Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Ybcoin will be launched on 0:00 June 29th, 2013 (GMT+8) - page 6. (Read 27388 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Maybe the website just accept china IP Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Where a client?  Smiley
no idea.  website went down 5 minutes before launch time.  FAIL

Honestly, what are you people expecting?

Go use your time jerking off, it will be better spent.
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Where a client?  Smiley
no idea.  website went down 5 minutes before launch time.  FAIL
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
Where a client?  Smiley
Best launch yet!
Activity: 196
So it's scrypt ? And GPU can mine ?
Activity: 238
I can host seeding node on my server if you wish
Activity: 280
so it's one hour till release. what about sources?
Peer review, no time for that .......
Activity: 238
so it's one hour till release. what about sources?
OP, any more info on this?  You can't possibly wait until launch time to release the binaries / source can you?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Also, YAC will be unminable by GPUs after the next N change.

Not really correct, I'm not sure why people have continued repeating that assumption.  It was mtrlt's modified (and unreleased) Reaper kernel that had a problem with N >= 8192.  That's not the kernel everyone else is mining with and has no connection with hanzac's OpenCL kernel.
Oh well, that statement was repeated so often i thought it was confirmed.  Lips sealed
So, will YAC eventually become unminable by GPU, e.g. when the miner needs too much memory? Or was that an unfounded rumour?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Activity: 224
How to read announcement:

"We now realize that YAK and CNC were both failures, and to make some quick money we figured that combining the word 'Chinese' with the botnet friendliness of YAK might be just what we need to make some BTC. Thank you for wasting electricity on our orphan throwing botnet monster of a scamcoin"

Activity: 347

Not really correct, I'm not sure why people have continued repeating that assumption.  It was mtrlt's modified (and unreleased) Reaper kernel that had a problem with N >= 8192.  That's not the kernel everyone else is mining with and has no connection with hanzac's OpenCL kernel.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Wow @ all the hate. At least it's not scrypt.  Tongue
Huh He litterally took the YAC source code, did a find and replace for YAC to YBC, and changed 1 line of code, to lower the block reward.

Where is the source?
Interesting.  Almost certainly not worth mining, but I would like to know more about it. 

PLEASE can you make the client & source available BEFORE the launch so that us linux users can at least have a chance of compiling it and working out any issues beforehand? 

Also interested to know what you are planning to do with this coin that will make it different from YAC?

Activity: 168
i'll have a look
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Huh He litterally took the YAC source code, did a find and replace for YAC to YBC, and changed 1 line of code, to lower the block reward.
Probably try an use the same merk and genesis as well lol
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Not that different from the coins you "support".
Pages:
Jump to: