Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256 - page 26. (Read 148371 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
We're working on giving ownership of the coin to a large web development company to take over. That said we WILL remain on as part of the new leadership team. Once we have more information, which we are told will be Monday, I will let everyone know what's going on.

You have already worked out a new concept?

anyway, it's amazing how quickly you were able to calm and  continue to develop TAK

When we pulled the plug on everything we never meant to leave people in the dark, we had to for legal protection. You can imagine the kind of panic we were in. With Edie Windsor's backing pulled we were very scared of having issues with Mr. Takei

That said both groups were extremely nice about the whole thing and we're happy we can move forward from it.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
We're working on giving ownership of the coin to a large web development company to take over. That said we WILL remain on as part of the new leadership team. Once we have more information, which we are told will be Monday, I will let everyone know what's going on.

You have already worked out a new concept?

anyway, it's amazing how quickly you were able to calm and  continue to develop TAK
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
Mintpal -- (maybe you were looking at cryptsy - most coins are still at mintpal)

Buy :

0.00000180    560031.59043466    1.00805686
0.00000161    12855.42741443    0.02069724
0.00000160    77737.83764753    0.12438054
0.00000150    167496.64769512    0.25124497
0.00000141   416315.24982030   0.58700450
0.00000129   111111.00000000   0.14333319
0.00000128   111111.00000000   0.14222208
0.00000127   50000.00000000   0.06350000
0.00000123   432400.00000000   0.53185200
0.00000122   982612.10000000   1.19878677

Sell :

0.00000185   4607.97485942   0.00852475
0.00000187   4607.97485942   0.00861691
0.00000189   4784.05028116   0.00904185
0.00000190    10905.51211208    0.02072047
0.00000198    2610.00000000    0.00516780
0.00000199   70985.82818081   0.14126179
0.00000200   10145.11772559   0.02029022
0.00000212   50000.00000000   0.10600000

Verrryyy interrrrestting.

legendary
Just FYI... crazy whale has been buying TAK before the rebrand. And now he is buying it like crazy again.

Don't think it matters what this coin does. As long as it's running and has a name this guy is pretty serious about buying it.

I know you have all seen the same thing I have on the order book and buys.

-- anyways - glad to see rebrand is going. I bought some at the same price as that crazy ass whale.

Should be fun!

nope. he bought  a lot at 94-120 and now sell it with sellwall at 160-180.

Maybe that is what you saw. I saw 4 BTC buy wall at 180 1 hour ago. And people sold into it until it was gone.
Last night I saw constant buying from 100-160 every time all night.

Oh ya.. considering how messed up yesterday was i would not be surprised at people begging to sell to him at 160-180.
I am sure that will continue for awhile. But at some point... one day maybe soon - MOON.

I think the big guy was caught offguard by the problems yesterday and now he's in deep at 600-800 satoshi for thousands.
So he has to make it way past that to make $. Either that or he tries to get out at break even.

Up to you. I put a small bet down.
Activity: 159
Just FYI... crazy whale has been buying TAK before the rebrand. And now he is buying it like crazy again.

Don't think it matters what this coin does. As long as it's running and has a name this guy is pretty serious about buying it.

-- anyways - glad to see rebrand is going. I bought some at the same price as that crazy ass whale.

Should be fun!

nope. he bought  a lot at 94-120 and now sell it with sellwall at 160-180.

I started doing the same thing a little later, but managed to acquire enough)
legendary

Should be fun!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Mine is a new account and I understand I don't have any weight here in writing/telling anyone anything. But I had been watching this coin closely.

@TakeiCoin Your coin (any alt for that matter) is like your startup. Don't abandon it like this. This might be your only chance to make a difference.

It's okay if George is not on board. It's rather premature to contact him without doing any good work. You have done a great job by making pools give away .1%. George will come around when he see people are able to make a positive contribution through this project. Reconsider about transitioning to another team. This project has public faces and that stands it out from other alts.
Rebranding has begun, we will always keep everyone updated on every aspect of this transition. I suggest following the twitter for more up to date changes. The website may end up with a different address but the twitter will be transferred to the new owners when everything is ready to move.

https://twitter.com/TAKcoin
Activity: 5
" You can try to call the branding itself a scam if you please..."

It's the branding I'm upset with...I love the idea behind the coin.  We were continuously promised that George would be behind this coin...that is the issue I have with it.

The cause is great...I hope it moves forward...but I suggest you do it with a new coin.

Guys that's like releasing a Donald trump coin without his approval, are you all INSANE.  This was a scam from the beginning they know and everyone knows they can get sued.  Allot of people fell for this scam.. This is just bad bad bad

The powers of hindsight are strong in this one. You must think that you are the only person with the ability to assess the risks and consequences of using a celebrity image and name. You must think that the dev said, "Let's arbitrarily use George Takei's name and face for this project without any indication that it's ok to do. Then we'll tell everyone that he's really on board, when he's not. There's no way things can go wrong."

Well let me shine some light on the situation, oh Master of Thought and Mind. Permission was given to move forward in exactly the way the dev moved forward. Not only that, he kept everyone well informed of exactly where they were in the process. Was he hopeful and positive about the direction that things were going? Of course, but he never guaranteed anyone that anything was locked down. It was always hopeful optimism, not lies or scams.

Not only that, building a coin has so many different moving parts, especially this one because it involved educating high profile celebrities on the ABC's of virtual currency. Right now the world thinks virtual currency is for money laundering, funding terrorism, and get rich quick computer nerds. What TakeiCoin was trying to do, in bringing altcoins to the mainstream masses by attaching a great cause and a potential champion/endorser to it, was a monumental task. The people involved just got cold feet and backed out.

What this person tried to do should be applauded, not poo-pooed. You wait and see, when every corporation ends up having their own virtual currency and they have celebrity sponsors, and charities, and everything else this dev tried to do pretty much all by himself. I think you'll appreciate his efforts a little more when the little guy will have no chance at making a niche for themselves in this space.

I followed TAK from the very beginning. I had never invested in any virtual currency. I had never invested in ANYTHING before, but I fully supported this project and believed in the developer. He personally told me to only invest what I was willing to lose. He didn't say, "Ride with me and I'll take you to the Promised Land." So I bought 2.75 BTC when it was at $800 (which for some may be nothing, but for me is a BIG deal). By the time it hit my account BTC was at $600 and change. I used it to buy up about 282k TAK. Then BTC dropped down to the $500's. I nearly pooped my pants. Today, I still have 282k TAK. I sold nothing, and I was an "insider". In fact, I was inside the insiders. I'm the dev's brother. I knew about the bad news before the announcement was made. Before the bottom fell out. I'm pretty sure if the intention was to "pump and dump" I'd be sitting on a nice little profit right now instead of $170 worth of TAK.

So before you start Monday morning quarterbacking this venture, and screaming "Scam! Scam!" like lunatic rabble with torches and pitchforks, you should try getting your facts straight and open your mind up to the possibility that in business, things don't always go your way. There's no such thing as a sure thing, and when things do go wrong, it's not always because there's some evil mastermind behind them. Sometimes, behind the scenes of failed business ventures, there are some very nice, genuinely good people, who have never, and wouldn't ever, in a million years, try to swindle anyone.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 551
We're going to be working today to see about passing the torch to new devs and they can do what they will about a rebranding. That way people still have their coins and everything can move forward. Furthermore the donation wallet is still in tact and will be passed to the next devs as well for their first donation.

Thanks for the good news, I've just restart mining TAKs. Thinking of buying a bunch of TAKs when it hits 80 satoshis Grin
We're going to be working today to see about passing the torch to new devs and they can do what they will about a rebranding. That way people still have their coins and everything can move forward. Furthermore the donation wallet is still in tact and will be passed to the next devs as well for their first donation.
Activity: 54

Better sell your Murraycoins while your at it...
Activity: 238
My vote still goes for TakeA as in Take Action, since it's simple but powerful and doesn't have words like "project" or "initiative" or "takei".
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
Hello
So I spent the better half of last night working on updating our project to reflect the name of Takeicoin. As I've mentioned in some other posts - my friends and I are looking to take over this project and re-brand the image of Takeicoin moving forward.

Please keep in mind this is just a rough draft - the idea would go as follows;

We pronounce the coin Tak- and the letter E.

Takei would actually be the logo/mascot of our brand. We have been working on some design concepts for what Takei would look like but we have pretty much narrowed it down to what we would like to have going forward.

The brand itself is The Takei Project - our primary goal is to raise awareness of charitable animal organizations around the world.

We are going to have a kickass website! I myself work for a webdesign agency that does some really high quality work. I'll be leveraging that resource to make a website that will not only will talk about our project/Takeicoin itself but the site will also have an e-commerce store tied in where you can buy Takei merchandise. We already have a supplier in mind with some good product to sell (Takei jewelry, T-shirt etc - all with our mascot on it)  and with every $1 spent in our e-commerce store - we donate $.25 to any charity of the buyer's choosing around the world.

Also, going back to The Takei Project. In helping raise awareness for charities around the world. If they sign up with our team (which is 100% free) we will add their story to our website - and every month one charity will win $5,000 donation in the form of Takei coin.
We are also going to match any donation up to X%. The idea would be if you or someone you knew was already going to donate say $100 to the Animal Humane Society and they donate with Takeicoin - we will happily donate an additional $2-3 to that same organization.

--------------------------

That was kind sketch of our idea. We have had this idea for awhile - and we've been raising some capital to get this idea off the ground. As of yesterday we were just planning on creating our own coin - but after seeing the team just quit on Takeicoin yesterday I figured - why not just take over this coin. The way I look at it, the soul has died but the body is still warm. People are mining it, its on exchanges - its developed. So my hope is to buy everything from the previous team and get this website up and running. From there we will just spend most our time getting PR for the project/coin.
Activity: 168
VOTE FOR TAKEICOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy

How about 'TakeCoin' - as in we 'Take your coin.' No copyright issues there  Grin
Activity: 168
i dont get it, who is buying this now for 100? isn't it likely to drop to like 10 in the next 24 hours? if not lower?

even if it gets rebranded, who would jump on board to mine and promote this if there are already some giant bag holders who will just dump their stashes as soon as the value is back up a little? they would just be helping out recuperating the losses of the big takei bag holders. not many people will do that. a relaunch/rebrand of a coin would only work if the coin never got any attention/high hashrates before. just think a little, most investors here are solely here to make money, noone wants to pay for the losses of other people. there might be 10 or 20 giant bag holders of takei who want to keep this coin alive for obvious reasons, but it simply won't work, exactly the same happened with many other coins already.

what i am wondering now is are there new/fresh people buying up takei for 100-150 right now, or is it the giant bag holders trying to pump up the value desperately? either way, this looks kind of sad to me. but i do get it - its simply not that easy to accept a loss and move on.

Personally I'm not holding any bags. I've been buying at 100 and then selling at 130/150/180 since late last evening. I doubled my money  Grin

I agree that it's possible a big drop is coming. It did hit 51 at one point. Just have your sell order (stop loss style) in and if it does drop - you can get out in time.

It seems obvious to me a simple 'rebrand' to TakCoin is all that's needed. Remove the 'celebrity' and move on. The coin is already on major exchanges and it people's wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Price would go around 400-350 in midweek
Pages:
Jump to: