Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info - page 13. (Read 759182 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

- Whitecoin pool (chunky)

As you might have noticed, chunky has already been removed from the openings post for a while now. Not putting it back before i know the ins and outs about what's going on there.

No, it's not removed Wink

Arrgg. I was sure that i deleted it Sad I guess someone had to put a backup back of the ANN, the pool came back in the post aswell.
Anyway deleted it for the second time now. thanks CryptoMan
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

- Whitecoin pool (chunky)

As you might have noticed, chunky has already been removed from the openings post for a while now. Not putting it back before i know the ins and outs about what's going on there.

No, it's not removed Wink
Activity: 237
Hey guys, anyone experience problems with MP not excepting 2FA key  Huh

Right now I cant log in on MintPal, displaying 2FA error   Sad

I just logged in with no problems...
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC
Hey guys, anyone experience problems with MP not excepting 2FA key  Huh

Right now I cant log in on MintPal, displaying 2FA error   Sad
Activity: 483
is it RIP Chunkypools?

started with backend issues with no payouts... went to bad gateways to the pools and now the site is down all together...

anybody know whats going on there?

Sad

I think after this weekend it will work again.

yeah i'm hoping so, it is very much the 'wait and see what happens when mogonzo returns'.. it has been a rapid and steady state of decay since his departure

what happened to him?

From my understanding he is still around, however for a president of a coin not to come by and post a message in a month is a little disrespectful.

Yeah he's on some form of holiday or so i'm told. I feel where you're coming from WNW.

Hey all, Just wan't to inform you that i have been talking with mogonzo a few days ago on Skype, he told me he is fully back at the start of september.
At the moment he is busy with his holiday and some personal stuff. I'm not gonna tell the personal stuff part, that has to come from himself.

He is still asking updates on Skype from time to time, so he is not AWOL with the team.

cool cool, thanks for the info oizo. It will be good to get the momentum back up again and hopefully make the KUT plan come together in to a reality.
Activity: 210
is it RIP Chunkypools?

started with backend issues with no payouts... went to bad gateways to the pools and now the site is down all together...

Sad

yeah i'm hoping so, it is very much the 'wait and see what happens when mogonzo returns'.. it has been a rapid and steady state of decay since his departure

what happened to him?

From my understanding he is still around, however for a president of a coin not to come by and post a message in a month is a little disrespectful.

Yeah he's on some form of holiday or so i'm told. I feel where you're coming from WNW.

Hey all, Just wan't to inform you that i have been talking with mogonzo a few days ago on Skype, he told me he is fully back at the start of september.
At the moment he is busy with his holiday and some personal stuff. I'm not gonna tell the personal stuff part, that has to come from himself.

He is still asking updates on Skype from time to time, so he is not AWOL with the team.

is it RIP Chunkypools?

Sad

what happened to him?

Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
is it RIP Chunkypools?

Sad

what happened to him?

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
is it RIP Chunkypools?

Sad

what happened to him?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Just found out I still hold some WC.
I am so surprised to enter here and see all this activity...
Maybe my coins will be worth something one day Smiley
is it RIP Chunkypools?

Sad

Activity: 600
Merit: 501
is it RIP Chunkypools?

Sad

is it RIP Chunkypools?

Sad
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Had a few people ask about the new wallet, here's a bump for them!

NEW WALLET RELEASE ! v1.1.0.0

Hello Guys,

I can finally bring you a new version of the wallet ! It has been long overdue but here we are after many days of
frustrating bug fixes. We bring you v1.1.0.0 of the WhiteCoin wallet!

What has been changed in this release?
  • Complete new redesign of the wallet (hope you like it otherwise blame me)
  • Multilanguage, thanks to all the translators !
  • Detailed explanation under "Help" on how to enable TOR
  • Built in block-explorer
  • Network statistics
  • Better summary page
  • Complete audit and investigation of the source code, making sure no errors have been left by the previous
    developers.
  • Removed the "clone" label with a unique wallet
  • Some general bug fixes.

So with that thrown on the table let me tell you what's our next step:

Thanks to the generous donations and fund raising on the new ideas and projects we are gonna start with the #1 on the list. "Known User Transactions". currently this is still under heavy discussion on how we are gonna handle things and
build it in. But as we speak we are already working on it. A further roadmap will be released once the complete team is 100% back on track.
There is still much to be done on the UI, but we are willing to release smaller wallet updates faster than you have been used from us.

Known User Transactions in short:
Your wallet would be certified by a trusted third-party entity that has established authenticity of your identify based on information that would normally be deemed too confidential to provide to a point-to-point entity. Along the same concept has acquiring an SSL Certification for your Web Site whereas you have public and private keys. Thus, when transacting business peer-to-peer, identity is established without either party needing to question the trust relationship. Shair has holdings via DandyID, so conceptually may work in and around that type of service where you actually have a third-party entity to broker and administer that relationship in the coin (and could extend to other coins as a value). many possibilities exist within this framework, but balance decentraliziation with any new feature is always a tough challenge.

We have had many questions about where mogonzo is at. well he is still onboard and i speak to him a few times a week. He will be fully commited to WC again at the start of September.

And that's not all, i just received a message from Jason (Shair.com) that they will announce some extra developments next week!

Feel free to ask questions on IRC on Freenode #whitecoinfoundation.

Activity: 140
now stable over 50 sat, i made a little support Smiley , dont dump this coin pls.

Hi, where is ur support? On Mintpal?

Thanks for ur info.
FYI:

This forum here==> http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=131

May be worth taking a look at.  Having WC added would be  Grin

Register > Post > and get your name in a raffle for 2500 WC.  Will be raffled off in IRC 8/27/14 @ 11am PST

The winner this round is TWOR!

Lets get in contact so i can send you the 2500 WC!

Wow, nice Smiley

Was it fair draw?

Tip me at the IRC when we meet there, i will spread 1500 between ppl on IRC and donate 1000WC than Smiley

Im going also write another post there later today.

Generous guy the tw0r Cheesy

You got it, next time we are both in IRC i'll make the transfer!
Activity: 678
now stable over 50 sat, i made a little support Smiley , dont dump this coin pls.
Activity: 600
FYI:

Register > Post > and get your name in a raffle for 2500 WC.  Will be raffled off in IRC 8/27/14 @ 11am PST

Wow, nice Smiley

Was it fair draw?

Tip me at the IRC when we meet there, i will spread 1500 between ppl on IRC and donate 1000WC than Smiley

Im going also write another post there later today.

Generous guy the tw0r Cheesy
FYI:

Register > Post > and get your name in a raffle for 2500 WC.  Will be raffled off in IRC 8/27/14 @ 11am PST

Activity: 237
to jarnold:

Hi there,

it looks rly interesting what you wrote but I have also a question:

* 60% distributed to 3 participants (this may be extended to more than this amount, still to be completely determined by our PoS minin algo) based upon an algorithm we would deploy - 60% #1, 25% #2, 15% #3 (the amounts of payouts is used as an example)

Why only 3 participants? Its like a game - if you win you have 60, 25 or 15%, you lose you have nothing from "your part of staking"?
Shouldnt be better to spread it out between all the ppl interested in this and "gave you" 150, 300, 450 k...?

If there will be not 10 but 100 participants, you have high possibility to take nothing for months/years...

Maybe i understand that wrong?

Thanks

TW0R

Thanks for all the great questions, I have added these questions below with our reply:

> You mention "social exchange", does this mean that you would be interested in furthering this type of development with a direct integration into the wallet?  Can you let us know anything on this?
-->   This is something we have been considering and are considering a direct integtration into the wallet provided security, costs and development efforts warrant

> Does this negate the "Known User Transaction" discussions or is this in addition to this?
-->   Not a chance, this is in addition to KUT!

> When you say "#1, #2, #3 spots" are you only going to payout to three spots?  If not, how many?
-->   This was an example, we are looking for community feedback for this aspect of payout

> 30days to become eligible, what happens if my WC deposit has been made in between your payouts, how long would I have to wait (or is this still a discussion point)?
-->   If your deposit is made between payout periods, you would need to wait until you reach eligibility therefore once you reach 30days, you would be eligible for the next payout period

> Why only 3 participants? Its like a game - if you win you have 60, 25 or 15%, you lose you have nothing from "your part of staking"?  Shouldnt be better to spread it out between all the ppl interested in this and "gave you" 150, 300, 450 k...?

-->   It can be this way where equally the staking is shared, thought it would be fun to allot more based upon an algo with less receiving however, it does simplify things if everyone gets payout accordingly

> If there will be not 10 but 100 participants, you have high possibility to take nothing for months/years...
-->   No, we would make it so that the number of payouts would be allocated to every participant over x period of time with a maximum period to receive, your suggestion of equal payouts based upon the number of participants is much easier to do, just not as large a payout opportunity exists if done this way.

Any other questions/feedback just let us know so that we can determine if the community would like to participate in the PoS mining pool, allow access to WC from outside of crypto, cold storage service in addition to keeping WC out of the hands of the manipulators!

Jason, I like it...!  Best case scenario it proves to do something we all desire for the coin, and that is to add community, involvement and ultimately value.  Worst case scenario, it proves to not be as effective and we get our WC back.   This is a new and novel concept, so trying it out is going to be the best way to test it.  I'm in!

I would like to know more about how the conversation on KUT (I like the new acronym by the way) are progressing.  If I had a critique about the WCF...I would like to see more transparency on the development so the community/investors could be kept updated.  I think the conversations that would come out of that would keep interest high and continue to demonstrate the high level of community involvement that would attract further investment. 
Pages:
Jump to: