Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zipcoin [ZIPC]- X13 PoW/PoS - NO Premine - 7 days PoW - Ninja - page 6. (Read 42960 times)

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
got a chance to check the computer my wallet was installed on.

I also had the Spoon folder with all the bad stuff in it.

I didn't seem to have the malicious process running though and none of my wallet names were changed.

Im on Win8

Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
Has any asked a mod to see if the original post had the malicious link (not that I really doubt it)?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
It's important for people to know. The original file exists and can be inspected. This may turn out to unfortunately be a new tactic.

- Release new coin with "special" wallet
- After 30 minutes change it to the clean wallet
- Wait a few days and watch a small group claim they had coins stolen
- The larger group will have the clean file and it will look like the small group of victims are just fudders
- Someone makes off with the stolen wallets of the victims
this is why u always have to check what u put on your PC
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
sorry took a while...here is what i believe to be the virus QT...

https://mega.co.nz/#!L1IBwTzB!sHUsuf3fLQ-PJrtScL7IZaT99DPNesSSrUfJ_ehFjkg

Thanks, I just tested this and it is the same thing that happened on my compromised PC. This was the original windows wallet that was posted. It starts with the ztor.exe process, and creates the C:/user/Appdata/local/spoon backdoor program.

Anyone in doubt should test this themselves on a vm or sandbox, DO NOT RUN THAT EXE ON YOUR NORMAL SYSTEM.

NP thanks for verify. Could some more people do this for credibility please?

I can't verify that URL referenced above was in the original post, but I can definitely verify that it drops malware:

Activity: 150
It's important for people to know. The original file exists and can be inspected. This may turn out to unfortunately be a new tactic.

- Release new coin with "special" wallet
- After 30 minutes change it to the clean wallet
- Wait a few days and watch a small group claim they had coins stolen
- The larger group will have the clean file and it will look like the small group of victims are just fudders
- Someone makes off with the stolen wallets of the victims
If you like i can send you the file i downloaded from the main source and then let you see for yourself how the virus works.
sure PM me
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
If you like i can send you the file i downloaded from the main source and then let you see for yourself how the virus works.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
OK so i closed my wallet and i opened it again and guess what my coins are still there wow how lucky am I like said i can find no virus so stop the FUD for cheap coins

LOL you OBVIOUSLY haven't read a thing so either you are indeed the DEV trying to buy time or your just ABSOLUTELY STUPID.

If you are safe you should be happy and carry as you are doing...we are not spreading fud we are just letting potential victims know!

AGAIN : if you downloaded the wallet as soon as it was released then your fucked like us that have posted. If you downloaded after the change you are fine.
Collectively we have posted enough proof to let people know so make your own mind up trade as you will.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I have no problem as well and I got 1795 Zipcoin`s in intrest today in my wallet...
It looks like some believe this coin is going to be good and want others to dump them to buy in cheap... Angry
OK so i closed my wallet and i opened it again and guess what my coins are still there wow how lucky am I like said i can find no virus so stop the FUD for cheap coins

Well its obvious its all been said pretty much. There was a virus in a link in the OP which the dev had up for a few hours. The people who downloaded this link had the trojan and lost coins. Then the dev changed link to a clean wallet so if you downloaded after this your clean. your looking into it too much if you think this is FUD go through all past accounts read my post I posted on Vertcoin the day it happened. This is no FUD. The coin might be fine NOW and the wallet might be fine now BUT there was a virus and has BEEN SHOWN HERE!

SO you can think it is FUD or believe what people have said here its upto you as investors
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
so u create a new account start FUD grow up OH i'm sorry your probably only 14yrs old  

I created this account only to post because I got robbed and wanted to share what happened and maybe prevent other people from getting robbed too, never really wanted to post on this forum.
To address why you still have your coins:

If you really dont believe it and want to watch your coins dissapear, download the malicious wallet, open it, come back in a few hours and watch your coins in your wallets disappear. You have only thrown around lies and baseless insults so its pretty clear what your intentions are.
OK here is a test wallet just for u OK i will close it and open it again just for u ok
http://i58.tinypic.com/zohz6f.png

ok you downloaded this one: https://mega.co.nz/#!L1IBwTzB!sHUsuf3fLQ-PJrtScL7IZaT99DPNesSSrUfJ_ehFjkg?

If you aren't lying now you have the backdoor on your computer located in this location  C:\USERS\youraccount\APPDATA\LOCAL\SPOON, in that SPOON folder are various files that are part of the backdoor, and you also have a ztor.exe process that handles this. Also you will noticed that your "wallet.dat" FOR OTHER COINS  have been changed to "voot.dat" "CloakCoin.dat". Why did you just post a screenshot of your zip wallet? The zip wallet qt launches the backdoor and puts it in that C:\USERS\youraccount\APPDATA\LOCAL\SPOON directory. You keep avoiding what I am saying and keep posting screenshots that have nothing to do with the virus.

I am almost 100% sure you are the dev and simply stalling however you can, but you should understand everyone can see through these cheap tricks. If you aren't then you need to learn how to read.

edit: rofl Donations? You really think you gonna bribe the people you just robbed? How about you send back all the coins back that you stole, and apologize.
the correct place to download the wallet from is from the ANN First page thats where i got mines from
Activity: 415
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13908-zipcoin-zip-information/

Download this antivirus program. superantivirus should find the 3 or 4 files can't remember now as been deleted from my system. I will check. but it got shot of my virus ok.
TO all FUD people i know u want cheap coins how about a donation would u like that. PM me
so u create a new account start FUD grow up OH i'm sorry your probably only 14yrs old  

I created this account only to post because I got robbed and wanted to share what happened and maybe prevent other people from getting robbed too, never really wanted to post on this forum.
To address why you still have your coins:

If you really dont believe it and want to watch your coins dissapear, download the malicious wallet, open it, come back in a few hours and watch your coins in your wallets disappear. You have only thrown around lies and baseless insults so its pretty clear what your intentions are.
OK here is a test wallet just for u OK i will close it and open it again just for u ok
Activity: 418
Elaborate plan for cheap coins IMHO. FUD starts at same time 7 BTC buy wall goes up at 997 . That wall is now 3.93 BTC and I would expect you will see a pump once that is gone.
]

well if you go through the posts you will see it's pretty much proven...let us know what the date of your qt is?

EDIT: also check this account it certainly wasn't created yesterday Smiley

My wallet coins August 3  how come i still have all my coins

not too sure at all...the infected one I have is on the same day but times at 14:28
Activity: 322
]

well if you go through the posts you will see it's pretty much proven...let us know what the date of your qt is?

My wallet coins August 3  how come i still have all my coins
Activity: 322
]

OK?
Pages:
Jump to: