Author

Topic: [ANN] [XDAG] New Community-based Cryptocurrency - First Mineable DAG ! - page 137. (Read 75152 times)

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
and there is less informations in the OP too,, seems scary to me  Shocked

OP it's me? I do not want to disclose my personality, not because I hide something, but because I do not want to draw attention to my person and personalize the coin. I saw how Buterin was scolded on the stock exchanges when the Ethereum rate fell, but no one scolded Satoshi.

OP is the original post. The first post on the thread. You need not say anything personal about yourself, people are only asking for all the relevant info on the coin
Activity: 412
Merit: 100
Que sera sera
bit more info would be helpful!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 391
At the moment I, Daniel Cheatoshin, are the only developer. My personality is hidden. Other voluntary developers are welcome. I'll try to make a website, at least temporarily, where one could download the programs and where the description of the protocol will be laid out. As for marketing, until the project is a non-profit, ICO is not planned, so it's too early to talk about marketing.

As for the technical plan for the near future, it is
1. Check the functionality of the existing full node on the test network. Here I need the help of volunteers. I have only 6 of my full nodes, but I would like a few dozen.
2. Make a full node for Windows in command line mode
3. Make a temporary site on a free hosting server. Lay out there a description of the protocol and the program for download.
4. Make a simple Qt-based front-end for Linux, Windows, Android.

For the near future, mining is planned on CPU only. Developers for GPU miner are welcome.

Dev, it seems to me a promising project with no profit interests at the time, could become a gem, but my question is why the name Cheatcoin?
Activity: 126
Well, let's discuss. Gold - Trust, Dollar - Trust, Bitcoin - Trust, but Cheatcoin - real money for real darknet cheaters. This is a joke. As far as I understand, one of the meanings of the word "cheater" is a smart gamer or a programmer. I meant it.

In English the word cheater is a negative. This is the dictionary definition:

Cheater: a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage
legendary
I compiled and am syncing now.

For anyone having problems on ubuntu, note that openssl-dev that the instruction mention, for ubuntu should be libssl-dev

Also, if you are getting warnings treated as errors in make, edit the Makefile in the source, search and delete the -Werror option

The instructions do not mention how to gracefully exit the daemon. I could just kill all the relevant processes but is there a better way?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
why you choose cheat as your coin name mate ?
just want to heard your reason about this,,
and there is less informations in the OP too,, seems scary to me  Shocked
legendary
bspus, what do you mean by scale? If this is an increase in capitalization, then I can not predict anything. As for the scalability in terms of the number of simultaneously running servers, this should be checked. It is desirable that there are at least a few tens of nodes in the testnet, which would be periodically switched off. If we are talking about the number of transactions being processed per second, then theoretically it is not limited, it all depends on the capacity of the servers and the network bandwidth.

As for the other DAG, I learned about the IOTA after I started writing the cheatcoin.) It seem that DAG is the direction of development.

I mean in terms of anyone getting a full node up and running easily.

I must admit first of all, I have little understanding of how DAGs really work, so maybe I have some misconceptions by comparing in my mind with blockchain systems.

We all know about bitcoin and eth's scalability problems in terms of transactions, total space requirements etc. The only reason other coins don't have these problems yet is because they are not used as much.

IOTA and byteball already have huge requirements for full nodes. People there complain it takes days for them to sync. And it's just the beginning.

So that's why I'm asking. A system that plans to be widely used as everyday currency must overcome these.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
So do we know what algorithm, if it's you likeable and not basic?
Activity: 994
Merit: 261
win wallet qt not yet ??
Activity: 504
Merit: 16
I think , having Whitepaper(or even draft of it ) is very important to weed through it and it will save a great deal of time for us and for you.
Activity: 290
Merit: 10
wow... the dev is active, but the name....Cheat ? Coin Huh the decentralized currency means Trust, but the name is Cheat!!!
Activity: 298
I hope to see more specific details of the release. Including the team, the technical route, Marketing and so on.
I like what I've read here and on github. Do you plan to have a website and whitepaper ready for release when you switch to the mainnet?
NrX
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
Of course wallets for different operating systems will be available in future before or in short time once the mainnet will ho live. There are still exactly 2 weeks until everything to be up fully functional and in this period lot of things will be done along with testnet which is already going on. Also I am waiting for these things.
Activity: 62
Dev, any plans for windows based wallet ?
legendary
This is actually interesting. I believe DAGs will soon be in the spotlight, since IOTA has seen so much attention.
I will probably set up a tesnnet node to see how it goes and be ready for mainnet launch

The only other 2 DAGs I know, OTA and Byteball are a pain to run a full node on.

I'm curious how you think your system will scale relative to other DAGs as well as other established cryptocurrencies.
For now, there is no mining pool. Althrough I am a newbee in pools industry, I think I can create simple pool if it may be useful. And say me please, if using the sha256 hash is OK, or it is preferred to use another one?

Personally I'd prefer a different algo, something ASIC resistant so you encourage wider acceptance amongst miners. That way people can mine at home with GPUs and the currency remains decentralised.

*Just saw Dev post above mine. Sorry
legendary
For now, there is no mining pool. Althrough I am a newbee in pools industry, I think I can create simple pool if it may be useful. And say me please, if using the sha256 hash is OK, or it is preferred to use another one?

I suppose it comes down to who you want mining your coin.
Asic owners, gpu owners or people with good cpus?

I would prefer cpu or gpu
Activity: 401
Merit: 251
Still learning
Let's see what happpen!
1 node running in testnet.
Activity: 201
Could you give more info please. Algo, pool?
Jump to: