Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 48. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Why do you ask? Don't you want to use exchanges?

Not sure what you mean here.

Given that it's all integrated, I'm not sure why you're asking. What's the downside?

I'm wondering if SuperNET can be used without a centralized/distributed service like Coinomat or MGW.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Given that it's all integrated, I'm not sure why you're asking. What's the downside?
legendary

legendary
a unique feature of supernet requires that unique feature to work,

But your question specifically i read as "do the unique features need only mgw or coinomat to work" no, unique features are independent of supernets other features

Coinomat is a unique feature, so you select coinomat if you wish to use it

mgw is a unique feature, so you select mgw if you wish to use it

Pangea poker is a unique feature, so you select pangea poker if you wish to use it

Opal drive is a unique feature, so you select opal drive if you wish to use it

Instantdex is a unique feature, so you select instantdex if you wish to use it

NeoDice is a unique feature, so you select neodice if you wish to use it

Etc

I see.  So I can use Pangea Poker, Opal Drive, InstantDEX, or NeoDice without using either Coinomat or MGW?
Activity: 882
correct.

and there are many more features then I listed as well.

Plus some of the features are revenue sharing with supernet, so when you  use them through supernet wallet, unity holders gain revenue.
legendary

But your question specifically i read as "do the unique features need only mgw or coinomat to work" no, unique features are independent of supernets other features

Pangea poker is a unique feature, so you select pangea poker if you wish to use it

Etc

I see.  So I can use Pangea Poker, Opal Drive, InstantDEX, or NeoDice without using either Coinomat or MGW?

Etc
legendary
Yes, supernet works without  mgw or coinomat.

It still has basic wallet functions. Ie: you can send and receive, bitstar, you can send receive bitcoindark, etc

But the unique features of SuperNET require Coinomat or MGW?
Yes, supernet works without  mgw or coinomat.

It still has basic wallet functions. Ie: you can send and receive, bitstar, you can send receive bitcoindark, etc
legendary
SuperNET is built on Nxt. The SuperNET wallet is basically a pimped Nxt wallet.
MGW forms an important part of SuperNET, since it's part of the exchange system.

Can SuperNET's exchange system be used without MGW?

Good question. Yes and no Smiley
SuperNET is not just one thing. So there are different exchange services and elements within it. You can use the Coinomat instant exchange plugin, for example, which obviously doesn't use MGW. It's centralised, but very fast and effective. If you want a distributed exchange that's not subject to the kind of problems BTER periodically experiences, MGW is the way to go. InstantDEX involves MGW (I think, I'm still getting my head around the exact relationship between them, even after James drew a graphic).
Ultimately, for all the behind-the-scenes magic, SuperNET's native InstantDEX/MGW will be used.

So maybe SuperNET requires using either Coinomat or InstantDEX?  I know InstantDEX can use coins in a centralized exchange instead of using MGW.

InstantDEX will have hybrid order books, which will allow you to gain the best price from a range of exchanges. SuperNET's native exchange is the distributed MGW.

I'm still not clear on if SuperNET can be used without a centralized/distributed service like Coinomat or MGW.  Please chime in if you know.
legendary
MGW forms an important part of SuperNET, since it's part of the exchange system.

SuperNET is not just one thing. So there are different exchange services and elements within it. You can use the Coinomat instant exchange plugin, for example, which obviously doesn't use MGW. It's centralised, but very fast and effective. If you want a distributed exchange that's not subject to the kind of problems BTER periodically experiences, MGW is the way to go. InstantDEX involves MGW (I think, I'm still getting my head around the exact relationship between them, even after James drew a graphic).
Ultimately, for all the behind-the-scenes magic, SuperNET's native InstantDEX/MGW will be used.

So maybe SuperNET requires using either Coinomat or InstantDEX?  I know InstantDEX can use coins in a centralized exchange instead of using MGW.

InstantDEX will have hybrid order books, which will allow you to gain the best price from a range of exchanges. SuperNET's native exchange is the distributed MGW.
legendary

So maybe SuperNET requires using either Coinomat or InstantDEX?  I know InstantDEX can use coins in a centralized exchange instead of using MGW.
legendary

legendary

legendary
legendary
Can't anyone answer those two very basic questions?  Will SuperNET run on NXT and will it require using MGW?  Doesn't seem out of line.

I think the answer you are looking for is some of supernet uses nxt to run. And mgw is optional.

If you dl the jay lite client you'll notice an advanced setting. Advanced takes you to what appears to be a regular nxt wallet. Supernet wallet could be thought of as some extra features of nxt but there are features that dont use nxt. Mgw is a feature you select so id imagine it is optional.

Someone more knowlegeable jump in here if im off base.

Can anyone confirm that SuperNET functions without MGW and without NXT?
legendary
Can't anyone answer those two very basic questions?  Will SuperNET run on NXT and will it require using MGW?  Doesn't seem out of line.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I'm trying to understand SuperNET a little better.  It will run on NXT?  Does it require using MGW?

Please look at the https://forum.thesupernet.org/.
At the same participated in the super net slack. It is in progress in real time.

I NAV of super net assets do not know well but, UNITY is still seems inert.
legendary
^^^ This is not Etherum. Dev is not paid.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I'm trying to understand SuperNET a little better.  It will run on NXT?  Does it require using MGW?
http://s30.postimg.org/3jz0ejl1d/giphy.gif
Pages:
Jump to: