Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 65. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 02:10:43 PM
Just a quick note for all those ppl showing up asking for bounties while providing no credentials or validation, stop.
If you wish to help simply ask "how can I help" it sounds much more appealing then "can I have some free money for no reason". Zero is not a dispenser of free money for no reason. Miners pay out of pocket for power and gear to mine this coin. Zero did NOT have an ico. Therefor there is no pile of free money waiting to feed anyone who shows up asking. If you want to earn money with zero then stop asking for handouts, start buying zero with your own money!, and contribute where you can to make zero better. In this non-vampiric fashion you too can be abundant with zeros.
January 02, 2018, 01:23:10 PM
Some quite interesting facts/numbers from Cryptopia:

1) Zero's volume is about the same as Zcash's.
2) Someone just dumped 8000 zeros, zero plunged to 20,000 satoshi temporarily but then rose to previous levels.

Indeed interesting. Smiley
However, since it is a community driven project to get this coin flying, I think we need a bit more communication on how to progress. I have faith in Dema, but I feel like a lot is happening in the dark. Wink
Most should be happening out of public view else you have a coin built on fluff and hype like so many already. Zero is growing network strength and value, quite lovely right now. No need for hype or promises of timelines that may not be kept. Things get announced when unfurled and applicable its for the best. Zero is a new coin compared to many others and in my opinion is doing incredible for its age. Wave after wave of people will discover zero and zero will grow. It is just now starting to happen .. like a cartoon snowball rolling down a hill hah... after some time will have much greater momentum force gravity ....
January 02, 2018, 01:04:47 PM
You ALL know how much i like deadlines so...

Roadmap to be released till end of the week

Github Update also as Zero will be releasing a new version...

Stay tuned

DM

Awesome!!!! Good vibes
January 02, 2018, 01:03:58 PM

2) Someone just dumped 8000 zeros, zero plunged to 20,000 satoshi temporarily but then rose to previous levels.

However, since it is a community driven project to get this coin flying, I think we need a bit more communication on how to progress. I have faith in Dema, but I feel like a lot is happening in the dark. Wink

Strange things happening indeed... from zero volume to more volume than Zcash is insane... and dumping 8000 zeros in one shot is very weird as well.

Do they use the same Zcash protocol or do they use deepweb? And what was the reason for these dump of both?

Not sure what you mean "dump of both" but its easily obvious to see someone (another zk snark coin) hates zero and theyve been around since zero started. That means they bought those 8k coins very cheap and to dump them is no big loss. Especially when you are trading generated coins from your clone for them. These are common tacticts in this business. I am happy for the  folks who got blessed with those 8k zeros though for a good price! Onward and upward.

Zero does not route through tor by default its zksnarks zcash but one could route their wallet through tor or use vpn if they wished stronger privacy.
January 02, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

Strange things happening indeed... from zero volume to more volume than Zcash is insane... and dumping 8000 zeros in one shot is very weird as well.
I dont see any of this as strange more like expected. Have been watching feeble sabotage attempts on zero since i showed up. Nothing new in this biz. Zeros volume insane? Some may call it insane to mine for a boss who steals 20% of your profits off the top but others prefer enslavement I suppose.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 252
January 02, 2018, 12:16:10 PM

Do they use the same Zcash protocol or do they use deepweb? And what was the reason for these dump of both?
Activity: 279
Merit: 102
January 02, 2018, 12:12:04 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 272
January 02, 2018, 12:10:08 PM
You ALL know how much i like deadlines so...

Roadmap to be released till end of the week

Github Update also as Zero will be releasing a new version...

Stay tuned

DM
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
January 02, 2018, 12:08:41 PM
we need our tweeter to be filled on coinmarketcap , roadmap, and so one

Coinmarketcap has been notified about updates
They will update it as soon as possible

DM
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 11:41:43 AM
we need our tweeter to be filled on coinmarketcap , roadmap, and so one
Activity: 140
Merit: 22
January 02, 2018, 10:40:56 AM

Activity: 213
January 02, 2018, 06:53:07 AM

Activity: 6
January 02, 2018, 05:21:09 AM
Two quite technical but interesting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdx-pqJg4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qOj9ap6RM

So as far as I understand, zcash and its improved version, zero, ensure transaction anonymity whereas bitcoin doesn't.

This means zero has a huge potential.

I wonder though what's going on with all those other altcoins that recently emerged and are actually enjoying a huge price and marketcap inflation.
They claim to protect anonymity too. What is the truth? What is really going on? Or is it all some market game driven by people's ambition to become rich?
How are governments going to react? All this money, where is it coming from? Is it a new bubble?

I legitimately have no idea what's going on...

Very informative videos, and watched them in their entirety.  The first 30 minutes of the first link, and last few minutes of Q&A seemed to have good general content to describe the value of zero to those that use it for commerce, in relation to the risks of an open ledger like bitcoin.  Further, it seems like this technology will surpass bitcoin due to the bitcoin deficiencies.  Could be good for the website. Say, any bounty for marketing web page submissions that are accepted by those making decisions? (rejections certainly acceptable and unlimited revisions if its in the right direction).

January 01, 2018, 11:31:41 PM

Hi and glad you are showing inititiative to help move zero forward. Thank you. I have but one suggestion and that is to NOT call the coin "zero coins" because it will only lead to confusion and brand dilution. This is NOT zcoin so why would it be called that on reddit? That all needs correction.

The whole naming issue is quite a concern, at least for me, because of clarity and ambiguity issues.
If you google "zero currency", the first two entries are not related to zero. There is a site called zerocurrency.org that has nothing to do with zero.
Also, the word zero stands for a number and it causes confusion when used to denote a currency name.

I have also noticed what you say about the google-ing hah .. zero currency is some fake note in India they printed against corruption or whatnot (if I recall the read) . mostly for the benefit of the reader, here a tiny bit of background on their version of 'zero currency' .. one possibility is to create much more of a web presence (than they ever did) so as to gain rank over the topic. although it may be a slower process and still potentially yield a tiny bit of confusion, it is not unappealing. there are plenty of coins that have names confused with other topics, komodo is (one example) the previous one I looked at and in software there is "comodo" and also something else spelled with a k that involved computers. So that is far from an original name, how could it be, named after a predatory land mammal, anyway. the point is that eventually they have earned more a name for themselves. I believe that Zero can easily do the same. it's still so young and just getting the web presence (re)organized/established. the other zero currency thing is obviously not cryptocurrency Zero currency so perhaps the confusion would be minimal.

one thing is for sure that whichever branding Zero does choose some steps soon should be moving towards establishing a better (and search-able) web presence. the more original content that gets pushed to the zero page, the better. this can include things like usage guides for the software, the -cli tool help, etc. of course all rebranded with the appropriate name. more Zero original content Smiley

about the name and number sameness, this is something I haven't considered myself Smiley
Activity: 213
January 01, 2018, 11:09:40 PM

Hi and glad you are showing inititiative to help move zero forward. Thank you. I have but one suggestion and that is to NOT call the coin "zero coins" because it will only lead to confusion and brand dilution. This is NOT zcoin so why would it be called that on reddit? That all needs correction.

The whole naming issue is quite a concern, at least for me, because of clarity and ambiguity issues.
If you google "zero currency", the first two entries are not related to zero. There is a site called zerocurrency.org that has nothing to do with zero.
Also, the word zero stands for a number and it causes confusion when used to denote a currency name.
January 01, 2018, 10:34:37 PM
The new year for me was not start good. I just exchanged about 196 Zero for BTC on the Cryptopia, but I did not get Bitcoins in my account (I had 0.05979240 BTC before selling Zero and after sale I only have so much). Looks like I sold Zero for nothing. Now I do not have nor Zero nor Bitcoins. How is it possible ?

Hi, sounds very much like you should be more thoughtful of how many zeros after decimal when specifiying the acceptable price. You can easily give away thousands of zeros for nothing with a single click. The age of your account indicates that you already should  know exchanges are professional tools for trading and if not used appropriately can burn infinity funds either direction. If you check the order books you can see on the extreme sides theres plenty of parasites waiting to absorb coins from typo errors. such an error has nothing at all to do with zero or the exchange.
January 01, 2018, 09:53:58 PM
Happy New Years all.

Going into 2018 we need to start working together to clarify ZERO and what it stands for. At the moment, as new members join our community new platforms are emerging. These need to be clarified and condensed to direct all of our energies.

Firstly... we need to clarify the Name of this Coin... Is it ZERO, ZeroCoin or ZeroCurrency..

According to the websites, twitter and facebook this is coin is called ZeroCurrency. However, according to www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCurrency/ the reddit thread has now moved to www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoins/

I assumed this is because mr_lou_cifer and Zero-Community haven't been active on reddit so AhaGo took over. ZeroCoins does look very professional and I thank AhaGo for his efforts.

however, I think is must be made clear on reddit and on other platforms that they are pages for the cryptocurrency ZERO for clarity.

What I think would be helpful to the community would be to have something like the following put in the side bar for all social media pages:

BITCOINTALK

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.25778530 (NEW COMMUNITY TAKEOVER THREAD)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-zero-fork-of-zcash-with-harder-mining-params-1796036 (OLD)

REDDIT

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoins/ (NEW COMMUNITY TAKEOVER THREAD)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCurrency/ (OLD)

TWITTER

https://twitter.com/ZeroCurrency

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/zerocurrency/

TELEGRAM

https://t.me/zerocurrency

SLACK

https://join.slack.com/t/zero-currency/shared_invite/enQtMjg0MzA2Mjk5ODEwLWI4ZWQ4MDU1NjhiNTRhZTFiMTM4MTE2NzI0OGMwYmJkODVhNjRkZWJmYWRlYjMxZjg2YjE0ZGVkOGJiNzhlN2Y

January 01, 2018, 09:51:58 PM
Why is the ZERO price going down? Any ideas?

Why is the value of any crypto what it is? Any ideas?

You see such a question is absurd. Lists of ups and downs zero sky rockets then corrects then will climb again just like any successful coin. Kindly dont post questions like this, it serves no purpose other than to cause annoyance and counterproductivety.
Activity: 28
January 01, 2018, 08:15:34 PM
Why is the ZERO price going down? Any ideas?
Activity: 3
January 01, 2018, 07:22:39 PM
Nice community is growing. Congratulations!
Just was trying to send mail via roadmap page of http://zero-currency.com/ - please change the destination email address as for now it points to: [email protected] (parked web).

Thx

Pages:
Jump to: