Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD] - page 29. (Read 139875 times)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
NOTE: People who are not interested in the SWARM itself should still remember that SWARM is essentially campaigning for Bitcoin financial freedoms. So if that is something you support, then looking into Swarm may not be such a bad idea anyway.
Activity: 386
did the goldenticket thing. heard noting since. vote yes/no where and for what ?

Did you get an email from Swarm?
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
did the goldenticket thing. heard noting since. vote yes/no where and for what ?

Voted NO.

Hello, smaragda. I know you've had some thoughtful exchanges on here about the vote and funding. Can you explain why you voted "NO"?

I am inclined to vote "YES," for three reasons.

1. They are only at 32% of their Round 1 fundraising goal, and to push it to 100% for this round will take some work. I just don't think there will be much investor capital lying around after that for Swarm to go after, so Round 2 could involve a lot of work with very little payoff.

2. Building a product with Round 1 funds will do a lot for investor confidence, and even if the product is quite streamlined, it will enable people to begin using the system. This by itself will drive subsequent investment, and make Round 2 fundraising much easier.

3. Bitcoin price looks to be on the upswing, potentially to new all time highs (at least according to a lot of fundamental and technical analysts). The 4500 btc (Round 1 target) may soon be worth quite a bit more than the 2.8 million$ - its current value.

I would like to hear your thoughts on these points, and any others that bear on this vote.

Anyone else, please feel free to comment as well.  
Activity: 309
Swarm

Voted NO.

Thanks. I'm curious to see how people will vote.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
You can import one particular asset when importing funds in counterwallet without sweeping the entire balance of the address

Import fund / from another address, after entering the privkey you'll have a list of the assets to choose from.

Yep, I know, however is there a way to import portion of the asset?

That would make for an intersting product, but no I don't think that exists yet.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
You can import one particular asset when importing funds in counterwallet without sweeping the entire balance of the address

Import fund / from another address, after entering the privkey you'll have a list of the assets to choose from.

Yep, I know, however is there a way to import portion of the asset?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

As I have the golden tickets in a blockchain account, any way to import the priv key to counterwallet (rather then sweeping the funds)?

Imoprt fund / from another address, after entering the privkey you'll have a list of the assets to choose from.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

As I have the golden tickets in a blockchain account, any way to import the priv key to counterwallet (rather then sweeping the funds)?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Swarmed mentioned on the New York Times the Economist:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2014/07/bitcoin-and-startup-financing
I had a ~121 gold tickets. Sent an amount between 0.00000001 and 0.99999999 to the goldticket address... then watched it become 30 goldticket? is this counterparty bugging out on me or is this supposed to happen (i noticed the goldticket is "callable")

This is a known bug in Counterwallet's balance display (reported earlier today). The problem isn't with Counterparty: your funds are safe. We're looking into fixing the problem right now.

Thanks. That's good to know. I lost more than half of the GOLDTICKETs I had prior to the send.

Dang! Looks like you got it fixed already. You guys are awesome!
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
BTS: merockstar420
I had a ~121 gold tickets. Sent an amount between 0.00000001 and 0.99999999 to the goldticket address... then watched it become 30 goldticket? is this counterparty bugging out on me or is this supposed to happen (i noticed the goldticket is "callable")

This is a known bug in Counterwallet's balance display (reported earlier today). The problem isn't with Counterparty: your funds are safe. We're looking into fixing the problem right now.

cool. appreciate the prompt response.

just realized that I have a bad habit of thinking of counterparty and counterwallet as the same thing.

Thanks. That's good to know. I lost more than half of the GOLDTICKETs I had prior to the send.
Activity: 476
Merit: 300
Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
BTS: merockstar420

Some hostile Comments in the Economist. Seems that people are quick to disparage whatever does not fit in with the given paradigm. Well, economists are not known for their fertile imaginations.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Excellent news coverage !
Activity: 309
Swarm

OK...  now we're getting somewhere.  I believe it's in Swarm's best interest that the community be well informed about potential differences between the proposal and the initial...

Agree.

Here's an article on the vote in CoinTelegraph

Pages:
Jump to: