Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Tigercoin - TGC | SHA256 with Super Random Blocks | Please Upgrade to V1.1 - page 23. (Read 105695 times)

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
I'm dropping 30 GH/s out of the network, I'll keep the client on however and I may mine when the reward drops...
Eligius is still not working! I'll mine a few extra tigercoins I guess, most likely I'll donate them to a faucet if anyone springs up!

Is anyone making a faucet? I'd be happy to contribute 10k-15k Tigercoins for a faucet.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I AM A DRAGON
Nice t see some devs witth balls make sha coins again, scrypt was getting old
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Tigercoin VS Elephantcoin  .. Grin
Life is a taxable event
Version 1.1 is released. ** This is a mandatory update **

Please upgrade to 1.1 within 24 hours (before block 4000, now we are at block 1893, target blocks 1 day=1920 blocks - so we have about a day to upgrade to V1.1).

The version 1.1:

(a) Fixed the issue with random superblocks
(b) Added more checkpoints.

Links at OP for downloading windows client and source are updated.

I tested the fix, the random numbers work fine with the fix.

I personally updated very quickly...

I want to know what happens to the people who don't, 24 hours is a very small amount of time
I bet there will be quite a few miners and many more normal users who won't see this in time...

What would happen in that case?

those who did not upgrade will create their own forked chain. If most people upgraded, the forked chain by old version will become orphans and be rejected by the network. On the other hand, if most people did not upgrade, then the chain created by the new version will become orphans, and the upgrade will fail. That's why everyone (especially the pool) should upgrade so we make sure the new version dominates.

I'm thrilled! I wonder if I'll lose any coins, I upgraded very quickly but still mined a few blocks after the announcement!

No, you won't lose anything. The only possible fork point is at block=4001, anything before it will stay the same and won't be affected. V1.0 or V1.1 before block 4001 are exactly the same, it won't create any fork. So don't worry.

As long as you upgrade before block 4000 (would be in about 24 hrs), you have no problem. If you don't upgrade after block 4000, then what you mine after block 4000 will likely be orphaned (assume most people upgraded).

We should all pay extra attention in the following days then... Just a few mistakes by pool operators might create forks...

In that case I propose we get two tigercoins, Rename the fork to LOLCAT coin and ask the OP to write a client for it!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Please upgrade to 1.1 within 24 hours (before block 4000, now we are at block 1893, target blocks 1 day=1920 blocks - so we have about a day to upgrade to V1.1).

The version 1.1:

I want to know what happens to the people who don't, 24 hours is a very small amount of time
I bet there will be quite a few miners and many more normal users who won't see this in time...

those who did not upgrade will create their own forked chain. If most people upgraded, the forked chain by old version will become orphans and be rejected by the network. On the other hand, if most people did not upgrade, then the chain created by the new version will become orphans, and the upgrade will fail. That's why everyone (especially the pool) should upgrade so we make sure the new version dominates.

I'm thrilled! I wonder if I'll lose any coins, I upgraded very quickly but still mined a few blocks after the announcement!

No, you won't lose anything. The only possible fork point is at block=4001, anything before it will stay the same and won't be affected. V1.0 or V1.1 before block 4001 are exactly the same, it won't create any fork. So don't worry.

As long as you upgrade before block 4000 (would be in about 24 hrs), you have no problem. If you don't upgrade after block 4000, then what you mine after block 4000 will likely be orphaned (assume most people upgraded).
Life is a taxable event

The version 1.1:

The version 1.1:

Life is a taxable event

The version 1.1:

Life is a taxable event
I think there was a difficulty drop...

I really like this coin because it is as fast as Zetacoin.... I wish the OP had given it a small edge over Zeta in confirmation speed.

I like speed, this along with zeta are good to use for online transactions...

How safe would it be if only 1 confirmation was used for IRL purchases? What would the chance of a double spend be?
Third parties can always jump at the risk for a small fee anyway....
Activity: 392
tPM62ncXsmRrixUBL62m1acQ9WqU7kunNF

but you will not see on the pool anymore  Grin

Please post your settings otherwise I'll have to call shenanigans  Tongue
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
hohooooo, just got a block, see!  Grin
tPM62ncXsmRrixUBL62m1acQ9WqU7kunNF

but you will not see on the pool anymore  Grin
japool is 100% reject, that's super stupid pool. back to solo mining  Cool

what is your address?
what miner, port and settings were you using?

I have been getting shares since since I opened the p2pool and I am using 4 USB Erupters.

Date                           Amount
2013-09-07T18:47:19   1.28
2013-09-07T18:31:45   15.62820382
2013-09-07T18:25:21   15.62820382
2013-09-07T18:21:11   19.51728037
2013-09-07T14:49:48   13.1746545
2013-09-07T14:42:09   19.57678729
2013-09-07T14:33:10   12.27531054
2013-09-07T14:15:28   73.33170219
2013-09-07T14:10:40   89.47426285
Total                           1181.07058548
japool is 100% reject, that's super stupid pool. back to solo mining  Cool
Life is a taxable event
I just updated!

I want to find a superblock, I'll stay here until I find one and I'll post it... (I'll be very proud)
Now we need someone to create a super block tracker Wink
Yes the 2nd is a superblock. The "Generation" says what is the minted coins, others are transactions.
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
Block 75 looks like a superblock (the Generation transaction is the important one to look at).  The other one is a standard block with a couple of transactions (Tigers sent from one address to another) contained within it.
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
New pool lauched. Smiley

Come find the Tigers in TreasureQuarry's new p2pool for Tigercoin at  available at http://tigercoin.treasurequarry.com:14377/

Uses Tigercoin Version 1.1 to ensure those Giant Tigers (superblocks) are shared out to miners when they come after block 4000.

Low 1.5% fee.  Reliable server based in Dallas, USA.

Use a unique Tigercoin address from your Tigercoin wallet on your PC as your username, and anything as your password.

The pool should be considered experimental currently until the blocks start coming through.

Happy mining at TreasureQuarry! Smiley

is it up? it says not responding...

Ack - I posted too early.  Sorry about that - I'll see if I can fix it.

Updated - nope, not having any luck getting it to work.  Sorry folks. Please enjoy mining the tigers elsewhere.
Pages:
Jump to: