Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XDAG] New Community-based Cryptocurrency - First Mineable DAG ! - page 89. (Read 75463 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100
DAG technology makes this coin worth a bit more research - unfortunatelly you seem not to have much to say in this ANN about your own coin.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
cool stuff! good job

what is "reward:direct"? I've seen it on website, but can't understand what does it mean. (reward for miner - reward for direct contributions, wuut)
Activity: 128
Merit: 14
What does it give:
1) work with memory is rewritten. The data is now stored in a file that is mapped to memory. This will help if there is not much memory, and the necessary memory is constantly growing.
2) the new version can be run in parallel with the old one, if you have a powerful server, so as not to interrupt the work of the miners
3) fixed the error with the damage of about half of the hashes. Because of this, it seemed that the complexity of the network was growing. In fact, power was reduced by half because of this error;
4) now the pools can xfer their fees to a wallet, not being afraid to steal money from the miners;
5) you can add pools to the white list without rebooting your pool;
6) you can donate a certain percentage to the community fund. In this case, the option for the pool will be -P ip:port:maxminers:poolfee:reward:direct:maxipminers:donation

Hell yeah !!!!
Thx for the work  Cool
Nice update with nice new feature, thanx a lot also for the community fund fee !! As soon as we have a block explorer,we will use it in a better way than now.

His there any need for miner to apply this upgrade ?

Activity: 392
Multiversum
I am mining at latest IP pool (199.16.31.96:3355 ) since 6 hours: no balance at all. Is it normal?

you mean 0? what does the "state" says?

I mean 0.000000. Is that pool ok or should I change? Which one to try?

"Connected to the mainnet pool. Mining ok. Normal operation."

I see the address but balance always stays at zero.

The only possibility I see is that pool did not find any blocks at all. Or may be your mining is set to 0 threads? Just go to different pool instead and look what happen.

I solved changing pool :-D.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
Hey all, trying another direction.

...a little more 'stabby' less luxury brand :smiley:
 looking for feedback
unfortunately I can only do this in spurts, but don't think I'm tied down to anything - I'm open to the collaborative process :smiley:

if someone could embed this on a post that would be great...I can't seem to figure out how to..

Listen, there are many illustrations of the work of DAG protocol. Really those transaction's curved lines can be adopted by artist to the sort of hilt of a dagger, only dagger itself should be stylized. Now the lines are too sharp and overall the image must be neutral for mass adoption. Imao only.
Activity: 276
Merit: 12
Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!
most of these issues can be fixed by implementing a standard qt wallet....we may want to stand out from the crowd, but not that much...less than one third of the people in the world understand crypto at all....and even among that group, over half of them are scared shitless by a black-background window that you can only interact with by typing white letters...and again, I don't have the skills to make this happen...I just know that it needs to happen in order to reach the most people

My friend, may be, the start point should be implementing "standard blockchain", and then "standard qt wallet"?

you'll have to excuse my ignorance....im a chemist....crypto is just a hobby for me

looking for feedback
unfortunately I can only do this in spurts, but don't think I'm tied down to anything - I'm open to the collaborative process :smiley:

http://imgur.com/a/Oq0uq

if someone could embed this on a post that would be great...I can't seem to figure out how to..

I think youre moving in the right direction...I like the "dagger"....someone earlier suggested incorporating the directed acyclic graph diagram (Wikipedia)....perhaps the sky could fade into a ghosty integrated circuit pattern (representing minability) overlayed with the dag diagram in some way.....just spit-balling

that's a great idea. at least using DAG diagram would be nice and easy. and it looks great, and it carries a message

looking for feedback

I think youre moving in the right direction...I like the "dagger"....someone earlier suggested incorporating the directed acyclic graph diagram (Wikipedia)....perhaps the sky could fade into a ghosty integrated circuit pattern (representing minability) overlayed with the dag diagram in some way.....just spit-balling
Hi Daniel.

I have some suggestions and ideas for further improvement of Dagger coin:

1. Now we have two important files with information about your wallet - wallet.dat and dnet_key.dat. I suggest to combine them to one wallet.dat.
Usually (in other cryptocurrencies) all privates information is stored only in one file - wallet.dat. So some people might copy/backup only wallet.dat and then delete/lose folder with dnet_key.dat. So, subsequently they lose all their coins.

2. Make it possible to see own hash rate in console version.

3. I think it is better to leave mining only in console version and make GUI-version as simple wallet, without mining. And remove fields "pool" and "count of mining threads".
About connection to nodes (pools) - it is possible to implement something like dynamic list of node-addresses. So after launch application tries to connect to one of the addresses from the list (something like load-balancing).

4. Make it possible to see transactions history in GUI-version.

5. Make address validation for transferring coins. I just managed to transfer 0.01 coin to address "12345". I don't know if the money is really transferred, but obviously it should be fixed.

most of these issues can be fixed by implementing a standard qt wallet....we may want to stand out from the crowd, but not that much...less than one third of the people in the world understand crypto at all....and even among that group, over half of them are scared shitless by a black-background window that you can only interact with by typing white letters...and again, I don't have the skills to make this happen...I just know that it needs to happen in order to reach the most people
Activity: 133
Merit: 7
You can try do all this things if you can, and I can help you. For now I am busy with big update of pools software. There is final testing so I stop my pool for several hours.
Is your pool 52.5.32.68:13654 ?
About changes - I'll PM you.
Activity: 68
impressive i barely got 60 with an i7 6600

I will try

looking for feedback

I like the background  Cheesy
Activity: 42

looking for feedback

Hi Daniel.

I have some suggestions and ideas for further improvement of Dagger coin:

1. Now we have two important files with information about your wallet - wallet.dat and dnet_key.dat. I suggest to combine them to one wallet.dat.
Usually (in other cryptocurrencies) all privates information is stored only in one file - wallet.dat. So some people might copy/backup only wallet.dat and then delete/lose folder with dnet_key.dat. So, subsequently they lose all their coins.

2. Make it possible to see own hash rate in console version.

3. I think it is better to leave mining only in console version and make GUI-version as simple wallet, without mining. And remove fields "pool" and "count of mining threads".
About connection to nodes (pools) - it is possible to implement something like dynamic list of node-addresses. So after launch application tries to connect to one of the addresses from the list (something like load-balancing).

4. Make it possible to see transactions history in GUI-version.

5. Make address validation for transferring coins. I just managed to transfer 0.01 coin to address "12345". I don't know if the money is really transferred, but obviously it should be fixed.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
I am mining at latest IP pool (199.16.31.96:3355 ) since 6 hours: no balance at all. Is it normal?

you mean 0? what does the "state" says?

I mean 0.000000. Is that pool ok or should I change? Which one to try?

"Connected to the mainnet pool. Mining ok. Normal operation."

I see the address but balance always stays at zero.

The only possibility I see is that pool did not find any blocks at all. Or may be your mining is set to 0 threads? Just go to different pool instead and look what happen.
Multiversum
Why do you avoid blockchain? It is an advantage for many currencies, for example, - LuckyToken. All transactions are displayed in the open registry (blockchain) therefore any player can make sure that all prizes are awarded in full concordance with lottery rules, instantly, without any third party
involvement. All payments are clearly displayed. The platform doesn’t require any state issued IDs, licenses, or registration for playing, your digital wallet is enough to participate.

I am developer. I understood that it is hard to develop a blockchain alone. We now build a great team and we will try do develop a real blockchain.

Keep up the good work!
Multiversum
What's the "random keys" the client asks at first run?

Just any characters used for generation of random data like your private keys.

Can I obtain my own private key after that?

Now mining is going very well. Hundreds of coins in 1 hour. Is there a max supply?

what are you mining with?

FX-8350 @4,66Ghz
What's the "random keys" the client asks at first run?

Just any characters used for generation of random data like your private keys.

Can I obtain my own private key after that?

Now mining is going very well. Hundreds of coins in 1 hour. Is there a max supply?

what are you mining with?
Activity: 84
Why do you avoid blockchain? It is an advantage for many currencies, for example, - LuckyToken. All transactions are displayed in the open registry (blockchain) therefore any player can make sure that all prizes are awarded in full concordance with lottery rules, instantly, without any third party
involvement. All payments are clearly displayed. The platform doesn’t require any state issued IDs, licenses, or registration for playing, your digital wallet is enough to participate.
Pages:
Jump to: