Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] www.terrawallet.com - CLOSED - - page 4. (Read 7462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
February 13, 2013, 08:21:46 AM
Thats an interesting idea. I've head some people don't like that system and I particularly have had trouble with it myself. What would be the advantage of it?
It's definitely been polarizing. Many people love using OpenID and just as many people have hated the exchanges use of it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
February 13, 2013, 08:20:33 AM
you should make an option to post your backup wallet address, just in case. I don't feel particularly safe using this for large quantities. Other than that I love your wallet.

Thanks! So nice to hear!  That is a really good idea, I've just been thinking how to develop a system that would know when/how to send coins to users backup wallets. You know? For the moment a cold storage system is being implemented, so that if someone hacks the server, the majority of coins (starting around 90%) are actually off line. That's a big step forward in security I think.

I like the backup wallet- but the question then becomes how does one build an effective "trip-wire" that can sense some intrusion and quickly dump the coins in an emergency? I'd really like suggestions about that one. That said, as I look toward a future of making this at least marginally profitable, it's not profitable to send users their coins directly back- you might lose them as users. Rather if you keep them in cold storage, and once the kinks are worked out come back on line- the users might retain a trust in you that they might have otherwise lost in a moment of panic. Of course- I am not thinking only from a 'profit angle' so I wouldn't do something purely for profit reasons, but I'm trying to cover all angles.

I think there is a greater danger however, if the server is compromised in some way that a hacker might be able to play with the emergency addresses and trip the system themselves, and get the system itself to dump all the coins to the hacker. A cold storage system is much simpler, and has less vectors of attack. Indeed I am considering having an entirely offline pre-generated list of addresses for new users, so coins always go straight to the hotwallet, and we never keep more then a fraction of coins online. Even safer as the service never has a chance to accumulate more the whats in the hot-wallet.

I don't know what is more of a risk, the possibility of losing all of my coins to a server crash or to a hacker. It still just seems like a risk. I think it would be less likely to lose my coins saved on my computer.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
February 13, 2013, 06:08:25 AM
The wallet will look a little bit wonky for the next couple days while I work with the dev to add new features. I'm preparing a Bitcoin Wallet at the moment so you'll see some crossover stuff for a little while. The wallets will not be multi-currency (at least for now).
legendary
February 09, 2013, 08:08:40 AM
Ran some Terracoins in and out of terrawallet.com today, and I had no problems to speak of.  The site looks slick, and it's nice to see how fast the Terracoin confirmations come in.  There were a couple glitches where the various pages seemed a little confused about what state we were in. I'm sorry I didn't get any notes as to specifics, but if I see them again and they are reproducible I'll report them.  Nothing hampered the main functionality of the site.

Okay, I look forward to hear about them. Some thing are glitchy I know. Slowly trying to fix them. :-)
legendary
February 09, 2013, 08:07:47 AM
Site looks great @crazy_rabbit! Would be awesome if you can add a option where it displays BTC/USD current price to also display TRC current price.

Yes, I have been waivering between running terrawallet for BTC or TRC. I think I will do both for the near future, but the new features I want to add (like exchange rate and some other exciting things) require a more developed ecosystem. So for example computing TRC rate at the moment is rather difficult to do as the exchanges are small with small volume. :-( But it's a place holder for testing the Bitcoin version. :-)
legendary
February 09, 2013, 07:49:15 AM
you should make an option to post your backup wallet address, just in case. I don't feel particularly safe using this for large quantities. Other than that I love your wallet.

Thanks! So nice to hear!  That is a really good idea, I've just been thinking how to develop a system that would know when/how to send coins to users backup wallets. You know? For the moment a cold storage system is being implemented, so that if someone hacks the server, the majority of coins (starting around 90%) are actually off line. That's a big step forward in security I think.

I like the backup wallet- but the question then becomes how does one build an effective "trip-wire" that can sense some intrusion and quickly dump the coins in an emergency? I'd really like suggestions about that one. That said, as I look toward a future of making this at least marginally profitable, it's not profitable to send users their coins directly back- you might lose them as users. Rather if you keep them in cold storage, and once the kinks are worked out come back on line- the users might retain a trust in you that they might have otherwise lost in a moment of panic. Of course- I am not thinking only from a 'profit angle' so I wouldn't do something purely for profit reasons, but I'm trying to cover all angles.

I think there is a greater danger however, if the server is compromised in some way that a hacker might be able to play with the emergency addresses and trip the system themselves, and get the system itself to dump all the coins to the hacker. A cold storage system is much simpler, and has less vectors of attack. Indeed I am considering having an entirely offline pre-generated list of addresses for new users, so coins always go straight to the hotwallet, and we never keep more then a fraction of coins online. Even safer as the service never has a chance to accumulate more the whats in the hot-wallet.
February 09, 2013, 07:37:14 AM
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
February 08, 2013, 10:13:08 PM
Ran some Terracoins in and out of terrawallet.com today, and I had no problems to speak of.  The site looks slick, and it's nice to see how fast the Terracoin confirmations come in.  There were a couple glitches where the various pages seemed a little confused about what state we were in. I'm sorry I didn't get any notes as to specifics, but if I see them again and they are reproducible I'll report them.  Nothing hampered the main functionality of the site.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
February 08, 2013, 09:11:06 PM
Hey, Rabbit, it would be great if I could log in with openid and/or my Google account, like I can on bitparking's terracoin exchange. Smiley

Thats an interesting idea. I've head some people don't like that system and I particularly have had trouble with it myself. What would be the advantage of it?
Advantage would be if you already have google 2fa set up for your google account Smiley
Activity: 205
February 08, 2013, 08:41:28 PM
Site looks great @crazy_rabbit! Would be awesome if you can add a option where it displays BTC/USD current price to also display TRC current price.
legendary
February 08, 2013, 04:56:24 PM
Hey, Rabbit, it would be great if I could log in with openid and/or my Google account, like I can on bitparking's terracoin exchange. Smiley

In my case it would've helped me ramp up easier.  I wouldn't have to create and remember yet another password.  I don't want to give terrawallet a password I'm using anywhere else, but I don't want to pick something ultra easily guessable.

It might also be useful as an additional second factor for identification, at some point.

That is a good point- for the creating "yet another password" I now use Lastpass which has simplified my online life to no end. There is a free tier which will solve all your problems.

I would like to look into Yubi-keys in the future- especially if/when I add bitcoin support. :-)

I spoke with slush the other day and maybe I'd like to incorporate his Trezor as well.
February 08, 2013, 02:52:03 PM

In my case it would've helped me ramp up easier.  I wouldn't have to create and remember yet another password.  I don't want to give terrawallet a password I'm using anywhere else, but I don't want to pick something ultra easily guessable.

It might also be useful as an additional second factor for identification, at some point.
legendary
February 08, 2013, 03:02:00 AM

February 07, 2013, 02:14:58 PM
legendary
February 05, 2013, 04:45:03 AM
So a NEW version of www.terrawallet.com is up.

New design! Same basic Features. Some links are still blind. (Notice that I have a "what is bitcoin?" that will be "what is terracoin", but I'm looking forward to rolling out a bitcoin version down the road).

Biggest update: New Email confirmation on signup- and best of all: Cold Storage! Most coins are now kept off-sever.

This is a feature that I am most curious to see people try and use (abuse). It's a hard guess as to how many coins should be kept on/off server and I don't have any fancy algorithm to help me determine it. So if you're hitting withdrawl limits let me know, I have to manually refill the server so I might be a bit slow to react at the moment as I'm traveling but in the future I will figure some better method out as well. :-)

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

EDIT: I see the cold storage is already too high a percent. :-) Will adjust!

EDIT: Cold storage is a bit too aggressive. It's disabled for the moment so I can calculate a better way to manage it.
legendary
February 04, 2013, 08:50:26 AM
Sometimes it lags on giving me TRC from codes, also it has logged me out for no reason a couple times when I was reading the API info.

You mean lags on when giving you TRC from Instacodes? Perhaps my server isn't so powerful at the moment.

The autolog out was meant to be for security. Do you mind being auto-logged out? Or would it satisfy you if you were able to read the api information without being logged in?
February 04, 2013, 04:52:50 AM
Sometimes it lags on giving me TRC from codes, also it has logged me out for no reason a couple times when I was reading the API info.
legendary
February 04, 2013, 04:05:22 AM
The Terrawallet is getting a facelift at the moment - it's stil up and kicking so feel free to use it, but some links don't go anywhere. I'll fix this durring the week.

EDIT: Some things that aren't working:

BTC/USD rate: - this shows bitcoin obviously. I'm currently building a Bitcoin version. Hence the overlap with a few things.

Links: Receive funds is blind- doesn't go anywhere yet. You can still of course receive, your addresses are listed on the address page.  I will clean this up this week.
Also blind are the "what is bitcoin", "support" and "terms of service".

:-)
legendary
February 04, 2013, 04:04:44 AM
Also, explain the crates and sim mining? Do you need terra coins to start the aps?

I stress-tested your sim mining and crate app gambling system. Really fun. I THROTTLED the system! I won't let me gamble anymore. Is there some way you could re-write the page to just allow deposits, like your terradice for these aps? Instead of making codes, it's kind of a drag to copy and paste the codes every time, and I have lost a couple terracoins by forgetting to copy and paste the code correctly (is that a scheme in the design to make more for the house?).

I'm glad you like it- yes I've thought about this. It's not high on the list but I know it's kind of a pain to have to do copy and paste the codes. Down the line I will get to this though. :-)
February 04, 2013, 12:34:28 AM
Also, explain the crates and sim mining? Do you need terra coins to start the aps?

I stress-tested your sim mining and crate app gambling system. Really fun. I THROTTLED the system! I won't let me gamble anymore. Is there some way you could re-write the page to just allow deposits, like your terradice for these aps? Instead of making codes, it's kind of a drag to copy and paste the codes every time, and I have lost a couple terracoins by forgetting to copy and paste the code correctly (is that a scheme in the design to make more for the house?).
Pages:
Jump to: