Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] - Which exchange should leonArdo support next? - page 3. (Read 3505 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
That's exactly what I see as a problem, if I'm wrong please explain why but in the sometimes fast moving trading world of crypto an automatic system re-automating failed orders could be more harmful than beneficial IMO.

OK cheers, so if I understand correctly orders can get matched in real time because of the way it interacts with cryptsy even if users of the site can't?

I would put it this way: When you place the order via leonArdo in times when there is a lot of lag at the exchange, leonArdo automates the 
"check if the order did go through and if not resubmit the order" process.

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008
OK cheers, so if I understand correctly orders can get matched in real time because of the way it interacts with cryptsy even if users of the site can't?

I would put it this way: When you place the order via leonArdo in times when there is a lot of lag at the exchange, leonArdo automates the 
"check if the order did go through and if not resubmit the order" process.

Surely lag could cause major problems with an automatic trading engine though no?

Yes and No. The state is decoupled from cryptsy.
When you or the algorithm places a trade through leonardo, leonardo makes sure that the order finds it's way into the order book.
Even if cryptsy is unresponsive at that moment. Sure we can't fix cryptsy but leonArdo tries to take out as much of the pain as possible.

legendary
Surely lag could cause major problems with an automatic trading engine though no?

Yes and No. The state is decoupled from cryptsy.
When you or the algorithm places a trade through leonardo, leonardo makes sure that the order finds it's way into the order book.
Even if cryptsy is unresponsive at that moment. Sure we can't fix cryptsy but leonArdo tries to take out as much of the pain as possible.

Has the speed of Cryptsy improved? What are your thoughts on that issue Leonardo?

To be honest we don't use Cryptsy! We have heard that it can be slow, but leonArdo will not add to that. There are also mechanisms inbuilt in leonArdo by which if Cryptsy is having difficulty it will re-try to place an order automatically. This can improve user experience.

Let's see how the vote turns out!

legendary
Has the speed of Cryptsy improved? What are your thoughts on that issue Leonardo?

To be honest we don't use Cryptsy! We have heard that it can be slow, but leonArdo will not add to that. There are also mechanisms inbuilt in leonArdo by which if Cryptsy is having difficulty it will re-try to place an order automatically. This can improve user experience.

Let's see how the vote turns out!

Activity: 641
Merit: 500
Voted!  Be very surprised if cryptsy doesn't win
legendary

Please vote for the exchange you would like us to support next. If your favourite exchange is not in the list then let us know and we will add it!

Introducing leonArdo, a crypto trading platform that let's you directly
interact with market graphs to adapt orders. Use our automated trading strategies
to take the pain out of trading and set your hard earned BTC to work for you.

Introduction Video

(it's not just a promo video, it's more like a "how to use" leonArdo video)

Video presented at Bitcoin 2014 conference!

Pages:
Jump to: