Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Woodcoin [LOG] Pure Skein POW, Logarithmic Release, No Premine nor ICO - page 31. (Read 126093 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
rolf ! Usually, shitcoin ponzis rely us "windows bitches" for miner and investor support, and you're telling us to go fuck ourselves. LMAO

Have fun chewing on that wood, dumbasses.

Thanks again for posting your findings, SalimNagamato. Smiley

It's not like Windows people can't mine this coin. In fact this coin can be mined on the most basic of computers that can't be used for mining most coins these days. I have an old computer I didn't use that couldn't mine any coins I've come across so far, and set it up to mine woodcoin, and it does it with no problems.

https://i.imgur.com/RWIAbIs.png

On an even playing field, you would have earned (4000 khash divided by 700 khash) 5.7142857142857142857142857142857 times as much. Shocked

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
rolf ! Usually, shitcoin ponzis rely us "windows bitches" for miner and investor support, and you're telling us to go fuck ourselves. LMAO

It's not like Windows people can't mine this coin. In fact this coin can be mined on the most basic of computers that can't be used for mining most coins these days. I have an old computer I didn't use that couldn't mine any coins I've come across so far, and set it up to mine woodcoin, and it does it with no problems.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Windows wallet was compiled by the community, not by funken
blame the community  Smiley

and yeah, Open Source is the way to go. was already said: learning how to compile will get you laid
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
Yeah well why is it us Linux users always have to compile our own fucking software and windows bitches only complain about not having everything done for them?
legendary
Hello HippieTech!

Welcome to a forum discussion for a real coin. 
Hope you like it! 

By the way this is the first and only coin I have released (so far), you will note that it isn't on cryptsy (yet) and there are no press releases (with or without lies about supply cap) relating to LOG.  So long story short, these aren't the droids you're looking for.  But we could help you track 'em down. 

If this is really your first, you're batting 1.000 when it comes to giving Linux users (namely yourself) such an unfair mining advantage.
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
Hello HippieTech!

Welcome to a forum discussion for a real coin.  A bit more woody at least.
Hope you like it!  

By the way this is the first and only coin I have released (so far), you will note that it isn't on cryptsy (yet) and there are no press releases (with or without lies about supply cap) relating to LOG.  So long story short, these aren't the droids you're looking for.  But we could help you track 'em down.  

legendary
seems like funky is also having fun with this coin
i don't see the scam here
legendary
on Linux i get much more hashrate
on windows only ~700k/s, and linux 4M/s  (using 4 cpu cores of i7-4700HQ)
at least that what getmininginfo show

Explain this ----^^^  Mr. "I'm here to revive the 42coin scam guy."

what ? 42coin??? wtf dude. I didn't scam anyone, ever.
actually im one of the people who only lose money in shitcoins Smiley
I can't explain.. maybe because Linux rules. I'm not a C++ programmer i would debug it if i knew

lol Not you. oops..

My statement regarding your quote was directed at der funky one. Grin
legendary
on windows only ~700k/s, and linux 4M/s  (using 4 cpu cores of i7-4700HQ)

Explain this ----^^^  Mr. "I'm here to revive the 42coin scam guy."

what ? 42coin??? wtf dude. I didn't scam anyone, ever.
actually im one of the people who only lose money in shitcoins Smiley
I can't explain.. maybe because Linux rules. I'm not a C++ programmer i would debug it if i knew
legendary

Explain this ----^^^  Mr. "I'm here to revive the 42coin scam guy."
legendary
very long term Smiley
wish i could live enough to see what will happen
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
As a fun diversion, and a way to better understand the Logarithmic release curve of woodcoin, let's calculate the date of the last coinbase subsidy for BTC and for LOG.  

BTC

The reward schedule for bitcoin began with 50 coins and gets cut in half every 210,000 10 minute blocks.  When will this reward be 1 satoshi?  

Log(0.00000001/50,2)=-32.2

floor(50*2^-32)=0.00000001

In other words, after 32 halvings the reward will be 1 satoshi.  After 32 sets of 210,000 blocks, there will be no more coinbase reward (only fees).  This will happen after:

32 * 210,000 * 10 / 60 / 24 / 365.25 = 127.8  years

Estimated date of last BTC issued:  2009 + 127.8 = 2136 (Julian Year)  

LOG

The reward schedule for woodcoin says that every block greater than 100 is rewarded with:

subsidy = 1,000,000 / nHeight

the final LOG issued will be when this subsidy drops below 1 LOG satoshi:

0.00000001 = 1000000 / nHeight.  We can solve for the block height:

nHeight = 100000000000000 = 10^14

This will happen after 10^14 * 2 / 60 / 24 / 365.25 = 380257053 years.  

Estimated date of last LOG issued: 2014 + 380,257,053 = 380,259,057 (Julian Year)
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Thanks to Stuff0577 we have a vastly improved block explorer!  
Modified from the insight BTC explorer by bitpay, you will see that units are sometimes off but the explorer works brilliantly.
Great work!

Currently redirecting from:

explorer.woodcoin.org

It looks really nice. Smiley
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
Thanks to Stuff0577 we have a vastly improved block explorer!  
Modified from the insight BTC explorer by bitpay, you will see that units are sometimes off but the explorer works brilliantly.
Great work!

Currently redirecting from:

explorer.woodcoin.org

legendary
ok.. not rich
financially secured ... anyway i probably not be alive by 2060  Cry

so by year 2060~ we are rich ? (when chopping will still produce fair amount of LOG)
damn i will be too old, if exist:P

you have a mistake in the Graph
BTC reward started only from 50

Hehe, well only a person can say when they feel rich and everybody has their own reasons.  A specific number in fiat or coin is not what makes it.  

But yeah, if we still have LOG from now stacked in 2060 that won't hurt Wink  My wish for good health to you at that day as well!  

Oh and the graph shows reward per day not per block, so bitcoin with 10 minute blocks started at 50 * 6 * 24 = 7200  per day, and is currently at 3600 BTC per day.  Meanwhile we are currently chopping 2 minute blocks at 23 * 30 * 24 =  16560 LOG per day.  The first point on the graph is in 2016 when mainnet will be at 1800 BTC per day.     

legendary

legendary

This would be a great opportunity to learn how to compile on your OS. It's not impossible and will get you laid.

oh yeah it will definitely get you laid to know how to compile... but you might regret it later
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
so by year 2060~ we are rich ? (when chopping will still produce fair amount of LOG)
damn i will be too old, if exist:P

you have a mistake in the Graph
BTC reward started only from 50

Hehe, well only a person can say when they feel rich and everybody has their own reasons.  A specific number in fiat or coin is not what makes it.  

But yeah, if we still have LOG from now stacked in 2060 that won't hurt Wink  My wish for good health to you at that day as well!  

Oh and the graph shows reward per day not per block, so bitcoin with 10 minute blocks started at 50 * 6 * 24 = 7200  per day, and is currently at 3600 BTC per day.  Meanwhile we are currently chopping 2 minute blocks at 23 * 30 * 24 =  16560 LOG per day.  The first point on the graph is in 2016 when mainnet will be at 1800 BTC per day.     

That's a lot of Wood lol, any chance of having an Official release windows wallet ?

This would be a great opportunity to learn how to compile on your OS. It's not impossible and will get you laid.
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
That's a lot of Wood lol, any chance of having an Official release windows wallet ?

Hello!  Thanks for asking Smiley

Please excuse my paranoia, I wouldn't call anything official for any decentralized coin.  That being said, I have tested both the windows builds listed in the OP and on the download section of woodcoin.org

(using doubly nested virtual machines in a stone vault wrapped in conductive material deep in a cave)

and neither one did anything strange or alerted the sniffers or malware detectors I had in place.  They aren't up to date with the cosmetics but everything else including the chopping is up to date.  

If my word is official then I would say officially, you won't ever regret or go back to using backdoored software once you move to an open platform.    

But hey it's hard to blame the woodcutters who are using the backdoored platforms; I did myself for decades as well.  Even the great wizard Satoshi operated inside botnet nodes.        

Pages:
Jump to: