Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 210. (Read 2375617 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
pom.m-hash.com is updated to 1.4.5.3 and running...

@Historical, many thanks for years' running the m-hash pool.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!

So this didn't work.  Using the GUI (like you would in Windows, as I couldn't find a command line I was comfortable with), I moved all the files, sub-directories, etc. from the freshly downloaded magi-1453 folder into the original Magi folder.

I then tried to start the service but it wouldn't work.  I renamed the existing .Magi folder - the one that contains the block chain, wallet.dat etc. and ran the service again - a new .Magi folder was created!  

However it was unable to come online as there was no user information. So I made a new magi.conf file and restated the service and it seems to be active.  HOWEVER, each time I do a 'magid getinfo' I get a reply that it's unable to connect to the server. I'll give it a little while to catchup with the block chain from yesterday, however I'm worried there's still more to do.

odroid@odroid:~$ magid getinfo
error: couldn't connect to server

Hope you get it up & running; it takes time to load up the chain, then you'll be able to check status.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
I've compiled the new wallet version and all is running fine. Thanks Magi team for all your work today! Smiley
Thanks for your words! Magi really appriciate all support & patience from our awesome Magi community. Together we can reach huge goals!
legendary
$MAGI should worth 20$ by now. WTF? Other ALTS Mooning
No rush amigo. Magi will have a awesome 2018. Check again 31 dec 2018!👌
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
$MAGI should worth 20$ by now. WTF? Other ALTS Mooning
Activity: 13
I've compiled the new wallet version and all is running fine. Thanks Magi team for all your work today! Smiley
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
Our is running as expected. No issues to report pool running fine.

Thanks for the updated wallet.
legendary
Thanks for the update Historical 👌
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
xpoolx is overloaded...
Activity: 39
Don't get your hopes up until the blocks are confirmed. Anyone know how many blocks to confirm on cryptotastic?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Great to hear that everything is coming back online - looks like the magi train will be going full steam again - and has picked up plenty of passengers on the way! Happy mining!
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
https://xmg.minerclaim.net is also up and running. it had a short crash earlier but that was fixed quite fast....
have fun
Activity: 268
Merit: 252
legendary
If I understand correctly, downloading block-chain data (which is a 1,3 GB file) is not necessary. One can just  (1)  backup the file wallet.dat, (2) install the new m-wallet  leaving the old folder Magi unchanged (3) open the new m-wallet and wait until it syncs.

Is this correct? Is the old block-chain folder stored in the Magi folder still usable? Will it sync correctly?  Thanks

Yes, NOT necessary to redownload chain data.

Thank you very much! The developers of this coin are very active!

Another question: I tried to withdraw my MAGI from my Cryptopedia MAGI account.  It is not possible. Cryptopedia displays an error message saying that the blockchain of this coin is in maintenance (at the request of the developers). Will this be fixed soon? I would like to bring my MAGI in my wallet to start minting.

Thanks!
Cryptopia received message from Magi team. Hope wallets are updated soon.
legendary
Anyone mining on minerclaim.net? Why we are getting i guess orphaned blocks (actual shares - 0, no coins added to the balance)?

Minerclaim will respond on this
Activity: 56
Anyone mining on minerclaim.net? Why we are getting i guess orphaned blocks (actual shares - 0, no coins added to the balance)?

Equally the same thing happens to me, but it must be because we are just beginning everything again, for sure everything is gradually rearranged as time passes.
Activity: 25
It is compatible with the prior version so you don't remove except running the latest. You can also download binaries.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just want to make sure I understand completey.

When I initally compiled v1.4.5.2, I used git clone https://github.com/magi-project/magi/ to obtain the files.  Now, I know that if I try and do that now, the process will stop/fail since the 'magi' folder already exists.

So, I have made a new folder 'magi-1453' and used git clone to get the new files into there. Are you saying that I just need to copy and replace the files from 'magi-1453' into 'magi' and I should be good to go? I don't need to reconfigure as a service or anything?

What about the files  in ./magi which were created when the magid daemon was first run? Can these all remain the same?

You can go to old folder and do git pull. .magi is just fine, not necessary touch any thing.

So this didn't work.  Using the GUI (like you would in Windows, as I couldn't find a command line I was comfortable with), I moved all the files, sub-directories, etc. from the freshly downloaded magi-1453 folder into the original Magi folder.

I then tried to start the service but it wouldn't work.  I renamed the existing .Magi folder - the one that contains the block chain, wallet.dat etc. and ran the service again - a new .Magi folder was created!  

However it was unable to come online as there was no user information. So I made a new magi.conf file and restated the service and it seems to be active.  HOWEVER, each time I do a 'magid getinfo' I get a reply that it's unable to connect to the server. I'll give it a little while to catchup with the block chain from yesterday, however I'm worried there's still more to do.

odroid@odroid:~$ magid getinfo
error: couldn't connect to server

If I understand correctly, downloading block-chain data (which is a 1,3 GB file) is not necessary. One can just  (1)  backup the file wallet.dat, (2) install the new m-wallet  leaving the old folder Magi unchanged (3) open the new m-wallet and wait until it syncs.

Is this correct? Is the old block-chain folder stored in the Magi folder still usable? Will it sync correctly?  Thanks

Another question: I tried to withdraw my MAGI from my Cryptopedia MAGI account.  It is not possible. Cryptopedia displays an error message saying that the blockchain of this coin is in maintenance (at the request of the developers). Will this be fixed soon? I would like to bring my MAGI in my wallet to start minting.

Thanks!

Same here. Maybe after the recent blocks show confirmation the devs can get that maintenance over with.
Activity: 7

Thanks!
when pump the price ? hard fork and wallet update is good but price is stable

We will start pumping the price in approx 6 hours. The network has to all be on board for this to work. Get ready!
Jump to: