Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zimstake (ZS) - PURE POS - No IPO / PreMine - SHA-256 - page 4. (Read 152373 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
 I thought we had a member who agreed to fork to zerostake
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Striking out thus far with my individual search for a Dev, if it can assist anyone else I have made the offer of 1,000,000 PINK in addition to the in-thread ZS donation pledges from other members as compensation to a Dev for the successful completion of a fork, rebrand and wallet update.
legendary
I am having some issues connecting today with the irc. I think the main thing is to figure out whether or not to add 500k coins for development and possible asset purchases. We also need 3 more foundation/board members.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
now can someone post that irc channel? i can't remember where it was posted...
#zerostake on freenode
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
now can someone post that irc channel? i can't remember where it was posted...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Jus out of interest has anyone heard from sirius crypto?

I'm guessing he was burned by Gir just as bad or worse than us, likely moved on to other projects. 

If you want to try to contact him he is on twitter @SiriusCrypto

He aint been on there either for a while!!! Oh well I was wondering if he was around he might know another dev. To be honest I'm still quite shocked by CG actions. I'm sure that ppl in raw must know he just skipped out on zs. So how do you then trust him. Very baffling   Undecided

For gir ever replied to abandoning zs?  I saw on Twitter he's been trying to find paying gigs and joined raw

No for what ever reason he did not address the community.
Activity: 168

I'm guessing he was burned by Gir just as bad or worse than us, likely moved on to other projects. 

He aint been on there either for a while!!! Oh well I was wondering if he was around he might know another dev. To be honest I'm still quite shocked by CG actions. I'm sure that ppl in raw must know he just skipped out on zs. So how do you then trust him. Very baffling   Undecided

For gir ever replied to abandoning zs?  I saw on Twitter he's been trying to find paying gigs and joined raw
legendary
Activity: 1218
   Is the IRC setup? Would GMT 1700 be an OK time? I think It will probably be difficult for everybody to attend but just log on and put in your 2 cents err 2 zeros. I really think we need some development funds. I also think that backing the coin with some assets such as domain names, email addresses, other currencies, ect. could add some value. Those could be acquired fairly cheap with Community help and ideas.

1700 unfortunately doesn't work for me, anything from GMT 0 works for me
legendary
   Is the IRC setup? Would GMT 1700 be an OK time? I think It will probably be difficult for everybody to attend but just log on and put in your 2 cents err 2 zeros. I really think we need some development funds. I also think that backing the coin with some assets such as domain names, email addresses, other currencies, ect. could add some value. Those could be acquired fairly cheap with Community help and ideas.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
If you're talking the day after tomorrow, I can probably be present. My move is delayed anyway, but the day after that, I'm probably on the road Tongue

As for messing with the staking algorithm, my recommendation is to leave it completely alone. It works good, and it is adequate interest to keep interest.

Something that we might look into is Stake For Charity, which is a module in Hobonickels and Hyperstake that we could probably snag and incorporate with little trouble.

However, other than some rebranding, I don't think we need to mess much with the coin as it stands. Instead, I think any foundation formed should look heavily into promoting the coin as, well, currency for gaming and entertainment. Like for instance approach app developers and such as get them interested in taking zer0stake as payment for their apps, or getting some community members to develop games and such for Zer0stake.
Point taken. We have to think however about some development funds, we may count either with donations or we may increase the amount of coins available and use it for development and bounties. like I said in my previous post, not more than 500k coins.

As for the meeting on chat tomorrow to discuss this project, I will be available from 4pm CET.
Activity: 161
gooo zims!!! if i can help i am here.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Quick Update:

1. Will be putting a placeholder site in this week @ www.zerostake.com until we have firmed up coin details and know a little bit more about our future direction.

2. Have sent feelers out to some talented devs, nothing firm yet, couple of nibbles.  Hope to have something concrete on this front by Friday.  Like I said before if anyone else comes up with some good options here pls don't let my efforts sidetrack you, the more options we have the better.

3. I would love to serve on any foundation-type project in any capacity the community feels I could assist in bringing long-term viability and success to Zim\Zero.

Will have further updates on the dev search (success or fail) and other fronts (mainly branding) throughout the week.

-blue
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
If you're talking the day after tomorrow, I can probably be present. My move is delayed anyway, but the day after that, I'm probably on the road Tongue

As for messing with the staking algorithm, my recommendation is to leave it completely alone. It works good, and it is adequate interest to keep interest.

Something that we might look into is Stake For Charity, which is a module in Hobonickels and Hyperstake that we could probably snag and incorporate with little trouble.

However, other than some rebranding, I don't think we need to mess much with the coin as it stands. Instead, I think any foundation formed should look heavily into promoting the coin as, well, currency for gaming and entertainment. Like for instance approach app developers and such as get them interested in taking zer0stake as payment for their apps, or getting some community members to develop games and such for Zer0stake.
legendary
 I think that lowering the staking interest would be fine, considering that the sale of assets would be distributed to stakeholders.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
Ice cube when the coin is forked could new coins be added to fund the foundation? Or maybe a portion of staking goes to the foundation.Rather than relying on donations of few, everyone would pay a fair share.
Interesting question. With the current 3.92M coins in circulation we may think whether to increase the number of coins to say 4.5M and adjust the interest rate on staking.
Few options here: (1) reduce constant 12% to some step function, say 10% in the first year, 8% in the second, etc. up to achieving total of 6M coins, or (2) have non-linear staking function, the bigger the stake, the bigger the interest rate. Any comments?
legendary
 Ice cube when the coin is forked could new coins be added to fund the foundation? Or maybe a portion of staking goes to the foundation.Rather than relying on donations of few, everyone would pay a fair share.
legendary
Activity: 1218
  I would like to nominate the following for the Zimstake/Zerostake Foundation:
 crazywack
 icecube45
 bluewhackadoo
 Biomech
 jc12345

The above members have been the most active since CG left and also a senior members of Bitcointalk.

I appreciate that! But you have been active, and added a to so e good conversation. Your name should be up there too.

I second all these nominations.
Except mine... because it's actually illegal in a government setting to do so.. conflict of interest and all that shit
Pages:
Jump to: