Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] www.terrawallet.com - CLOSED - - page 2. (Read 7462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
April 11, 2013, 05:57:33 AM
There are not many coins left on the server- if you are a terrawallet user, please withdraw them.

I am still having some problems- but I'm not entirely sure what. From what I could tell either I was running out of memory, on a fork, or something else. I've reinstalled the terracoind and it seems to be working again, but I'm on a much larger server to see if it's a memory thing and it's expensive to run, so please, take your coins.  :-)

Plan going forward: (don't quote me on this- I could always change my mind)

My plan going forward it to open source the core of Terrawallet. It's based on Open Source code so it's time to go back to the community. A lot of people have asked about this- so I think the time has come. It has been specifically designed to handle multiple currencies easily- so TRC, BTC, LTC, and even multiple LANGUAGES. So if nothing else, I think the alt community will really benefit from it.

EDIT: looks like some bigger problem with terracoin itself (Related: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proud-of-you-ntime-51-dude-173283 Huh). The wallet is stuck on block 101632, which is crazy far behind. It is updated to the latest version as well so I don't know. I hope all have withdrawn what they could, there are still a (very) few coins left on the wallet but they might not be salvageable. Although to be fair, one wonders if TRC is salvageable .  Huh

Still looking into it.

EDIT: I'm closing Terrawallet for now. We're on a fork of some sort as far as I can tell. Sorry to anyone who might have some coins left, but it would be very few as almost everything has been withdrawn. If it makes anyone feel better, it looks like Terracoin has some much bigger problems on it's hands at the moment anyway.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
April 10, 2013, 07:23:51 PM
Thanks, Rabbit!
legendary
April 10, 2013, 05:56:56 PM
The Terrawallet has been updated after much effort, all the coins are there.

I *highly* recommend that users withdraw any non-trival balances that are left on the server. I am refilling the hotwallet as we speak, so you should have no problems getting your coins.

I'm having trouble keeping up with the releases and there is a very real worry of getting caught on a fork. Everything is fine currently I have had the wallet off so users did not move funds, but it's a real worry.

Hopefully things with TRC get sorted out. Sorry to everyone that it's been such a rough ride.

(That said I am NOT the DEV!)

NOTE: I guess withdrawing your coins has to be your call. I realize the last time people did a bunch of panic withdrawls in the middle of the slowdown they got stuck in the lurch for a long time. I can't make any promises which way it's going to go.
legendary
April 10, 2013, 03:57:13 AM
We are down again until the new Software gets updated- sorry for the interruptions, I'm just not always available to do the update as quick as I would like.
legendary
April 05, 2013, 02:10:13 AM
Terrawallet is up, but I am reducing the size of the hot wallet even further given the recent meteoric price rise.

That said the disclaimer still applies- be careful with your TRC. Even the best instwallets get hacked (instawallet) and Terrawallet is no different. Only keep the coins on the server that you could afford to lose- be it from theft, negligence or otherwise!

legendary
March 29, 2013, 05:09:44 AM
The Terrawallet will be down for Upgrades from later today (new Terracoin upgrades). I hope I'll have it back up quickly, but perhaps due to the easter holiday it will take a little longer.

legendary
March 14, 2013, 02:14:42 AM
not https ?

Oh that's in the works! Step by step!

EDIT: I see the value of TRC rising and RISING. Don't forget the terrwallet is still BETA so don't put ever coin you ever mined on it!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
March 14, 2013, 12:38:45 AM
not https ?
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
March 13, 2013, 03:14:52 PM
A terrawallet app would also be cool =]
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
March 13, 2013, 03:00:51 PM
Yeah I guess the site is using a BTC API instead of TRC. Also another suggestion: You should ask to re-enter the password when signing up, since people using a strong password are more likely to make a mistake entering it   Embarrassed

I somehow missed noticing that when I signed up.  Yes, entering the password twice ought to be a requirement.
Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
March 12, 2013, 11:27:04 PM
Yeah I guess the site is using a BTC API instead of TRC. Also another suggestion: You should ask to re-enter the password when signing up, since people using a strong password are more likely to make a mistake entering it   Embarrassed
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
March 12, 2013, 10:05:33 PM
Whoa that's a weird glitch! Any more detail you could give me?

The exact amount was actually 2983. I took a screenshot of it:

After I logged out the page refreshed on it's own and displayed that. When I logged in again it showed the actual amount I have.

wow, a rich man.   Wink

But note that (2983) is actually in BTC with BTC/USD ($43.79) exchange rate, and not in TRC.
legendary
March 12, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

After I logged out the page refreshed on it's own and displayed that. When I logged in again it showed the actual amount I have.

Will talk to the dev!
the rabbit
March 12, 2013, 09:23:49 PM

legendary
March 12, 2013, 07:11:40 PM
I also spotted an issue with the conversion rate. It says  this in my status page "0.35456544 ($16) BALANCE". and we all know that .35 Terrcoins is not $16 (wish it were!)

Oh yeah, I'm working on that. It's based on BTC, but it should be fixed. Will get to it!
legendary
March 12, 2013, 07:11:13 PM
Hey rabbit I was testing your wallet and put 10 coins in there and then logged out. The screen refreshed and said my balance was something like 2650 coins!  Shocked Must be some sort of glitch.

Oh and when I tried withdrawing the coins it kept saying I don't have enough balance. It did work when I changed the amount to 9.9 coins but it was kind of confusing. I know it charges a fee to withdraw but I think it would be better if I could put the full balance and the it takes the fee off and tells me how much the fee was.

All in all, I must say I like it  Cheesy

March 12, 2013, 06:41:31 PM
I also spotted an issue with the conversion rate. It says  this in my status page "0.35456544 ($16) BALANCE". and we all know that .35 Terrcoins is not $16 (wish it were!)
March 12, 2013, 12:57:58 PM
Hey rabbit I was testing your wallet and put 10 coins in there and then logged out. The screen refreshed and said my balance was something like 2650 coins!  Shocked Must be some sort of glitch.

Oh and when I tried withdrawing the coins it kept saying I don't have enough balance. It did work when I changed the amount to 9.9 coins but it was kind of confusing. I know it charges a fee to withdraw but I think it would be better if I could put the full balance and the it takes the fee off and tells me how much the fee was.

All in all, I must say I like it  Cheesy
legendary
March 12, 2013, 09:22:04 AM
An update- the numer of coins on the server have gone up dramatically, and the cold-wallet has been turned on in the event someone hacks the server. The coin limit on the server is shared by all the users, so if you have trouble withdrawing, either hit the feedback tab on the right hand side of the page, or send me a PM and I'll try to refill as soon as I can. Refill's are manual at the moment as I haven't figured a way around someone possibly tricking the system. Automatic refills defeat the purpose of a cold-storage.

As more and more people come on the server, I'll be tuning this to see what works best.

Activity: 467
March 11, 2013, 12:50:17 PM
Hey Crazy_rabbit,

Neat site, just 1 thing (maybe a chrome related error / issue)

The BETA bar covers up the text / logo below it,

Here's a fix (I assume you use bootstrap)

Code:

Add that to the page and It'll add the spacing (padding) between the navbar and the content below.

Thanks !

Thanks for the tip- I will fix that. It's actually from another service and if you click/hover over it, it should disappear. Thanks for pointing that out!

Aah, hmm I could not close it before, not sure if thats a chrome related too, looks neat now Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: