Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XDAG] New Community-based Cryptocurrency - First Mineable DAG ! - page 85. (Read 75463 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
we could put that on vote. CPU vs GPU. A lot of people in the community right now are saying they like CPU mining more. I am one of them.

until it gets succesful and slaughtered by botnets i guess
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Is recommended to update to this version for pools?
I will update the client only if is recommended to keep it online as much as posible
Activity: 14
we could put that on vote. CPU vs GPU. A lot of people in the community right now are saying they like CPU mining more. I am one of them.
Activity: 128
Merit: 14
And yes, botnets also. Can we do anything about that? First minable dag really deserve some fair spreading. Airdrops achieve the same goal but if we manage do this without centralized actions that can be really precious.
So Dan now is your move, can we do anything with botnets and possible gpu miner? Cut powers from same IP for example?  

As you have already seen, i have several time said that i'm not for GPU ... for now...
Because first... i'm a GPU miner  Grin

I agree than right now it's going to be a rape if GPU comes in now, but in fact, botnet, guy's who have thousand of CPU and other kind of tools already rape us...

We have now in 9 days 11158528.0 XDAG .

It will come necessary so stop focus and that and mine as much than you can now !!!

If in the next few days we succed to launch the main website-block explorer, and if we found a good logo, GPU will be here a soon as you can tell it.

i will never vote for a blockage or something like that
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Can we do a voting for gpu algorithm? I would vote equihash.

Not subject of change.

I dont like the idea to switch to GPU mining... that would (once again) strip out a lot of people from gaining access to the project. Currently its very easy to get people in xdag cause everything is just a simple proggie, no bloat.
For me sticking to CPU is the right way...

I agree. There are people at the community who aren't equipped with gpu's and who are participating a lot, like designing stuff, managing discord, etc. And more useful people might come, coz all you need is your regular computer.

We will have GPU miner really soon. Experienced coders can code a miner fast. GPU miner = better decentralization because CPU mining is abused by botnet miners and AWS stolen credits...

it's GPU mining which is abused, you can rent a shittone of rigs at nicehash etc.

I agree...as was stated earlier, the fact that this coin can be mined on any pc keeps a lot of people involved in the project....the minute the gpu mining starts, the community is going to shrink rapidly....maybe in the future, but its too early now

cpu botnet will do more damage than gpu miners once the XDAG will get enough exposure. You only can rent rigs on nicehash if algo/miner is added there.

There is nothing to stop the hackers from explointing the gpus of their botnets.  

Sure more people that are already in crypto will have gpus for mining.

Activity: 490
Merit: 102
And yes, botnets also. Can we do anything about that? First minable dag really deserve some fair spreading. Airdrops achieve the same goal but if we manage do this without centralized actions that can be really precious.
So Dan now is your move, can we do anything with botnets and possible gpu miner? Cut powers from same IP for example?  
Activity: 673
Merit: 500
cheatoshin, are you working on allowing nodes to be dynamically added to the network?  without that, how can the network grow organically?
Activity: 7
Is the main thread already running?

Test net is running. There are 11 hosts in it. Thank you! Does anyone want to get 1,000,000 testnet coins (they are not real coins)? Publish the address please.
Windows command-line full node is successfully compiled and in testing now.
Draft specification version 0.2 published in the official site.
Main net will start December 24.

Further plans:
1) make light node. This is like full node i.e. wallet+miner but does not require to load all blocks (and less safe that's why)
2) make simple windows GUI wallet based on the light node.
3) add pool functionality to the full node.
4) write standalone CPU miner.

let me test     kL0X7HzlidY3Rr/cQw6m4I9E/Pxi/5kD
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Am I missing something?  How do I generate an address?  The wallet looks more like a GUI miner.
Activity: 742

Not subject of change.

I dont like the idea to switch to GPU mining... that would (once again) strip out a lot of people from gaining access to the project. Currently its very easy to get people in xdag cause everything is just a simple proggie, no bloat.

I agree. There are people at the community who aren't equipped with gpu's and who are participating a lot, like designing stuff, managing discord, etc. And more useful people might come, coz all you need is your regular computer.

We will have GPU miner really soon. Experienced coders can code a miner fast. GPU miner = better decentralization because CPU mining is abused by botnet miners and AWS stolen credits...

it's GPU mining which is abused, you can rent a shittone of rigs at nicehash etc.

I agree...as was stated earlier, the fact that this coin can be mined on any pc keeps a lot of people involved in the project....the minute the gpu mining starts, the community is going to shrink rapidly....maybe in the future, but its too early now

cpu botnet will do more damage than gpu miners once the XDAG will get enough exposure. You only can rent rigs on nicehash if algo/miner is added there.
Activity: 276
Merit: 12
Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

Not subject of change.

Activity: 490
Merit: 102
Yeah i did.. pretty new at this - cant seem to get it to work. He keeps trying to connect to the main network or something. But probably my stupidity - never started a pool before. Think i am done for today. Maybe tomorrow i will be more succesfull. Good night all.

Each pool should be added to the whitelist.

Daniel, can you work on any additional protection against GPU mining? Also what is your personal opinion about that? As far as I remember there was similar story... with Memory coin I guess in 2013 or 2014. Suddenly GPU miner for CPU coin was made by user who immediately achieved enormous advantage and project was crushed.
Activity: 14

Not subject of change.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
So the max supply wil be 4 billion? did i understand correctly?
Activity: 742

Not subject of change.

for console version:
- stats command show hashrate of miner

Cool
So cool, asked by a lot of people ^^
Thx dev !!!!
Activity: 68
Yeah i did.. pretty new at this - cant seem to get it to work. He keeps trying to connect to the main network or something. But probably my stupidity - never started a pool before. Think i am done for today. Maybe tomorrow i will be more succesfull. Good night all.

Each pool should be added to the whitelist.

Yeah but first need to get it up and running. Have a static IP but dont get the port forwarding going. If that happens i will give you the IP for whitelisting.
Activity: 68
If wanted i can start a pool from Holland. Have a server which is always on (small company).

I remember you asked for pool earlier. You can try I think.

Activity: 276
Merit: 12
Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!
what happened to 109 pool???
I am down to about 10% of what I was getting just over 12 hrs ago
I would not hurry to release it

Me too..... we are not ready for this now....
Pages:
Jump to: