Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX - page 4. (Read 71599 times)

legendary
Activity: 967
Merit: 1002
That seems like A LOT of POS I'd have thought 0.6% was nearer the mark?

Given where it had got to when the blockchain stopped, what will that mean in terms of total coins?
I think 0.6% pos just makes no sense in a crypto world, even daily volatility for almost any coin is higher than that.
60% annual is somewhere around the minimum to attract pos community to the coin.
Block 536698 shows 337 mil moneysupply but the actual amount is unclear as it's almost one year old, probably many wallets got lost/deleted.

BTW, I'm finishing with block explorer and going to build a final wallet version, release is coming very soon, within 24 hours or so Smiley
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
That seems like A LOT of POS I'd have thought 0.6% was nearer the mark?

Given where it had got to when the blockchain stopped, what will that mean in terms of total coins?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Sweet, cant wait to get this one back up and running
legendary
Hey Noise, when I saw this was your coin, I wanted in. I tried downloading the latest windows wallet on OP, and its dead link. Is it still minable? I didnt see any exchanges listed on OP. Is it listed anywhere? 100% POS with 5-7 day min stake age is good. Also I know youve got truck coin, any other coins you are dev for (other thank tek). I know you helped with Gamecredits too. Thanks.

Vegas

Currently V blockchain is not moving, the coin is in hibernation state Smiley

It wasn't my coin, the original dev abandoned it and the wallet had a nasty error in the code so everything fell apart.
The last known block is 536698 dated Aug 15, 2014.

I'd like to give it a new life, blockchain will be started from the point where it stuck ten months ago.

I think the final specs will be: PoW - SHA256, 2V per block, 60 sec block target. PoS - flat 60% annual, 200V max per block.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Hey Noise, when I saw this was your coin, I wanted in. I tried downloading the latest windows wallet on OP, and its dead link. Is it still minable? I didnt see any exchanges listed on OP. Is it listed anywhere? 100% POS with 5-7 day min stake age is good. Also I know youve got truck coin, any other coins you are dev for (other thank tek). I know you helped with Gamecredits too. Thanks.

Vegas
legendary
The release is coming soon! I hope next week Smiley

legendary
Heya's

Good to read there might be some recovery here, is Version2 still moving along?

also

Is there currently anyway to sync the old 0.8.9.9 wallet?, I've not had a wallet installed for a while and after a recent format i decided to use a wallet backup which seems to list my transactions and such just no balance which i figured (with my little knowledge of how wallets work) that i just need to get up to the latest block. but i dont seem to connect to anything for this download to happen and even going through all the extra nodes listed on the previous few pages of this thread i dont connect to anything just Method not found (code -32601) continuously.

Thanks

It's not possible to sync with wallet 0.8.9.9 - there are no live nodes and even if they were it would lead to the wrong fork.
Please wait for the new wallet release, hope to put it up soon but I still have to run some tests and make a few final changes to the code.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Heya's

Good to read there might be some recovery here, is Version2 still moving along?

also

Is there currently anyway to sync the old 0.8.9.9 wallet?, I've not had a wallet installed for a while and after a recent format i decided to use a wallet backup which seems to list my transactions and such just no balance which i figured (with my little knowledge of how wallets work) that i just need to get up to the latest block. but i dont seem to connect to anything for this download to happen and even going through all the extra nodes listed on the previous few pages of this thread i dont connect to anything just Method not found (code -32601) continuously.

Thanks
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
i think 60% per year should be enough!

for the pow rate i think 2V/60sec block

total money supply depends on how many have deleted their wallet.dat  Grin

i think 100/150 mil @ max
legendary
lol, I was looking into my hard drive and found version coin wallet.
it was there abandoned.
will the old coins be transferred to the new wallet?
any updates?

Yes, all old coins will be available, just keep your old wallet.dat Smiley

Currently I'm busy with some other stuff so V development going slow but hope to finish it soon.

I think it would be good to increase POS interest rate to attract some new investors.
Not sure about the exact number though. In my opinion 60% per year would be good. Or maybe 100+%, what do you guys think?
And about POW rate, 1V / 60 sec block or more?
I'm wondering what is the current real total moneysupply for V - blockchain shows a huge 300+ mil but most probably a lot of coins were lost/deleted as the blockchain is almost 200 days old.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
lol, I was looking into my hard drive and found version coin wallet.
it was there abandoned.
will the old coins be transferred to the new wallet?
any updates?
Activity: 511
Merit: 500
Hempire Loading...
sweet, I was hoping this would be something some day...I loved the paper wallet design, looked like someone actually spent some time geeking out on it, which is what makes this community awesome.

By the way, it would be very cool if that were up and running again.

Also...if this gets going again...I would target getting listed onto shapeshift.io after cryptsy and bter and the like.
any ETA?
I hope to release the new wallet within 2-3 weeks.
Old wallet code is a mess and very outdated, took more time than i expected.
Mostly finished but need to do some more testing before release.

Awesome News!!!

Thank You so Much!!!
legendary
any ETA?
I hope to release the new wallet within 2-3 weeks.
Old wallet code is a mess and very outdated, took more time than i expected.
Mostly finished but need to do some more testing before release.
restored!

now i am ready for V2
Good news, everyone!  Wink

Version will be back, working on a new wallet.
Will be started from the block 536698 (2014-08-15 12:34:13 UTC).
http://version2.org/

LoL i  have deleted my client and address.dat....
Do you still have a backup of wallet.dat ?

I'll try to recover the files from a past disk backup
legendary

Do you still have a backup of wallet.dat ?

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: