Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Tigercoin - TGC | SHA256 with Super Random Blocks | Please Upgrade to V1.1 - page 26. (Read 105695 times)

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
I am mining this coin until eligius gets its stats back up.....For a few more hours or up until I have hit many blocks and found no superblock....

I like quick confirming coins, maybe they can be used for OTC purchases where speed is important....
I wouldn't want to buy a burger with bitcoins and then wait for 1 hour to eat it... 3 minutes is much more reasonable...

For online transactions 1 hour isn't too bad though...

I'll report any super-block finds, I'll probably get one!
(Stats are back up on eligius... I'll stay here for a little while longer, I want to get a superblock!)

I disagree with the 3 day double bonus....Maybe there should be a system where 50% of the first week's mining goes automatically to faucet addresses.... That's how the double bonus would make sense...

Or instead of faucets a giveaway where people would post that they are interested in the coin and why, quick review, then gift of coin....

I'll give 256 Tigercoins to the next person who asks for them in this format in this thread

(If I don't miss the post  Wink )
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

this is the boost include path, it does not find the header file for random numbers. You need put something for BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH in your makefile, such as
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/boost_1_53 wherever you installed the boost.

Ahh makes sense.. I installed libboost via apt-get install libboost-all-dev; as per the build instructions in the bitcoin documentation. Haven't a clue what the path would be, haven't had any luck finding it yet but thank you for getting me on the right track. While I'm clearly pretty noobish to compiling things on my own, I avoid anything pre-compiled when it comes to alt-coins, and they only provided windows binarys at any rate. Is this an indication the published sources were not tested in a linux environment? Which would further cause me to suggest caution suspecting this coins dev only works from windows? Either the problem is unique to my situation, or I'm over analysing causes for my problems with it.. Either way, I think I'm done playing with it until the dev can release something which compiles the same as every other alt coin I've used, or provides some clear instructions on what I need to do differently and why.

Thanks for the help dreamhouse
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

create an obj dir under src may help, then compile again. I saw a few coin code checked in without this dir, while it is needed for the compilation (it will be an empty dir anyway even if it is checked in, as you will need to create obj files in compilation).

Nice call, didn't think just the presence of the directory, even if empty would matter.. +1 GuruPNTS for you!

Further, but still not a success.. now have

Code:
main.cpp:20:53: fatal error: boost/random/uniform_int_distribution.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Ideas? This is beyond me.. should /boost be in /src as well?

this is the boost include path, it does not find the header file for random numbers. You need put something for BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH in your makefile, such as
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/boost_1_53 wherever you installed the boost.

create an obj dir under src may help, then compile again. I saw a few coin code checked in without this dir, while it is needed for the compilation (it will be an empty dir anyway even if it is checked in, as you will need to create obj files in compilation).

Nice call, didn't think just the presence of the directory, even if empty would matter.. +1 GuruPNTS for you!

Further, but still not a success.. now have

Code:
main.cpp:20:53: fatal error: boost/random/uniform_int_distribution.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Ideas? This is beyond me.. should /boost be in /src as well?
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
Anyone been able to compile from source on an Intel platform with Ubuntu / simular? I keep running into errors trying myself, but don't know enough to find the issue.

Edit - two issues found so far,

/src/leveldb/build_detect_platform  has permissions set incorrectly, chmod 755 fixes this..

compiling still fails, apparently the entire directory of /src/obj/* is missing entirely from the posted source. Substituting that directory from another coin source allows compiling to complete, but the finished product takes attributes from the substituted coin's code.. :/ don't think I can fix that without proper source code being posted

Anyone been able to compile from source on an Intel platform with Ubuntu / simular? I keep running into errors trying myself, but don't know enough to find the issue.

Edit - two issues found so far,

/src/leveldb/build_detect_platform  has permissions set incorrectly, chmod 755 fixes this..

compiling still fails, apparently the entire directory of /src/obj/* is missing entirely from the posted source. Substituting that directory from another coin source allows compiling to complete, but the finished product takes attributes from the substituted coin's code.. :/ don't think I can fix that without proper source code being posted
Activity: 658
Need a mining pool now, small potatoes like myself with 5 USB erupters don't get much at this diff ...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Cant find shit Cap'n...
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
5 blocks already, no super block.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Wow difficulty is already 920?
Was 187 when I started mining

anyone had a superblock ?

With the huge SHA256 hash power by ASICs, there are clearly some instamining.
Life is a taxable event
[img]http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-
How to Solo Mining

1. Start up tigercoin-qt, wait for it to load, then exit.
2. Put tigercoin.conf (see sample file above) in your c:/users/**yourcomputername**/AppData/Roaming/Tigercoin
3. restart tigercoin-qt, and you should connect and sync.
4. For solo mining, launch cgminer or the mining program you use and begin mining.
      cgminer ex: cgminer.exe -o localhost:15661 -u **yourusername** -p **password** (without **)

Misspell error caught!

How to solo mining should be how to solo Mine....

This coin has been debunked!
Just kidding xD
Life is a taxable event
How quickly does a transaction confirm in this coin as compared to bitcoin?

I know NBC is X4 Zetacoin is X20..... I'm too bored to do the simple math, is it 4 transactions at 45 seconds each, so 160+20, 3 minutes to confirm? If so then it is just as fast as Zetacoin.....

I like fast transactions!
I figure an hour or two can't hurt too much, lol.
legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
Is it worth throwing 14GH/s at it?...
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
and still no blocks....feel free to donate some TGC: t7bmTaKahQMyZ974NykXzsMpid94fVSDyc    Grin
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
difficulty has gone from 1127.32317486 down to 809.72937264
Activity: 532
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
Life is a taxable event
Do I have to input an address to receive the blocks while solo mining?

How do they find their way to my wallet?

I'm such an ultranoob!
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Website

tigercoin.info (under construction)

another coin launched with website under construction status... a site that may never come... big problem with a lot of alts is they all say they are gonna make all these stores and websites to support their coin.... then we wait as we mine... and get nothing.... not an impressive launch...

This coin was launched two hours ago. Unless you have Nostradamus on speed dial, your argument is invalid.
Pages:
Jump to: