Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 202. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
I was interested about this coin because it made sense to mine with a PI.

On https://xmg.minerclaim.net top 15 users are making more than 300KH/s...Top 1 is making more than 1600..come on...

Please enforce the limits..

the way the network is give up with the raspberry pie

how it is it may take over 3 months or more to get 1xmg

i've had 450kh on for just over 12 hours now and have 0.25xmg unconfirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the whole idea about this coin is to be energy efficient and can be mined by everyone. At least if not with the Pi, with an i7. Can the developers express their views about this matter? thanks

its ment to be able to be mined with the raspberry pi, etc. but theses idiots that dont give a f**k and hashing at 1000 - 8000kh/s

they treating it like bitcoin hash the sh*t out of it!!

the pools need to grow balls and limit ppl hashrate by IP address or something!!

or even the developers hard code it in the wallets/miners, etc
Activity: 19

On https://xmg.minerclaim.net top 15 users are making more than 300KH/s...Top 1 is making more than 1600..come on...

i've had 450kh on for just over 12 hours now and have 0.25xmg unconfirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the whole idea about this coin is to be energy efficient and can be mined by everyone. At least if not with the Pi, with an i7. Can the developers express their views about this matter? thanks
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
when pump the price ? hard fork and wallet update is good but price is stable

We will start pumping the price in approx 6 hours. The network has to all be on board for this to work. Get ready!
Did I miss something? LOL.

Not my business ofc but even with normal to high block reward (20-40 XMG) you'll barely make more than 1-2 coins/month with 10-12 kh/s at current network/mining state, maybe it's better to invest $5-10/month simply buying coins?
You're right, I did this for three years and sold the last of my 300K XMG last month.
In the meantime selling high, buying back at low price.
I'm laughing about all these guys mining dust with their free energy.
I restarted buying back XMG now.  (but anxiously waiting for bigger price drop)

cant do anything with Bittrex right now cos the magi wallet is inactive.

as in the words of bittrex support
"XMG had a fork issue with a newer release so we are waiting for the network to stabilize before upgrading."

if the network keeps being like it is it may never happen

cant withdraw or deposit to it
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

Not my business ofc but even with normal to high block reward (20-40 XMG) you'll barely make more than 1-2 coins/month with 10-12 kh/s at current network/mining state, maybe it's better to invest $5-10/month simply buying coins?
You're right, I did this for three years and sold the last of my 300K XMG last month.
In the meantime selling high, buying back at low price.
I'm laughing about all these guys mining dust with their free energy.
I restarted buying back XMG now.  (but anxiously waiting for bigger price drop)
Activity: 32

Activity: 27
Payout for the past many mining blocks have all been around 0.3XMG...Is that not a little bit too low?

This happens from time to time.

Lots of new miners with a "Bitcoin" mentality of throw everything at it for more coins. which backfires on them.
They spend 8h-12h throwing more power at it to try and get more coin and they see the rewards dropping, so they throw more power at it... (they can't link the "cause and effect" of more power = less coin).

Until they realise they have wasted a wad-load of electricity costs for very little return and rage-quit in the forum... Cheesy

Give it a few hours to even things out. once the big hitters get bored and move on the numbers will get back to some sort of normal...

Man, I certainly hope so. Those people are really spoiling the mining field for everyone else.

Activity: 32
Well while block reward is such unbeliveable huge (0.4 XMG lol) I honestly don't bother about those "cheating" multi-MH/s guys Grin
I miss fall '17 when moderate CPU like 4770K was making up to 10-25 XMG/day sometimes Cry
it just proves even the limiting pools dont give a sh*t

pom.m-hash which is ment to be limited to 300kh

1       stormeye88    2,382kh

Thats nothing..I see one at 9.72MH with only 3 users...who gives a crap about speed.

being seeing that too since 6am my time. i seen 2 users totaling 15,000kh
before the fork (i do mean weeks before) everyone could easily earn and no whales,etc. Since the fork there is whales galore and earnings are dumped 10 hours of mining at 450kh is earned f**k all (0.129256). Ppl really want to screw the coin to nothingness/worthless dont they?

and to make things worse one of the forum users who said why should i care about ppl harhrates is currently doing 2000kh

Thats nothing..I see one at 9.72MH with only 3 users...who gives a crap about speed.

Activity: 28
Hello - I made a script to be even more easy to download, install, setup pool details and start mining. Enjoy it! https://github.com/dury10/xmgMinerInstaller This script was made for Raspberry Pi Using aarch64. If you don't have an 64 bit Os take a look at this article! https://steemit.com/raspberry/@dury10/how-to-install-64-bit-os-on-a-raspberry-pi-3-step-by-step-for-newbies

Great job!
Thanks!
I will come with new script soon for the Others Arch but i need to test them first.
Activity: 39

This is a good example :
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/block.dws?1607430.htm

The miner staked 1,073XMG
And they got 0.0070716 XMG

What is value out? I thought that's what they were being rewarded.
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
@realbagdad "But from what I understand, you send the coins to yourself to reset the age right? So you can stake a lot more than 3-5% by doing this repeatedly?"

no you have 10k you send yourself 10k you unlock your wallet for staking and it will put that 10k or 9800 as a stake and you cant send them anymore while you are staking them and than you have to wait until you have enough weight to begin staking. And 5% per year is something i never seen except maybe 2015.

Hmm I hope you're right then about it being negligible. I just see the PoS blocks and think they're massive, while we miners get a fraction of like 5-10 xmg at a time.

click on that large sums and see for yourself how many xmgs are are extracted per block for staking and how much can you get, it is little confusing when looking at sum thinking 125 or 500 are going for staking to someones wallet when its 0.0x at best

This is a good example :
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/block.dws?1607430.htm

The miner staked 1,073XMG
And they got 0.0070716 XMG
Activity: 93
@realbagdad "But from what I understand, you send the coins to yourself to reset the age right? So you can stake a lot more than 3-5% by doing this repeatedly?"

no you have 10k you send yourself 10k you unlock your wallet for staking and it will put that 10k or 9800 as a stake and you cant send them anymore while you are staking them and than you have to wait until you have enough weight to begin staking. And 5% per year is something i never seen except maybe 2015.

Hmm I hope you're right then about it being negligible. I just see the PoS blocks and think they're massive, while we miners get a fraction of like 5-10 xmg at a time.

click on that large sums and see for yourself how many xmgs are are extracted per block for staking and how much can you get, it is little confusing when looking at sum thinking 125 or 500 are going for staking to someones wallet when its 0.0x at best
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

staking rewards are not that good as you think per 10k you would get around 0.005 to 0.01 every day. When you have weight you get 2x 0.0x in one day than as your coins get older you get 1 0.00x and than it flops in few days and than you send your coins to yourself and wait hours or days before having the weight again...you need to have more like half mil to get stakes you imagining Smiley

Staking should give you 3%-5% over a year (better than most banks these days) like most things it ain't a get rich quick thing.. Wink

But from what I understand, you send the coins to yourself to reset the age right? So you can stake a lot more than 3-5% by doing this repeatedly?

Not really. the 3%-5% is spread over the year if you stake / reset and stake constantly...

Staking age of a coin is between 250 (I think?!?) and 10,000 confirmations.

So as long as you cycle your coins after they have staked and before they hit 10k you can stake with the original amount + what ever you go in the last stake (i.e. basic compound interest).

Once you get over 500 coins it's best to split them in to separate bundles which you can then stake.
Activity: 39

Activity: 5
2.1MH/s whale sitting in m-hash Undecided

*sigh*

The spike in magi's value brought a lot of new blood to the platform ... sadly, those individuals aren't able to read, or just refuse to do so. I understand the premise behind Magi, but if there is no way to enforce a speed limit then, by definition, there isn't a speed limit. I don't see why they just don't hardcode it into the platform that any shares from an account producing more than 400 kH/s are automatically forked into the ether. If you get zero, you'll be less likely to break rules.

Right now, these people know they can just pound the network like crazy, get the majority of what small amount falls out of the block, and still makes WAY more than the typical miner. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but the sweet spot refers to total network hashpower, meaning all the pools and solo miners combined. Which means the fact that Suprnova has the right not to have limits only serves to ruin all the other pool's payouts, even if they do abide by speed limits to optimize payouts. That isn't eco-friendly/equal by design, it is eco-friendly/equal in ideology only. It's like the ozone layer and CFCs, if you only ASK people to stop using CFCs and it's more profitable to ignore those rules, they do and will. There has to be some kind of penalty or freeze out, otherwise mining is only equal in spirit, not reality.

Kind of sours me on mining XMG altogether now, because it just isn't equal in application. Which, honestly, is really the only thing that sets Magi apart at this point.

I think we give it a week or so. If the energy used by the Mh/s whales is coming out of their pockets, it will become obvious that their mining is not profitable and they will leave or reduce their rate. 9 Mh/s is equal to 70-150 modern computers and their electricity cost to run is not negligible, probably between 30-100 USD depending on where they live and assuming each computer is using 100W --> 240 kWh/day. There was a post here earlier about some person spending $6.30/day or some amount like this, and that the person would leave since the mining is not profitable. For that person, they are probably using 20-40 kWh/day, which simply a huge unsustainable amount, as if the person is running 5-15 large computers for the sole purpose of mining. The nature of Magi is to irritate this person! I am running Magi on my 70W machine that I use for other purpose; the cost of this is about $0.24/day and it would be so even if I weren't mining. I believe the correction will slowly occur on its own.

If the whales are getting free energy, though, it gets more complicated. That is when there would be problem.
Jump to: