Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 63. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 279
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 10:27:04 PM
It looks like after the huge rise and a little correction the price has stabilized at a very satisfying level. I wonder how price will evolve from now on.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 10:25:41 PM
I'll leave https://zero.suprnova.cc running, closing is not necessary anymore and fee is now 0 % Smiley

ocminer, I'm happy to hear that you are going to continue supporting Zero, towards its first birthday and beyond.
Happy New Year,
  Tearo
Activity: 213
January 04, 2018, 07:45:30 PM
Speaking of shovels and miners, just a comment to break the tension here;

I named my rig "Uncle Scrooge"

Activity: 213
January 04, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

Btw, tried mining on Suprnova but the miner program just stopped after a small time, even without overclock and 64 GB virtual memory (+64 gb RAM) for two Gtx 1080 ti.

Try the mod posted on page 4
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 04, 2018, 07:28:34 PM
Any bounties?  I can look at doing a Mac wallet.
Buy some zeros and create your own bounty ... there are wallets being built as we speak kindly to be donated to zero and the community.

I sell shovels and wheelbarrows. I don't sift for gold.
What does that even mean?

So the story goes:  during the gold rushes of the 19th century, you could either mine for gold... or sell shovels to the gold miners.

It means he's not looking to invest in Zero and the risk/rewards that come with it. He's looking for a job with payment for services rendered.
Activity: 38
January 04, 2018, 06:50:03 PM
Buy some zeros and create your own bounty ... there are wallets being built as we speak kindly to be donated to zero and the community.

So the story goes:  during the gold rushes of the 19th century, you could either mine for gold... or sell shovels to the gold miners.
Activity: 225
January 04, 2018, 06:11:44 PM
Considered investing here, the community take over could give a new hope for the coin. But the uncertanty of existing supply was too much of a risk for me.
Maybe when that is sorted il return to check it out again Smiley

Btw, tried mining on Suprnova but the miner program just stopped after a small time, even without overclock and 64 GB virtual memory (+64 gb RAM) for two Gtx 1080 ti.

Hi! There is a lot more hope for this coin than can be seen on the surface. There is no uncertainty that is simply a matter of perception. The amount of coins on the blockchain is as certain as boolean logic! The reporting of the amount of coins, however, there was a glitch on the block explorer due to improper implementation. That glitch resulted in a (wannabe) saboteur asking coin market cap to change the coin total to the wrong amount based on the wrong data that was published. This didn't effect the coin supply for a single nanosecond. It may have affected peoples perception, but that is just a passing moment. It's fixed now and cmc has been notified. It may require a moment for them to fix there screen. Still, same coins each day generated at the same rate as they were since Zero started. It's clockwork.
January 04, 2018, 06:08:35 PM
Hi @Demarsac and community,

thanks for reviving the project. I am interested in investing into it.
may you help me to understand the following point?

I couldn't figure out if ZER uses its only blockchain or has a "motherchain"?
How does the privacy mechanism work? the website states that its hard coded. does this mean you do not use any of the common protocols like zerocash, zerocoin, cryptonote?

Thanks!

Hi, a short and simple answer because re-explanation of the technology would only be redundant. You can google "zk-snarks" if you wish to know how the privacy technology works.

Zero is a stand alone coin not some silly ERC20 token requiring a "motherchain". Zero is one blockchain: ZERO. It is generated and secured by the Zero miners. Thanks for your interest!
January 04, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

January 04, 2018, 06:04:44 PM
Coinmarketcap total supply is wrong?

just noticed it too. a mistake or something like token burn which I missed?

This has been asked multiple times in the past.
Yes, coinmarketcap is wrong because the current zeroexplorer took over after the project had been practically abandoned by the previous managing team.
There are about 2 million coins (potentially) and the current team is planning to address this ambiguity regarding the coin supply.

It is wrong, it was wrong before. Now it is "worse wrong" .. before they listed a number that has a bit high but nowhere near as inaccurate as currently. I dont know if some joker thought it would be funny to re update cmc with extra wrong information but now its a problem. Its a problem because now it is so wrong it is misleading. To investors, etc.

This is no longer a simple block explorer problem because although gaining good value we ranking system on cmc is screwed. I suppose someone thought it funny to report wrong information to cmc. Really it will not have the intended affect the value will go up if anything. However its not fair fo anyone. I am speaking to everyone here not just in reply.

Congratulations zero we are on the rise again.

komodomining: why are all of your posts red? Its really annoying and sure doesnt cause one any desire to read the words

Red and all capitals? Really bro get over yourself. Nobodies words are that important especially when its the same REDundant bs youve pozted oh so many times. Hey dont get me wrong i dont think of myself as the thread police by any means. It is simply a matter of respect and it looks to me like you think this board is your personal advertising space. It is not. This is the community thread for discussion about zero. I realize you have been here longer than I, running your pool and for that I thank you. However some posts that are not red copy and paste one post 50 times across the entire thread would be seen as actual contribution. Arguably running a mining pool can be seen as contributing to the self interests only. Quests for profit. The same old story. We need the mining pools I know this. What a lovely world it would be if people worked together for a COMMON goal. That would be the prosperity of zero not one pool or the next. Honeslty i hope there are so many pools for zero to open that people dont see running a pool as personal gain but thats probably wishful thinking.

what's wrong ?
first of all post are not rendundant as you can read i open not only pool but servers to decentralize and extend zero coin daemon! and give possibility to ASIA and USA to join zero with low latency and and let people know earlier!
Sure you have my server on you conf! right?
Then, when i have you join ZERO?? I join zero since start and you don't know the work made on this coin.
Again, it's not a personal gain because i set pool at 0% invest my time and my money on it.

You talk about community, well what is your contribution on ZERO @awill333 ??

Hi komodomining, let me start by saying that I do not wish to engage you in an unfriendly interaction. we can all be friends here! maybe my communication seems rude. if so, I apologize. My request was just do "take it easy" on all that red. That's all. It is the perception of this one (me) that posts like that turn the board into what looks like a graffiti wall. Perhaps my comments are out line, I am more than willing to acknowledge this happens.

Thanks for all of your work !!! We are very grateful !!!

That said, this is not a competition to see who is the most "community" and I don't wish to make public (nor could I because it is incomprehensible on the physical plane) all that I have contributed to Zero. Let me just say that I am a very magickal being and Zero has behind it now the magic of my Spirits. Watching Zero 10X after I showed up is no coincidence. ahem. I don't wish to take credit for any of that because it is not about Ego. It is about winning, for everyone.

So I will be here as I am, with attempts to streamline and hone always and always to pour good intentions and powerful magick into this ecosystem. I dont need to say anything to defend myself regarding my contributions, I am simply sharing with you so you have at least some kind of lens into the reality of another.

Besides that, I spend my entire savings on Zero and that was just the start of the magic. Aho!

Blessed be and be well my friend.
Activity: 38
January 04, 2018, 03:02:01 PM

Activity: 2
January 04, 2018, 10:27:37 AM
Hi @Demarsac and community,

thanks for reviving the project. I am interested in investing into it.
may you help me to understand the following point?

I couldn't figure out if ZER uses its only blockchain or has a "motherchain"?
How does the privacy mechanism work? the website states that its hard coded. does this mean you do not use any of the common protocols like zerocash, zerocoin, cryptonote?

Thanks!
Activity: 156
January 04, 2018, 09:13:45 AM
Coinmarketcap total supply is wrong?

just noticed it too. a mistake or something like token burn which I missed?

This has been asked multiple times in the past.
Yes, coinmarketcap is wrong because the current zeroexplorer took over after the project had been practically abandoned by the previous managing team.
There are about 2 million coins (potentially) and the current team is planning to address this ambiguity regarding the coin supply.

It is wrong, it was wrong before. Now it is "worse wrong" .. before they listed a number that has a bit high but nowhere near as inaccurate as currently. I dont know if some joker thought it would be funny to re update cmc with extra wrong information but now its a problem. Its a problem because now it is so wrong it is misleading. To investors, etc.

This is no longer a simple block explorer problem because although gaining good value we ranking system on cmc is screwed. I suppose someone thought it funny to report wrong information to cmc. Really it will not have the intended affect the value will go up if anything. However its not fair fo anyone. I am speaking to everyone here not just in reply.

Congratulations zero we are on the rise again.

komodomining: why are all of your posts red? Its really annoying and sure doesnt cause one any desire to read the words

Red and all capitals? Really bro get over yourself. Nobodies words are that important especially when its the same REDundant bs youve pozted oh so many times. Hey dont get me wrong i dont think of myself as the thread police by any means. It is simply a matter of respect and it looks to me like you think this board is your personal advertising space. It is not. This is the community thread for discussion about zero. I realize you have been here longer than I, running your pool and for that I thank you. However some posts that are not red copy and paste one post 50 times across the entire thread would be seen as actual contribution. Arguably running a mining pool can be seen as contributing to the self interests only. Quests for profit. The same old story. We need the mining pools I know this. What a lovely world it would be if people worked together for a COMMON goal. That would be the prosperity of zero not one pool or the next. Honeslty i hope there are so many pools for zero to open that people dont see running a pool as personal gain but thats probably wishful thinking.

what's wrong ?
first of all post are not rendundant as you can read i open not only pool but servers to decentralize and extend zero coin daemon! and give possibility to ASIA and USA to join zero with low latency and and let people know earlier!
Sure you have my server on you conf! right?
Then, when i have you join ZERO?? I join zero since start and you don't know the work made on this coin.
Again, it's not a personal gain because i set pool at 0% invest my time and my money on it.

You talk about community, well what is your contribution on ZERO @awill333 ??

Activity: 462
Merit: 118
January 04, 2018, 08:20:39 AM
Considered investing here, the community take over could give a new hope for the coin. But the uncertanty of existing supply was too much of a risk for me.
Maybe when that is sorted il return to check it out again Smiley

Activity: 6
January 04, 2018, 04:09:48 AM
How can you help?

Run ZERO node
Help with development, testing or marketing
Help other users
Donate: t1gUHkWqcC9ruk6iGkeDKnxtPAsrgm8AGVt

Hi all,

Any marketing equipment and materiel that you can supply in advance appreciated.

Tomorrow I am heading to the front lines, where I can find my suppliers.  There, I will approach and tackle one, pry his mouth open with my hands, then (I wish I had a hand), pour one bitcoin fraction and five zero coins down his throat. 

After adjusting one supplier's attitude with this method, I will proceed to another, until my choke count is five. Estimated field time is five days. Though, I may radio in for backup marketing support.

Lively imagination aside, it will require a simplified instruction set for business people to follow. Any prior work you guy's have would be helpful, or I will just take my Comp Sci degree and wade through this forum, until enough direction can be found to make up a set.
Activity: 6
January 04, 2018, 03:34:16 AM
Two quite technical but interesting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdx-pqJg4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qOj9ap6RM

So as far as In understand, zcash and its improved version, zero, ensure transaction anonymity whereas bitcoin doesn't.

This means zero has a huge potential.

I wonder though what's going on with all those other altcoins that recently emerged and are actually enjoying a huge price and marketcap inflation.
They claim to protect anonymity too. What is the truth? What is really going on? Or is it all some market game driven by people's ambition to become rich?
How are governments going to react? All this money, where is it coming from? Is it a new bubble?

I legitimately have no idea what's going on...

There are many protocols to mask transactions: cryptocurrency tumblers and coinjoin, cryptonote and ring signatures, zerocoin (zcoin), zerocash (zcash). Each has its pros and cons, zerocash is the protocol that has a high mathematical complexity and leads few people to understand it, and the new version of zcash brings an improvement of the protocol with the codename "Sapling", for info: https://z.cash/blog/cultivating-sapling-faster-zksnarks.html . Now, honestly and objectively speaking, any cryptocurrency is just a way to speculate and earn, it's an iniquitous system where those with more money can have more computing power and make more money or directly buy and condition the market. In a society where there is not a certain degree of culture and respect for all by all there can not be a fair system if there is no control by an authority that guarantees fairness, and cryptocurrency is not controlled. The crypto coins are a start of something but for now they are just speculation. Do you want a fair coin?, be fair, and to finish, zero is derived from zcash that has the best cryptographic development team with the best cryptographers and scientists, now it is in the zero team to build something around this and the basis for something different there are. I can only wish a good job for development team and all of you for every contribution. Sorry for my bad english.

It all began when I caught the crypto bug--this addictive sickness whereby my days were filled with crypto dreams of riches and salvation, fully supported by many youtube cryptocurrency and bitcoin evangelists that became wealthy from the year-long run up of all cryptocurrencies.   Chasing bitcoin video after video, elevated in front of the computer, with unstoppable energy, and acutely alert I soaked up everything in this to-be monument, but beginning ground floor opportunity.

Honestly, it had a mild beginning, when signing up for a free bitcoin wallet on the internet and not thinking much of it.   Then, spending several hours watching beginner tutorials on how to properly load up your computer with free (donations accepted) cryptography software that was safe from hackers, and with this software that the computer operator would gain freedom from government eyes and enter the modern world of transferring money directly from person to person, with no bank fees or oversight. At this point I was hooked and my life would never be the same.

But with cryptocurrency in its infancy, growing pains are expected. I recall that in my early days of venturing out on my own with a new business and being too timid to call on new people, I joined a barter club with barter "dollars"-- begun 20 years earlier by a grandson of a famous banker. In his case, with his customer network of believing business members that had paid in one-for-one to gain barter dollars, they were left with little because the grandson later flooded the barter system (a few years prior to my joining) with so many additional barter dollars (via his computer that tallied the accounts) that he caused inflation such that the mismatch to the fiat currency (dollar) became laughable and trading voluntarily ceased by most members, their accounts aging idle, growth diminished.

Not to be dismayed by the poor response from the members I visited, my expensive loss from a worthless buy-in, and also never a quitter, I found a second, better managed barter exchange organization, and (even though it required me to travel further to the business network), I was generally satisfied by the results and did my part to be a good member.

Many members required a portion of a purchase of their wares/services in cash and a portion in trade--or "barter dollars." This 50/50 method tended to put the brakes on zealous buying members with fat barter wallets, reducing their retail-price transaction size, thus resulting in a more palatable cash-flows/barter-dollar-flows for selling merchants. 

Conversely, my "true" barter transactions were executed severely in full barter dollars, though difficult to stomach as I plunked down my precious cash (purchasing items on my bill-of-materials) to proceed with the barter sale to my customer.  To keep a better cash-flows balance in my business I later limited the hungry barter members sales by reducing my "barter exchange" product offering from my full line of products.

Later on, after my business bloomed, while "networking" at a cocktail business-card swap held in the local Federal Reserve building, I spotted a FED game in the lobby for visitors to play, whereby the participant could pull one lever to add/reduce liquidity to the monetary system, and a second lever to adjust interest rates up and down, based upon the game's fluctuation of the relative value of the dollar to other currencies and inflation, if my memory serves correct.  As you may have already guessed, all visitors lost the game.  The game ended either by piloting the dollar into a tailspin or its value climbed steeply, thus followed by a tailspin: Monetary tweaking is complex.

So with a journey in alternative currencies under my belt, (1) Where men that know better do wrong--banker's grandson initiated hyper-inflation; (2) A nobody performs relatively better (second barter network required a cash crutch placed atop non-discounted goods and services); and (3) It's not as easy it looks and no pilot (Crypto currency may lack monetary adjustment tools and an operator to implement them, subjecting it to wild gains and losses), I join the crusade for the future success and worldwide dominance of modern digital cryptocurrencies, with a visionary's view that includes a rocky and distressing path ahead.

That stated, I pledge full effort (in my specialization here within [tools]) to expand the vision, announce this new monetary entrant through time-proven product marketing strategies, and to assist in bringing forth the full feeling and power of a new era in currency freedom.

Respectfully Yours,

Green_coins_and_ham
Purveyor

Any suggestions appreciated.

I am seeking marketing input regarding using a premium on top of the zero coin market value, for my customer invoices.  The rationale for a premium can be seen in the quote above, using the barter exchange alternative currency model.

Ok, so below is a portion of the text from an invoice I sent prior to the holidays, to a prospective buyer.  The purchasing agent contacted me just prior to Christmas and said that they got approval to proceed, but payment is waiting until after everyone gets back--I have yet to hear from them.  The value is roughly USD2000.

Now, even though it only list bitcoin as the digital currency, I will begin to list zero as the privacy currency, beside bitcoin. In other words, only two flavors offered, open ledger big-name bitcoin, and zero for privacy.

Please note, for this particular invoice, it is for a product in my main product line, and perhaps the most popular product, and an inventory item. So, in taking the digital currency on this one--if that is in fact how the customer decides to proceed rather than fiat currency--it does not affect my cash flows in a meaningful way.

Importantly, I selected this prospective customer because they are located in a country that accepts bitcoin for daily purchases (albeit small). The country is Indonesia.  In my estimation, the is a likelihood that the customer has received bitcoin payments from their customers and has a stockpile.

Text from invoice submitted to Indonesia prospective customer:
Payment is either wire transfer USD, or bitcoin money, where the conversion is 1.15 x conversion rate at time of payment (15% above standard conversion rates). Online bitcoin payment amount generated upon customer request.

January 03, 2018, 05:54:05 PM
agreed this should be fixed quick because it can influence investment choices.

Exactly! And it is just poor form. I would like to apologize to anyone who may feel my communications are rude , i am a very blunt person, I say what I think , its not intended to be rude but we need some results on this problem because its escalated now to misinformation not just a glitch to be backburnered.

I know its not really a good plan to give the keys to "randoms" so maybe I will retract that statement. However, if the block explorer is written in PHP you can post a copy of it for my download and I can fix it for review before publication. If its not php I can still solve the problem in less than one day even if required learning something new. Very simple math. Very simple solve. There is no way the coins will ever be calculated by polling addresses due to (z) addresses, we know this. Thats not how zcash calculates their network either. The bottom line is that the simple solution i have proposed is to my knowledge the only way to get an accurate number. So why is this problem still looming?

Very grateful for everyones hard work. I am pouring energy into this network daily but my hands are tied to fix this problem . Respectfully requesting something to change so nobody is deceived. Thanks and good day!!

The Community was informed almost instantly about correct supply via Twitter
So people would not try to manipulate or speculate

I wish to believe that whoever sent this false information in CMC did not do it on purpose

Either way CMC is notified since some hours ago and also Block Explorer is fixed

DM

Thanks!! Thats great news and much appreciated. Of course we all know cmc will require a moment to update. Yeah we can expect increasing attempts to slow zero as it grows becoming more obvious each day success is inevitable. I dont think it was an accident who did misinform cmc but the petty nature of such actions is laughable .. and actually it seems the more resistance that is offered by competitors, the stronger zero will become. Thanks and good day
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
January 03, 2018, 03:59:44 PM
agreed this should be fixed quick because it can influence investment choices.

Exactly! And it is just poor form. I would like to apologize to anyone who may feel my communications are rude , i am a very blunt person, I say what I think , its not intended to be rude but we need some results on this problem because its escalated now to misinformation not just a glitch to be backburnered.

I know its not really a good plan to give the keys to "randoms" so maybe I will retract that statement. However, if the block explorer is written in PHP you can post a copy of it for my download and I can fix it for review before publication. If its not php I can still solve the problem in less than one day even if required learning something new. Very simple math. Very simple solve. There is no way the coins will ever be calculated by polling addresses due to (z) addresses, we know this. Thats not how zcash calculates their network either. The bottom line is that the simple solution i have proposed is to my knowledge the only way to get an accurate number. So why is this problem still looming?

Very grateful for everyones hard work. I am pouring energy into this network daily but my hands are tied to fix this problem . Respectfully requesting something to change so nobody is deceived. Thanks and good day!!

The Community was informed almost instantly about correct supply via Twitter
So people would not try to manipulate or speculate

I wish to believe that whoever sent this false information in CMC did not do it on purpose

Either way CMC is notified since some hours ago and also Block Explorer is fixed

DM
January 03, 2018, 03:12:05 PM
Any equihash coin seems to perform extaordinarily in the last few weeks. This one is absolutly crazy in performance. I need to look over the whitepaper
Yes I also noticed all those zksnarks coins going up... but zero has something special, community. Freedom to not get taxed founders fee or other relabelled fees imposed programatically. Intuitively the people know Zero represents something more. The changes are so far simple but the results may very well be liberation and not the repeat of another system of control and exploitation.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
January 03, 2018, 03:05:41 PM
Any equihash coin seems to perform extaordinarily in the last few weeks. This one is absolutly crazy in performance. I need to look over the whitepaper
Pages:
Jump to: