Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TRC|PPC|FRC] vPool.us - 1% fee, PPLNS - scam alert- - page 5. (Read 14687 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I don't think it's a scam, though I did thought so at first.
2 days ago I started mining for 16 hours with ~330Mah/s and it shows I need to get paid for 2.1 PPC when confirmed, I immediatly switched to coinotron, but I just entered my profile and it shows that half of my shares are accounted for (some still waits confirmations) and my balance is 5.33790279 PPC..

So I don't know, maybe the estimated PPC is wayyy off, but it does eventually gives you the coins at the end?
Well that's what I said before, the round cutoff is non-existant and acts as 1 big round so its proportional pay per  share pool giving estimates of pplns. Its not working correctly, but should pay roughly the same.

But the pool operator prefers to not acknowledge the problem and call us, what, troublemakers or something? That's reason enough for me to not mine there even if its not a scam.

Its not our first day mining. If everyone says there is a problem and you say there is none, you should definitely reconsider.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
2 days ago I started mining for 16 hours with ~330Mah/s and it shows I need to get paid for 2.1 PPC when confirmed, I immediatly switched to coinotron, but I just entered my profile and it shows that half of my shares are accounted for (some still waits confirmations) and my balance is 5.33790279 PPC..

So I don't know, maybe the estimated PPC is wayyy off, but it does eventually gives you the coins at the end?

What did it actually send to your wallet? What was displayed on the page and what it actually sent me were very different

I actually didn't send it to my wallet yet.. good point, I'll send it and report back.

EDIT:

Alright, so it took about 40minutes for me to get 5.332903 PPC to my wallet, I think it's fine?
Activity: 28

What did it actually send to your wallet? What was displayed on the page and what it actually sent me were very different
Activity: 17

Activity: 40
NEWS:

Terracoin daemon updated.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
If you have problem with trc.vpool.us:2053, we present ppc80.vpool.us:80 ...

I think should be trc80.vpool.us?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I am also pretty sure stiff owns the pool or is affiliated with it somehow, so his opinion isn't relevant (his posting history is almost entirely about vpool)
also BTC-E, Coinotron and Bitparking. May be mtgox too?  Grin
No comments for brawlers.

Can you address our concerns or are you just going to call us names and try to scam more people?

people have raised legitimate concerns (like me, I haven't called you a scam or anything, I said rounds don't work as they should, and they don't), and that's your answer? Maybe now I should call it a scam.
Activity: 535
brawlers? ill try the other trc server

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
If others can post their experiences that could be great. So far it feels like a scam or just poorly put together

I am also pretty sure stiff owns the pool or is affiliated with it somehow, so his opinion isn't relevant (his posting history is almost entirely about vpool)

It looks that way.  Stay away from this pool.  IT has SCAM written all over it.

IMHO of course.
Well, OP is a Russian (just saying), claims vpool is being hosted on the Amazon cloud, and it's actually listed as hosted in Switzerland if you do a traceroute.
Activity: 1036
scam pool is scam BEWARE  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
I go down to my basement tonight for some RAM upgrades, and its really cool (temperature). I know something is up. I log into my rigs, and they're at half the hashrate they're supposed to be for averages. I see I am getting constant pool disconnections. Sorry, this pool isn't for me. Admin, you gotta fix your shit. You probably cost me in the area of $150 because my miners were not 100% active all night. Also, I am not seeing any rewards for mining during this period. We found TWO blocks, but I am not seeing any indication what my reward is anywhere.
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
I'm getting very high reject levels mining PPC on vPool, 5-10%. I don't get that with Coinotron, and didn't get it with bitparking either.
If others can post their experiences that could be great. So far it feels like a scam or just poorly put together

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
can you please offer PPS with a not-greedy fee?
http://ppc.vpool.us/about

PPLNS is not for pool hoppers. Share difficulty has been change and block rewards too, thus and so "Estimated Per Payout" is variable.

The pool has been stuck in the same round forever and proportionally pays per share per block because the rounds aren't configured properly. I know how PPLNS works. This pool doesn't work how it should. Being PPLNS, theoretically, since my shares were half of total of the pool, I should of gotten 1/2 of the reward during the round (although I shouldn't exactly have had those shares because if a round cutoff was present it would have been different).

Either way.... I got a grand total of 160ppc for mining 12hours with hash rates that should give me 3000ppc per 24hours. I don't know where the other ppc went considering I had more shares than everyone else combined and and 3 blocks were found.
Pages:
Jump to: