Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 318. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 106
omg 0,55xmg x block  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry very very hard
3 days very hard because?
same  NET hashrate, same amount of miners
Can someone explain me ... thanks

There are people with huge hashrates increasing net hashrate resulting to lower mining amounts. What they get is 90% x 0.5 = Nothing!
They don't understand (yet) that if they lower their hashrate by 95% they will get more... and the rest hashrate can be re-directed mining a different coin.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
omg 0,55xmg x block  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry very very hard
3 days very hard because?
same  NET hashrate, same amount of miners
Can someone explain me ... thanks
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
xmgpool brief Maintenance
Sep-28-2017 10:00 UTC           6:00 EDT

Should be a short maintenance. The pool will auto-start after the reboot. Just tested the auto-start script while the reward is almost zero now.

Also I just temporarily lower luckypool.ml fee to 0.5% till this weekend. Most of the users in xmgpool are copied to luckypool. You can use the same worker to connect to the luckypool. But you need to login to make sure everything is correct. That's one option for xmgpool user during the short maintenance.

Welcome to  luckypool.ml and enjoy 0.5% fee till this weekend!  Grin

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
i was amazed to see some people mining at 2mh/s until recently i saw 3 of them mining over 5mh/s, for a while there was some miner with over 10mh/s....

anyway i see network hasrate drop by almost 30mh/s and yet the reward getting lower and lower, now at 0.55 XMG per block, too bad, small fish like us has no chance. wondering if those mining over 5mh/s have free electricity...

Could be people utilizing work place pc's.  One fellow on here a few weeks ago talked about using his "legal botnet"  for mining.

They dont seem to realize that the harder they push the less they get.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
i was amazed to see some people mining at 2mh/s until recently i saw 3 of them mining over 5mh/s, for a while there was some miner with over 10mh/s....

anyway i see network hasrate drop by almost 30mh/s and yet the reward getting lower and lower, now at 0.55 XMG per block, too bad, small fish like us has no chance. wondering if those mining over 5mh/s have free electricity...
Activity: 94
This coin start maning supercomputer? Cheesy
What's with the reward for the unit? Can someone explain why it's at the bottom for a couple of days already?  Undecided

High network hashrate lowers the block rewards.
Activity: 588
Merit: 199
This coin start maning supercomputer? Cheesy
What's with the reward for the unit? Can someone explain why it's at the bottom for a couple of days already?  Undecided
Activity: 476
alright that all sounds reasonable enough. i hope it won't be needed anymore in the next update and i hope that it can be left out. doesn't seem like a 2017 way to solve this kind of thing.
despite that, i can imagine it to be a very effective way.

It's not a 2017 way of solving it. The code base, which also includes this with irc, is from ~2014 and also based on bitcoin source from that time.

I belive dev is working on migration to a newer base but it takes time and more urgent issues happened and needed to be handled.
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
alright that all sounds reasonable enough. i hope it won't be needed anymore in the next update and i hope that it can be left out. doesn't seem like a 2017 way to solve this kind of thing.
despite that, i can imagine it to be a very effective way.
Activity: 181
when starting the magi wallet, it uses an online service to check your IP + nationality.
Trojans most likely use the same service and thus this part got added to anti-virus software as being "suspicious".
some anti-virus tools will not take anything else into consideration and will just block the whole thing.

Sadly this is really a trojan

i've tried multiple altcoins forked from similar bitcoin version and they dont express same behaviour in virustotal
did you use the magi wallet that is on the first post? i suggest you download the compiled one from there if you didn't.

edit:
i just checked the sha256 hash of the wallet i use, it's the same as yours. strange.
You mean you don't have that issue deztroyr1?
I don't receive a message from virusscanner.

AV cries about the IP check that is built in. apart of that it works fine. just now i checked for suspicious connections but all seems fine.
dunno what 62.210.131.147:6667 does. other coins connect to this ip as well.

i don't think there's a trojan. obfuscated code might be flipping out virustotal
Thanks for the fast reply. So its all ok. Good thing!

well I've checked a bit deeper now to see what 62.210.131.147:6667 does.
your magi wallet will actually connect to an IRC server and join channels.

Code:
Internet Relay Chat........
    .......    Trailer: End of /WHO list.

some anti-virus software detect an IRC bot. The above code proves that the magi wallet in fact contains an IRC bot. this does not mean that this is dangerous for you. but obviously your computer could be used for automated illegal activities.

someone better come up with a good reason for this IRC bot.

Antivirus definition updates from many a/v vendors today are flagging several wallets and miners as trojans or malware and all sorts of different names - technically this is correct and always has been because this code "can" be used maliciously but for those of us who have been doing this for a while, we call it a false flag detection.  

We (I) could be wrong and there could be some nasty code there that we've missed but as of now I don't see that happening.  Unfortunately, the bright bold warning from many a/v programs is enough to deter the majority of users and rightfully so.

The IRC code in many wallets does introduce vulnerabilities to the system and can be used maliciously, I believe this was a tool for discovering nodes, peers, and IP's - the problem with that is that it works both ways and you are no longer incognito because your IP is also discoverable.  It's more complicated than that but that is enough to be flagged right there.

Some coin devs have been making wallets without the IRC code in order to not get flagged by a/v software as being malicious, maybe Joe can create a separate wallet for us without that code?  I'm not a dev so I have no idea what is involved in this but I have seen other devs do this in a matter of a day or two and going forward I think this would be a smart move - security and safety first!

In the meantime, I'm using the wallet without issue but I do not allow it to run 24/7.

(Virkol)
Activity: 476
Activity: 490
Merit: 256

This kind of code is (was) usually used to find other peers.
when starting the magi wallet, it uses an online service to check your IP + nationality.
Trojans most likely use the same service and thus this part got added to anti-virus software as being "suspicious".
some anti-virus tools will not take anything else into consideration and will just block the whole thing.

i've tried multiple altcoins forked from similar bitcoin version and they dont express same behaviour in virustotal
did you use the magi wallet that is on the first post? i suggest you download the compiled one from there if you didn't.

edit:
i just checked the sha256 hash of the wallet i use, it's the same as yours. strange.

AV cries about the IP check that is built in. apart of that it works fine. just now i checked for suspicious connections but all seems fine.

i don't think there's a trojan. obfuscated code might be flipping out virustotal

well I've checked a bit deeper now to see what 62.210.131.147:6667 does.
your magi wallet will actually connect to an IRC server and join channels.

Code:
Internet Relay Chat
    Response: ehqs H :0  u8qCnLrmQNpehqs
        Command: ehqs
        Command parameters
            Parameter: H
        Trailer: 0  u8qCnLrmQNpehqs
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 x733903543 2602:ffc5:40::1:8e66 heron.heliacal.net x733903543 H :1  x733903543
        Prefix: irc.smutfairy.com
        Command: 352
        Command parameters
            Parameter: u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf
            Parameter: #magi00
            Parameter: x733903543
            Parameter: 2602:ffc5:40::1:8e66
            Parameter: heron.heliacal.net
            Parameter: x733903543
        Trailer: 1  x733903543
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 uB439v377K 178.236.243.65 irc.smutfairy.com uB439v377KbU31J H :0  uB439v377KbU31J
        Command parameters
            Parameter: uB439v377K
            Parameter: 178.236.243.65
            Parameter: irc.smutfairy.com
            Parameter: uB439v377KbU31J
        Trailer: 0  uB439v377KbU31J
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 u6sZGx8r9w 104.131.5.234 irc.smutfairy.com u6sZGx8r9w5Jgkb H :0  u6sZGx8r9w5Jgkb
        Command parameters
            Parameter: u6sZGx8r9w
            Parameter: 104.131.5.234
            Parameter: u6sZGx8r9w5Jgkb
        Trailer: 0  u6sZGx8r9w5Jgkb
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 x366806143 2001:41d0:1:f12c::1 heron.heliacal.net x366806143 H :1  x366806143
        Command parameters
            Parameter: x366806143
            Parameter: 2001:41d0:1:f12c::1
            Parameter: x366806143
        Trailer: 1  x366806143
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 x969207332 2001:41d0:a:5906:: heron.heliacal.net x969207332 H :1  x969207332
        Command parameters
            Parameter: x969207332
            Parameter: 2001:41d0:a:5906::
            Parameter: x969207332
        Trailer: 1  x969207332
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 x934999997 2001:41d0:1:f12c::1 heron.heliacal.net x934999997 H :1  x934999997
        Command parameters
            Parameter: x934999997
            Parameter: 2001:41d0:1:f12c::1
            Parameter: x934999997
        Trailer: 1  x934999997
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 u9R6xEEduB 149.202.164.113 irc.smutfairy.com u9R6xEEduBVWWnR H :0  u9R6xEEduBVWWnR
        Command parameters
            Parameter: u9R6xEEduB
            Parameter: 149.202.164.113
            Parameter: u9R6xEEduBVWWnR
        Trailer: 0  u9R6xEEduBVWWnR
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 u6tuXVk7io 104.237.4.26 irc.smutfairy.com u6tuXVk7io2geHk H :0  u6tuXVk7io2geHk
        Command parameters
            Parameter: u6tuXVk7io
            Parameter: 104.237.4.26
            Parameter: u6tuXVk7io2geHk
        Trailer: 0  u6tuXVk7io2geHk
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 x245772957 2607:5300:60:939c:: irc.smutfairy.com x245772957 H :0  x245772957
        Command parameters
            Parameter: x245772957
            Parameter: 2607:5300:60:939c::
            Parameter: x245772957
        Trailer: 0  x245772957
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 352 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 x797762364 vmi112773.contaboserver.net irc.smutfairy.com x797762364 H :0  x797762364
        Command parameters
            Parameter: x797762364
            Parameter: vmi112773.contaboserver.net
            Parameter: x797762364
        Trailer: 0  x797762364
    Response: :irc.smutfairy.com 315 u5jqNWQBfCC8HGf #magi00 :End of /WHO list.
        Command: 315
        Command parameters
        Trailer: End of /WHO list.

some anti-virus software detect an IRC bot. The above code proves that the magi wallet in fact contains an IRC bot. this does not mean that this is dangerous for you. but obviously your computer could be used for automated illegal activities.

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

edit:

edit:

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

edit:

edit:
Activity: 148

Activity: 148
Windows defender is finding m-wallet as a trojan! is this normal?

saw the same thing pop up on mine this morning. 

Are we sure it's a false positive?

Jump to: