Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 98. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250
so masternode basically wants to
1. kill Via/ XCH and
2.  organize refund/ buyout.

1 is easy. Congratulations. Good job.
2 is ridiculous. There is no way to do this. No just way. Why to refund ICO investors? Some people bought at 60k sat levels in the open market. Some are buying now below ICO level. And what about XCH?

I never intended it as refunds to only ICO investors.  If it came off that way, it was a miscommunication.  It should just be a coin swap.  Simply BTC for ANY VIA turned over.  

The only real expense Drak has had in this project is Peter Todd at $4k per month.  Gryn San (I believe that's his name), was hired to repay a debt he had with Drak, and never really an expense.  Other costs are minimal, other than one or two trips I think, one where he went to london and met with the Dark Wallet guys and Amir Taaki and invested 20 BTC into their project.  It's debatable whether or not that should be a VIA expense.  Regardless, 600 coins at todays value is roughly $175k (which assumes he made the absurdly poor decision of keeping operating funds in BTC this entire time).  If he initially converted them to cash, which would be the sensible thing for any project to do with operating funds, then it's obviously much more BTC that he should be holding.  

I can't see any way that he has spent over $8k per month (for 8 months) keeping this operational.  A very fair number shows that at min. he should have around $110k in operating funds left which doesn't include the XCH raise, which should leave at very least around 390 BTC of the original 600 raised (and even more if he converted BTC to cash at the start).  Again, I don't think that should go to the ICO holders, rather distributed amongst all current VIA holders.  And obviously XCH holders should be able to redeem their XCH for VIA and then into BTC.

These are very acurate numbers.  Again, I'd like to hear if there are any additional figures that aren't included, which is why we should ask Drak to be totally transparent.  

Activity: 614
Merit: 254
1. kill Via/ XCH and

2 is ridiculous. There is no way to do this. No just way. Why to refund ICO investors? Some people bought at 60k sat levels in the open market. Some are buying now below ICO level. And what about XCH?

I bought @41000 satoshi  Shocked and now trying to decide dump or not
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
The slogan is perfectly fine as it is. Cryptocurrencies' adoption will remain "the future" for many years still. It is, by far, the least of Viacoin's many problems.

There's ONE POSITIVE NOTE: Drak is currently reaching out in what could amount to a real effort to get this project steered out in the right direction. It is, at this point, a gigantic undertaking with the slimmest chance of success but it could mean, finally, the right approach and attitude on his part. And since what Viacoin needs is basically money and he is the only one who can provide it, if that changes means that he will be willing to make a major investment in the project, things could still turn out to end up on the positive.

He is already taking way too long in making the decisions needed to rally the troops, so to speak. No doubt he is taking into consideration others' opinions, which is both needed and quite positive. Since time is of essence, hopefully his "memo to the VIA community" will be coming very, very soon. Let's wait a while and then see and comment, shall we?
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
At work a very sheltered staff member once suggested that we rip up the main road outside and replace it with fresh tarmac to make it easier to walk on with high heels.
I think all you people talking about a slogan change are like her.
Are you going to suggest a new logo next?
 Tongue

#outsidethebox
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
1. kill Via/ XCH and

Option 2 is dellusional. Via remained above the initial 6k price for almost 8 months so how is it possible for any ICO buyer to have lost money when they had literally 8 months to take profits?!!! LOL!
Even just the suggesting you can "wind down" a coin shows he has no real understanding of the blockchain... Wasn't that the whole point of bitcoin to be antifragile and robust against centralized control? So long as viacoin is secure, the coin will live on, hopefully without idiots like masternode on board.
Activity: 249
1. kill Via/ XCH and

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Buy a gun!
Viacoin, a successful ICO.

Viacoin, all roads lead to BTC.

I'm of course kidding.
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Buy a gun!
Viacoin, a Bitcoin experiment.
legendary
Activity: 1064
i really hate the slogan 'the future of digital currency.' it sounds pompous. even worse the future is 'always coming' sort of like the progress in this project so far.

I'd have no problem with a different slogan. Why not lead a brain storming session?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
VIA - Very Important Asset. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
i really hate the slogan 'the future of digital currency.' it sounds pompous. even worse the future is 'always coming' sort of like the progress in this project so far.

So write a better one, and let community vote on it.

A few suggestions :

Money and more.

Viable payments..Clear books

A faster better alternative
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Patience is a virtue. I would prefer seeing drak online, instead investing in projects with fancy promises and newbie developers who will be most likely gone weeks after they launch. It is the people who are giving value to the coins. Maybe if some of you are large VIA holders you can think about doing something instead whining about the price. I believe that VIA will be back on track... at least it deserves more than some beans, paycoins or blackdarkbit bs...

Agree..  Just contact and attention is most important.

There is nothing more required than adoption. That only comes from publicity (once technicals are sound, and someone is there to attend coding when needed)
Activity: 280
legendary
@FAILCommunity
Patience is a virtue. I would prefer seeing drak online, instead investing in projects with fancy promises and newbie developers who will be most likely gone weeks after they launch. It is the people who are giving value to the coins. Maybe if some of you are large VIA holders you can think about doing something instead whining about the price. I believe that VIA will be back on track... at least it deserves more than some beans, paycoins or blackdarkbit bs...
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
At least Drak is responding that is positive.

His ideas are great but crypto world is changing fast. Its not enough to hope people under what you doing.

These days need to communicate and deliver on projects.

Both those above have not happened for a long time. Which means if this project is going to survive alot more work has to go into it showing the commitment.

Alot of good ideas go no where if you can't execute them. Right now VIA/XCH is a good idea...
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Better wait for drak's response instead spreading more fud. I will repeat that imho things are currently not looking good at all, but it's not the end of the world. My personal opinion is that marketing team should be gathered ato work on VIA's adoption. Current price can be doubled with less than 5 BTC, buying support started to show again little by little. Adoption is the key to success... features sometimes take a lot of time and lately people are kinda impatient.

Maybe it's Drak himself buying back cheap.  Grin

I kid, I kid...  hehehehe.
legendary
Activity: 1554
cold hard reality always sets in after some time with these 'coin projects.' without targeting a specific market its almost impossible to find users. you cant just go after the whole world and expect to gain traction.
So true. And this is not talked about enough, in a broader sense. The expectation gap is huge with these so-called 'projects', and initiated with way too much blind hope, in the minds of the dev/s and the so-called investors.
Its often the case the dev/s with initial good intentions, try to back away slowly when their naivety is realised, with the reality they that they do not posses the qualities and skills to be persistently progressive with their 'projects' piggy-banks.

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
cold hard reality always sets in after some time with these 'coin projects.' without targeting a specific market its almost impossible to find users. you cant just go after the whole world and expect to gain traction.

Of course that you can and I can even say it is a must. How do you think some people such as billionaires and actors succeeded? Do you think that their investments/auditions were always success? You can't expect to receive attention from the entire world, but you can have some percentage of it. This could be more than enough. Think big...

Sure.  But it's not happenning for VIA at the moment.
legendary
@FAILCommunity

Of course that you can and I can even say it is a must. How do you think some people such as billionaires and actors succeeded? Do you think that their investments/auditions were always success? You can't expect to receive attention from the entire world, but you can have some percentage of it. This could be more than enough. Think big...
Activity: 280
Pages:
Jump to: