Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params - page 63. (Read 131845 times)

Activity: 1419
Merit: 275
Community built, Privacy driven
I`m still mining it from the begining and sold only 10% of my earnings to cover elec. cost. Still belive in this coin but it was better when there were 30-40 of us mining, price was better and we have some attention on social networks.
Yes me also holding coins. Sad we can not restrict these multi gpu rigs miners. Would be good if that could be offered for mining.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
I`m still mining it from the begining and sold only 10% of my earnings to cover elec. cost. Still belive in this coin but it was better when there were 30-40 of us mining, price was better and we have some attention on social networks.
Was the price drop just a fix? For a moment I thought of 0.001 BTC  Undecided

Greedy and unscrupulous miners are in question. The price was good  whilst  some large and greedy miners   did not come to the network. Then they shot down price with its mass and ruthless sales . They only goal is immediate profit. So they kill coins , not allowing them to "grow up". Need to 8 Gb RAM GPU is a one time held out numerous dumpers. However, now is the end of it. Now  need to create a coin that requires 11 Gb RAM  Cool(not everyone NVIDIA 1080 Ti   Grin)
Well to me Zero was interesting mining and it was looking to be very promising. But than suddenly mining diff rocketed up because all those miners were looking for nice profit and as was writen before thay killed it. I hope that we can recover somehow and stabilise zero. Sad that there is no possibility that only few miners who star mining at begining would continue mining and the rest has no chance. Creating coin with 11gb memory req has no sense. Difficulty retarged is the way you need to go and restrict these multi gpu mining rigs connecting.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Greedy and unscrupulous miners are in question. The price was good  whilst  some large and greedy miners   did not come to the network. Then they shot down price with its mass and ruthless sales . They only goal is immediate profit. So they kill coins , not allowing them to "grow up". Need to 8 Gb RAM GPU is a one time held out numerous dumpers. However, now is the end of it. Now  need to create a coin that requires 11 Gb RAM  Cool(not everyone NVIDIA 1080 Ti   Grin)
It was you who was in the top ten leading miners in the pool, I saw your nickname.

But I'm not dumping, king (I'm not neither could  because it was my hashrate 52 Sol / s). It is was the beginning  (then it was little hashrate).King, do you think the 52 Sol / s some great hashrate Grin Grin Grin? I am tonight sold 1450 coins  when the price fell to only 0.0002, hell. I could sell it at a much higher price (0.0004-0.001 BTC), but it did not want. I wanted to price increases. However, when the dumpers screwed price then I sold the coins and left. Maybe I need to wait and lose this Grin? Dumpers are screwed price and this is the end, remember - end. Also, last month dev does not tell us "a" . I have so much experience that I know this end. I went, goodbye. Good luck.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !

It was you who was in the top ten leading miners in the pool, I saw your nickname.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Well I think that he abandoned it, since release no progress. Sad, Zero would have future if good team would retake it. But that is life of most coins here, release and few weeks after bye bye.

So if... isn't OpenSource? so anyOne could get it? meaning so anyone brave will take charge of coin?  Tongue
It is different from all its predecessors, both in the difficulty, as in the compensation or gain, are other parameters - suitable and increased for equipment with better computing capacity  Shocked
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
ZERO is fork of Zcash (Zcash is fork of Bitcoin). It has security of Bitcoin, privacy of Zcash and few other improvements. ZERO includes the best privacy and anonymity technology available today.

Goal of this fork is:
  • test completely different set of equihash parameters in the wild, chosen parameters: N=192, K=7
    • these parameters should target generally available hardware for mining
  • learn from it
WARNING: ZERO is completely EXPERIMENTAL piece of opensource software and is provided as is without any guarantees.
FAQ:
  • Is dev alive?
    • Yes
  • Is dev posting to the thread?
    • No
  • Is dev reading PMs?
    • Infrequently due to lot of spam

Take it or leave it.

Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
12ZAhA9cyvugdzobpVkBDTiNuNNH9pCvny
  Too many fork coin.Most of them turn to be Zreo.
  Keep looking.
Well I think that he abandoned it, since release no progress. Sad, Zero would have future if good team would retake it. But that is life of most coins here, release and few weeks after bye bye.
Where's dev? Trying to com without success, want to know some tech details and want the POOL to be add the OP list http://alvblock.com  Cheesy
It'd be wonderf
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I still can't run it on win10 Undecided
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
Was the price drop just a fix? For a moment I thought of 0.001 BTC  Undecided
Is this coin a complete clone of zcash? Without the developer stake? Is there anything else that sets it apart? Or is it just a quick copy to cash on zcash success?

Who knows.  Developer does not occur from 26.02.2017. and he is wrote only three messages. Probably the only copy for a quick earnings .
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
zcoin is definitely not a clone  Huh Please read up on zcoin it's a different concept although they have used the letter z to name the coin  Smiley

a right i see they are minted thx
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Is this coin a complete clone of zcash? Without the developer stake? Is there anything else that sets it apart? Or is it just a quick copy to cash on zcash success?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
zcoin is definitely not a clone  Huh Please read up on zcoin it's a different concept although they have used the letter z to name the coin  Smiley
Sad to see what happened to price of zero, we had nice price increase and now we are falling again down and diff increase that for me with few gpus there is no way to mine anything. Sad to say but dev could make also something to hold better diff with diff retarget..

how many zcash clones we have ?
zcoin
zclassic
komodo
zdash
zer

Please help to make list  Cry

thx

An important is profit and not the number of clones. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: