Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] StrongHands - Hybrid PoS/PoW Min Stake - 30 days - page 62. (Read 79734 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Just noticed this commit from Oct 13, 2015 https://github.com/stronghands/stronghands/commit/19a0ab446f5d2912c1e4005788857a9b0a6779da
and no announcements made.
Code:
-    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 12000 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year 
+    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 1200 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year
Dev, do you realize it's a hardfork and you have to build new binaries and get everyone updated before the first stake?  Shocked

hmm i see i need to recopile the mac wallet.
can someone remind me in a day or two if i havent posted it yet Cheesy

hmm how long til stakes? do i have a day or two.. i just noticed the dates are getting older

You still have a few days (ANN of SHND was Sept 28, so it hasn't been 30 days yet), but the sooner the better of course for the benefit of the Mac users out there. Thanks in advance for your efforts! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
Just noticed this commit from Oct 13, 2015 https://github.com/stronghands/stronghands/commit/19a0ab446f5d2912c1e4005788857a9b0a6779da
Code:
-    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 12000 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year 
+    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 1200 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year
Dev, do you realize it's a hardfork and you have to build new binaries and get everyone updated before the first stake?  Shocked

hmm how long til stakes? do i have a day or two.. i just noticed the dates are getting older

Says right in the OP: "PoS - min stake age - 30 days"
so, 30 days (1 month), then it will stake.

pah.. you going to make me work out what block 30 days is meant to be .. ? ?  ? ? ?

oh crypto life is so hard ....

edit : generally 30 days is based on ideal block times, not on actual real time ...
--==--==

meanwhile                
heres a new mac qt.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5j8d4FSc7drR3JPOE9lTWE1T2s
Activity: 103
Code:
-    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 12000 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year 
+    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 1200 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year
Dev, do you realize it's a hardfork and you have to build new binaries and get everyone updated before the first stake?  Shocked

Says right in the OP: "PoS - min stake age - 30 days"
so, 30 days (1 month), then it will stake.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
Code:

Activity: 69
anyone is trying to promote this coin on social media? so it would grab traders attention and get listed on exchanges.

Yes, and an IRC channel with coin rain once in a while would be great too.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
anyone is trying to promote this coin on social media? so it would grab traders attention and get listed on exchanges.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
StrongHand face palm

legendary
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Is this coin for people with strong hands? But not many around  Cool

thats the hilarity and beauty of this coin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Trade or Dyer
Is this coin for people with strong hands? But not many around  Cool
What would be the best way to stake SHND?

Is it like SPRTS where it's best put all coins into BIG blocks to increase staking speed after coin maturity is reached?

Sometimes it is good to split amounts in your wallet but I don't know if this is the case.

Indeed.  Dev, could you please help us understand how to stake StrongHands optimally?  Is it just like Sprouts using big blocks?

Having did a quick exam of the codebase it looks to be just like sprouts.

Thanks Defaced!
legendary
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

Is it like SPRTS where it's best put all coins into BIG blocks to increase staking speed after coin maturity is reached?

Sometimes it is good to split amounts in your wallet but I don't know if this is the case.

Indeed.  Dev, could you please help us understand how to stake StrongHands optimally?  Is it just like Sprouts using big blocks?

Having did a quick exam of the codebase it looks to be just like sprouts.

Activity: 70
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Yea I know its a hardfork except the right now everyone is fine until the first stake. Someone with strong hands better get that windows compile up before then.

Compiled windows wallet and sent pm with link to dev

Nice work, nikl. 

Hope to download the new compiled wallet soon. And thanks to the dev for fixing the stake rate in the source code.

Activity: 635
Yea I know its a hardfork except the right now everyone is fine until the first stake. Someone with strong hands better get that windows compile up before then.

Compiled windows wallet and sent pm with link to dev
Activity: 564
Merit: 516

I am willing to help the dev here in support of community by offering some trbo for this.
Activity: 70
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
Code:
-    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 12000 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year 
+    static int64 nRewardCoinYear = 1200 * CENT;  // creation amount per coin-year
Dev, do you realize it's a hardfork and you have to build new binaries and get everyone updated before the first stake?  Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: