Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Wrapper. I2P Market. Zerocoin Source and Fourier Protocol - page 16. (Read 23329 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

So the marketplace will be a site with a listing of vendors that accept WrapperCoin? Will you be adding any kind of payment system like CoinPayments?

The website will be something like ebay where sellers create accounts and list their products. The only payment system will be Wrapper.
Activity: 255
Merit: 260

So the marketplace will be a site with a listing of vendors that accept WrapperCoin? Will you be adding any kind of payment system like CoinPayments?

My apologies if this inquiry had already been addressed, but what is (seller) WrapperRoad?

No problem, we are here to answer your questions. WrapperRoad is an I2P market we announced yesterday.

You can read the announcement here: http://wrapperproject.com/wrapperroad-i2p-market/

Basically it's like SilkRoad but for Wrapper.
There are some very interesting details about WrapperRoad that we haven't announced yet so stay tuned.
Activity: 255
Merit: 260

My apologies if this inquiry had already been addressed, but what is (seller) WrapperRoad?

Update on our ICO: 28.5% sold.

We are still looking for the first sellers for WrapperRoad. Also, we are trying to build a small slack community on wrapperproject.slack.com.

If you want to sell on WrapperRoad and/or want an invite for our slack please PM us.
Exciting news for traders!

We've know this for quite a while but decided to wait to share it at the appropriate time.
novaexchange.com will be supporting Wrapper as soon as the ICO ends!
This exchange was the first one to add zerocoin so they have some experience with zerocoin based sources.
Hey everyone. We just created a slack team with the goal of answering investors questions and start building a community around this project. Drop us a line if you want an invite!
Activity: 13
was waiting for news like this before semding my btc to ccex. Hope this pumps like zclassic since its also zcoin source
so is like silk road?

This is just one of many applications wrapper might have.  And yes it's like Silk Road but it's on I2P and that makes it much more safe.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
maybe we need  more careful about this project . and we need more info especial public identity  of team.
Activity: 293
Merit: 10
so is like silk road?
Activity: 272
Merit: 310
Today we are announcing WrapperRoad. An I2P web market that uses Wrapper as it’s main transaction transaction currency.

You now have my full and undivided attention.
New post in our development blog.

Something BIG

Wrapper was created with privacy in mind so it’s logical that use cases also involve private centered implementations. It’s with this in mind that today we are announcing something huge. Something that will shape the future of Wrapper like silkroad shaped the future of Bitcoin.
Today we are announcing WrapperRoad. An I2P web market that uses Wrapper as it’s main transaction transaction currency.
WrapperRoad is just like SilkRoad, only more secure because it uses Wrapper and the I2P network. This market enters the Wrapper ecosystem right at the beginning of its lifetime, proving a mean for WRA to gain value as a token used in real life exchanges instead of it being just a speculative vehicle.

Why not TOR?

Tor is, as story has shown us, very vulnerable. This makes it not ideal for the type of implementation we are thinking about.
We are studying TOR implementations and it might happen. Not in the near future though.

What now?

At the moment the market is completely empty. We will be starting the process of getting vendors on board next week but are only aiming to open the first version of the market in 2017 when the Fourier Protocol is stable and the Wrapper blockchain proves itself as reliable.
If you have some experience with I2P you can check the market here:
http://kyh5mfbv3464fnzaoa2ode3qpv6chptkq7i76axtjnmjskcdi5fq.b32.i2p/

PS: The Wrapper team does not take any kind of responsibility for the goods exchanged on WrapperRoad. We advice every user to respect the laws of his corresponding country.
[New blog post]

Wrapper and I2P. A good combination?

http://wrapperproject.com/wrapper-i2p-good-combination/

"Wrapper’s team aims to create an I2P market using wrapper has a base currency.
The funds gathered from this market would fund wrapper’s development, and the transactions made in this market would create real demand for wrapper to be used as a mean to transfer value.
"

So you're implying that you will be opening a "Dark Market" that will use Wrapper as currency.

hmmmm.......so how many Wrappers for 1 gram of cocaine then?

Grin

The wrapper team takes no responsibility for what is sold on the market. We will simply build and provide a platform for free commerce.
This is how bitcoin started its expansion. We hope to replicate its success.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
[New blog post]

"Wrapper’s team aims to create an I2P market using wrapper has a base currency.
The funds gathered from this market would fund wrapper’s development, and the transactions made in this market would create real demand for wrapper to be used as a mean to transfer value.
"

So you're implying that you will be opening a "Dark Market" that will use Wrapper as currency.

hmmmm.......so how many Wrappers for 1 gram of cocaine then?

Grin
[New blog post]

Who are the people behind this project?

We have directly answered this question in our FAQ. Let me copy-paste it.

"Who are the people behind this project?

Three people make up the core team of Wrapper: a main C++ coder, a designer, and a developer who specializes in the I2P overlay network.
Due to the project’s nature and concerns with its viability the identity of the team will not be revealed at this stage."

Grin Nice answer.

We don't invest in projects whose core developers are unknown or been hidden for the public.

Good luck with your project. We are out...

I agree with this. Anonymous developers in this case are very suspicious. Who can guarantee that you don't just take the fund and disappear? That's why I am also looking for real persons with credible backgrounds, and a credible company behind it.

In this case we are working with an escrow, meaning that a network WILL be delivered before the funds are released. Your concerns are completely valid though and we understand your positions.
If you are into crypto though please read our whitepaper and tell us what you think!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
Who are the people behind this project?

We have directly answered this question in our FAQ. Let me copy-paste it.

"Who are the people behind this project?

Three people make up the core team of Wrapper: a main C++ coder, a designer, and a developer who specializes in the I2P overlay network.
Due to the project’s nature and concerns with its viability the identity of the team will not be revealed at this stage."

Grin Nice answer.

We don't invest in projects whose core developers are unknown or been hidden for the public.

Good luck with your project. We are out...

I agree with this. Anonymous developers in this case are very suspicious. Who can guarantee that you don't just take the fund and disappear? That's why I am also looking for real persons with credible backgrounds, and a credible company behind it.
As promised yesterday we are releasing this week's spendings report, we will be doing this every saturday.

Available BTC at the start of the week: 4.5209

Spendings:

First part of c-cex ICO fee: 2 BTC
Github Organizational: 0.03837 BTC
CloudOcean's server: 0.04263 BTC

Available BTC at the end of the week: 2.43988

Hmm... 4.5 BTC per week only. This is not the most successful outcome. I hope other steps will provide the team a greater flow of investment.

That's why we are doing this ICO. Beware that this 4.5 BTC are the leftovers of what the team chipped in to start the project.

EDIT: You can follow our dev blog by subscribing to our RSS feed available here: http://wrapperproject.com/feed/

Are you want compensate your previous costs? I thought ICO will bring you investment for the further development of the project.

No, the previous costs will not be compensated by taking funds out of the ICO. We have some ideas on how to generate a steady income but that's still a bit further down the road. Right now the team is working on Wrapper as a second job and the ICO money will only serve to pay for outsourced work.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
I ♥ BitcoinTalk
As promised yesterday we are releasing this week's spendings report, we will be doing this every saturday.

Available BTC at the start of the week: 4.5209

Spendings:

First part of c-cex ICO fee: 2 BTC
Github Organizational: 0.03837 BTC
CloudOcean's server: 0.04263 BTC

Available BTC at the end of the week: 2.43988

Hmm... 4.5 BTC per week only. This is not the most successful outcome. I hope other steps will provide the team a greater flow of investment.

That's why we are doing this ICO. Beware that this 4.5 BTC are the leftovers of what the team chipped in to start the project.

EDIT: You can follow our dev blog by subscribing to our RSS feed available here: http://wrapperproject.com/feed/

Are you want compensate your previous costs? I thought ICO will bring you investment for the further development of the project.
Pages:
Jump to: