, 01:34:53 PM
Guys, anyone advise how to move storjx coins from exchange to counter wallet? I can see only BTC and XCP balances there and one address. Just tried to move 2 storjx coins to counterwallet and nothing happened apart that exhange states processing was finished. Cannot see storjxcoin balance on my counterwallet.

Thanks

Wait 1 day. It usually takes about 4-8hrs, sometimes more.
M++
Activity: 342
April 10, 2016, 01:10:43 PM
I like the project I will buy some clearly under evaluated at least when you see some useless coin with a bigger marketcap O_O
 Grin
Activity: 7
April 10, 2016, 01:07:51 PM

Thanks
Activity: 4
April 10, 2016, 12:47:33 PM
I want to send SJCX to poloniex, but nothing is happening , after i type the adress of poloniex and press ok- nothing changes,please could someone help me and explain it please!? maybe it is locked, how to unlock? could someone screenshot the place where to press, thank you very much !  Smiley Huh Huh Embarrassed Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2016, 10:24:59 AM
I find this project interesting and with huge potential however i have few serious notifications, take it as an opinion (doubts) of "average random visitor" who listened about storj for the first time

1. The testing of the project is a little weird. Its almost closed for anybody except people who were just in at beginnings or bought in until current pump. Every testing should motivate to have the most participants but you do the right opposite.

2. Storj becomes known as "the coin with 10.000 coins barriere". Today its almost 1000USD  Shocked This is not the best impression.

3. There is no sign of any testing other way than testing only the one side - the side of storage providers. Hell yeah only motivated storage providers. I dont think the test phase contains enough variables to simulate at least most possible cases if not all of them. I dont think there is enough testing e. g. at customer side (load of server which is managing customers, database of deals, backup of these databases, customer support, tickets, complaints). Not the headers and cylinders of hard drives but the customers will decide this game.

4. The system where the exchange rate of currency will dictate the price of service itself cant work. Fixed coin cap cant serve variable number of customers. There will be only a lack of demand or lack of technical resources, i cant realize how you will ingraft the almost fixed price of competitive services onto variable exchange rate of currency and variable market estate. There are 3 different variables tried to be messed up into one price, this is cut-and-try economical engineering. If everyone will be speculating or gambling with the price there will be almost zero real users of service. If the price will be fair enough and there appear real users people will start to gamble with price which will become oppressive and nobody will really use the storjage.  Huh And last example - if the price will be ridiculously low, there appears big demand but nobody will be willing to provide his space so instead of price increase we will see unsatisfied demand.

1. Previous Test Group B is now over, wait for Test Group C to start which will have new rules and requirements, specifically regarding SJCX.

2. Storj had over 1500 testers, they didn't need 1 million because the backend could not support that. They are happy with the test results so far. See above for what's next.

3. The other side was not ready for testing until recently, if you saw Storj announcement yesterday they are ready to go with full scale testing. Mind you MetaDisk (now simply called Storj) is mainly for developers to build apps using the API. If you register on storj.io you'll be able to get an invite on a first come, first served basis. And you will be able to test uploads as a end user at https://app.storj.io.

4. SJCX will be used mainly for the backend (to reward storage providers) once the network goes live. The team has stated that end-users that upload files (again once live) using Storj will have options to pay for storage with whatever mean is best, and there will be options to use FIAT and CC. Also consider that anyone will be able to build their own front-ends to Storj and they will be free to accept anything they want for payment. Checkout storj.io for an estimate of the cost to store data on Storj.

Hope this helps.
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
April 09, 2016, 06:58:57 PM
I find this project interesting and with huge potential however i have few serious notifications, take it as an opinion (doubts) of "average random visitor" who listened about storj for the first time

1. The testing of the project is a little weird. Its almost closed for anybody except people who were just in at beginnings or bought in until current pump. Every testing should motivate to have the most participants but you do the right opposite.

2. Storj becomes known as "the coin with 10.000 coins barriere". Today its almost 1000USD  Shocked This is not the best impression.

3. There is no sign of any testing other way than testing only the one side - the side of storage providers. Hell yeah only motivated storage providers. I dont think the test phase contains enough variables to simulate at least most possible cases if not all of them. I dont think there is enough testing e. g. at customer side (load of server which is managing customers, database of deals, backup of these databases, customer support, tickets, complaints). Not the headers and cylinders of hard drives but the customers will decide this game.

4. The system where the exchange rate of currency will dictate the price of service itself cant work. Fixed coin cap cant serve variable number of customers. There will be only a lack of demand or lack of technical resources, i cant realize how you will ingraft the almost fixed price of competitive services onto variable exchange rate of currency and variable market estate. There are 3 different variables tried to be messed up into one price, this is cut-and-try economical engineering. If everyone will be speculating or gambling with the price there will be almost zero real users of service. If the price will be fair enough and there appear real users people will start to gamble with price which will become oppressive and nobody will really use the storjage.  Huh And last example - if the price will be ridiculously low, there appears big demand but nobody will be willing to provide his space so instead of price increase we will see unsatisfied demand.
legendary
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
April 09, 2016, 04:38:25 PM
There are 49,518,143 SJCX in circulation and 500 000 000 in total. Where are these coins? Burnt? Or still "mineable"? Hold by devs?

https://storj.io/faq.html

Currently Storj Labs is distributing some of the remaining funds as rewards to the farmers that participate in beta testing. See https://driveshare.org/rewards.html  The latest rewards have already been calculated and posted for review, they will be distributed in the coming days.

Yeah, but that´s not much compared with the ~450 000 000. It´s a little bit like Ripple, isn´t it?
Pages:
Jump to: