Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 364. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 2
Thanks for the update Joe!

minerclaim also running on 1.4.3.1  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Main net update:

Updated the main source code (v1.4.3.1):

1) fix sync issue
2) protocol ver 71062

https://github.com/magi-project/magi

Protocol ver 71062 will get us to where once we get on the latest revisions, we'll disconnect all prior versions. Pls update to this version. I'm compiling binaries and will post links once available. 
Great work Joe. Will wait for the latest links also!
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
What's going on with magi.trasmamod.com?

I had like 200 coins there and now it's down.

No problem. Don't worry.
It was a power failure at 09:35 (GMT+2). And the UPS went out of power too.. But now everything is up and running as normal.
It is little difficult without power...

If it's anything, please let me know.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
What's going on with magi.trasmamod.com?

I had like 200 coins there and now it's down.
Activity: 616
Indeed good news for a Monday morning! Thank you Joe for making it happen.
Waiting also for the compiled binaries, safer than doing it myself.
Activity: 276
Shall we use connect= or addnode on this version now? I think addnode as this is final release right?
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
magi.altexplorer.xyz nomp pool upgraded to latest version  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Main net update:

1) fix sync issue
2) protocol ver 71062

Protocol ver 71062 will get us to where once we get on the latest revisions, we'll disconnect all prior versions. Pls update to this version. I'm compiling binaries and will post links once available. 

Great to hear, I'll wait for the binary version - I never managed to successfully compile a win64 binary for Magi
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I just set up a NOMP pool with MPOS as frontend. I also migrated all the accounts from xmgpool. Please check your account before mining. You can try the new pool at
xmg.luckypool.ml

stratum+tcp://xmg.luckypool.ml:3008            VarDiff: 4 (slow cpu 20kh/s)
stratum+tcp://xmg.luckypool.ml:3333          VarDiff: 32 (fast cpu 100kh/s)

luckypool detail transanctions

Tried auto payout and manual payout, no problem found.

Happy mining!

Pool has been added to https://poolinfo.systms.org/#pools
Main net update:

1) fix sync issue
2) protocol ver 71062

https://poolinfo.systms.org/#magi has been updated to latest version
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
Main net update:

1) fix sync issue
2) protocol ver 71062

Activity: 239
I just set up a NOMP pool with MPOS as frontend. I also migrated all the accounts from xmgpool. Please check your account before mining. You can try the new pool at
xmg.luckypool.ml

stratum+tcp://xmg.luckypool.ml:3008            VarDiff: 4 (slow cpu 20kh/s)
stratum+tcp://xmg.luckypool.ml:3333          VarDiff: 32 (fast cpu 100kh/s)

luckypool detail transanctions

Tried auto payout and manual payout, no problem found.

Happy mining!
Activity: 5

Yes, wallet version 1.4.3.0 is stable, working  properly. Final tests are being conducted and from what I know looks very promising. Expecting a release any moment.
It'll be interesting to follow Magi price after the exchanges will have wallets up to date.
[/quote]

When are we expecting the exchange wallets to be up to date?
Activity: 616
For the last 2 weeks, I've been "following" this thread, but since I don't have much deeper knowledge I wasn't reading every post.

Basicaly, is the wallet working now? Do we still have fork problems?
What's the last wallet version I should use?

Thanks, cheers.

Yes, wallet version 1.4.3.0 is stable, working  properly. Final tests are being conducted and from what I know looks very promising. Expecting a release any moment.
It'll be interesting to follow Magi price after the exchanges will have wallets up to date.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
For the last 2 weeks, I've been "following" this thread, but since I don't have much deeper knowledge I wasn't reading every post.

Basicaly, is the wallet working now? Do we still have fork problems?
What's the last wallet version I should use?

Thanks, cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
How many coins are needed for POW and POS?
Thanks
PoW = mining, no coins are needed.
PoS = staking, minimum coins 500.
Best is to use coin control to make blocks of 500 - 1000 coins for staking.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
How many coins are needed for POW and POS?

Thanks
Activity: 57
The test wallet checks blocks to make sure PoW and PoS following a pattern: 1) at least two PoS between PoW blocks, and 2) for any continuous five blocks contains at least one PoW block. When the above conditions are not satisfied, blocks come out at about every 15min. Blocks found before 15min is up will then be rejected, along with error "block violations".

The waiting time "15min" rule might be a concern when PoS blocks not coming out as expected; it would be necessary to rely on the PoS thing which is the main force in the future. By the time when the whole network is staking and PoS becomes a major force pushing forward the chain, we won't see the 15min rule. The 15min is somehow a random number I come up with, that was made to differ from the regular PoW block time (3min). Reducing the waiting time would recover things back to normal faster. 

Thanks all for the test in both PoW and PoS. I believe the chain moves as expected, and I don't see particular concerns, except for the block time, which is 3.17min by averaging the past 100 blocks at #1451764. The longer block time is mainly due to limited PoS blocks; the situation shall get changed once on the mainnet that has more in PoS staking.

I'll update the way that difficulty adjustment works by taking into account the "15min" rule. Once we're done that, we will make changes to the main source code. I hope we get it done in next week.

Pls let me know if you see a fork in test.

Thank you for the timely update
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Staking is fun!

Jump to: