Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zipcoin [ZIPC]- X13 PoW/PoS - NO Premine - 7 days PoW - Ninja - page 10. (Read 42960 times)

Activity: 415
Merit: 250
I realized that something tried to perform a man-in-the-middle attack on my remote desktop connection to the machine where I had the ZIPC wallet.
Careful, this might do a lot more than just steal wallets.

I'm actually kind of impressed.

LOL. I'm actually impressed with your abilities! Would you be kind enough to tell us how you figured it out, ace?

You get a big-ass warning message when the server's encryption key changes for some reason.
Doesn't take any abilities to notice other than the ability to read.

OK. This is a good warning. Seriously, are you sure this wallet was the cause?

Yes i tested it and ran the wallet only to watch the file being added to its installation folder. When the zipcoin wallet is shut down the file still sits there in the taskmanager running in memory waiting for your inputs.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Is there a link to a virustotal report that shows the qt wallet with the trojan?

Unfortunately I have formatted the infected PC. Didnt really want it hanging around my network with all the miners and other PC's

So you try to warn other people without any kind of proof except for your word? That's funny, even if this wallet actually contained a virus. What's your credibility?

I HAVEN'T  reformatted yet! I have deleted the files from the locals folder (and from the recycle bin) but I think the original QT I downloaded is still sat there in the bin. Fridge...was the original link you downloaded from mega just the QT and not zipped in a rar? If so I have that same QT because I can't seem to find a ZIP version of the wallet. If you need proof I could upload this or something not sure how dangerous it is for me/you guys. If there is any other way we could verify I wont be reformatting for a couple hours so we can prove this to the community
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I realized that something tried to perform a man-in-the-middle attack on my remote desktop connection to the machine where I had the ZIPC wallet.

LOL. I'm actually impressed with your abilities! Would you be kind enough to tell us how you figured it out, ace?

You get a big-ass warning message when the server's encryption key changes for some reason.

OK. This is a good warning. Seriously, are you sure this wallet was the cause?

I said something, not wallet.

Obviously I can't be 100% sure, but it changed on the next attempt to connect after I ran the wallet for the first time.
And the VM didn't run much else, no updates were installed, etc.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
Someone is buying cheap coins on Bittrex.. Pump will come soon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
We appreciate the warmth of the community. We have plans of implementing multiple layer block-chain features that we really think you'll enjoy. Our primary focus was a smooth POW launch and were past that and time to release developments. Thanks for the support, and enjoy what ZIP Coin will offer  Wink

here is the link u can see for yourself
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/62815d83638092b36525c80c8fec64c9cbaece6c86ab2d0ce0d4ebf2cba32d6c/analysis/

Also to thank you all we will be doubling the zipcoin you send to our address
For the next 5 people that send first!!!
zip add
ZQYdmnYhjJub4PEhwVCnJKqxLX81VKAn7r

bitcoinadd
1GB9F6gQ5BiRerfWb48WLqw9djCu2Vqvtv

I really hope you acknowledge this HAS happened?
you have changed the link now! :S so ofcourse there wont show a virus. I DID a virus check and there wasn't one when I installed this! but that same day your trojan did its thing...

THATS SCAM - THATS NOT DEV!!! DONT SEND ANY COINS!!!!
Activity: 252
We appreciate the warmth of the community. We have plans of implementing multiple layer block-chain features that we really think you'll enjoy. Our primary focus was a smooth POW launch and were past that and time to release developments. Thanks for the support, and enjoy what ZIP Coin will offer  Wink

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/62815d83638092b36525c80c8fec64c9cbaece6c86ab2d0ce0d4ebf2cba32d6c/analysis/

zip add

bitcoinadd

You fucking scumbag, this isnt the wallet you uploaded 2 days ago.

zip add

bitcoinadd

I really hope you acknowledge this HAS happened?
you have changed the link now! :S so ofcourse there wont show a virus. I DID a virus check and there wasn't one when I installed this! but that same day your trojan did its thing...
Activity: 3

zip add

bitcoinadd
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
I guess the OP was giving quality advice when they said "Zip your wallet".

Is there a link to a virustotal report that shows the qt wallet with the trojan?

Unfortunately I have formatted the infected PC. Didnt really want it hanging around my network with all the miners and other PC's

What is a man in the middle? And how did you notice?
Activity: 140

The point is who other than the dev could have put it there in the first place. Only days old.

if he changed it afterwards i do not know, i just checked my chrome history and i downloaded from this link on August 2 https://mega.co.nz/#!6cAxzBjT!KVntyW_y8j4QVwobEHROrRhpuKnX_2uxd-KML_S4ips (if it was anything other than that later then he changed it(if he changed i'm lucky i dodged a bullet but i scan everything as soon as i download anyway)

PS: i sold it anyway yesterday on exchange arrival but came to check if i was infected cause i read on twitter about it

Yes the malicious wallet was on this link :https://mega.co.nz/#!JAoyiajC!0ND16g-6qVDRGVuxnNBZmd-NInXzpbdaW9Pe9dDlDUo.
People please read my first post with all the detail.

To the person above saying its FUD, when I first downloaded the wallet and scanned it it came up clean, the keylogger/wallet stealer started operating after i ran the zipcoin-qt.exe. Even after I closed the zipcoin-qt.exe, a process would run called ztor.exe and the suspicious files were in the APPDATA/Local directory, with all my coins wallets renamed to"litecoin.dat", "voot.dat" ect. Not all malicious code will show up on a simple virus scanner

checked my history and I also go the https://mega.co.nz/#!6cAxzBjT!KVntyW_y8j4QVwobEHROrRhpuKnX_2uxd-KML_S4ips link on the 3rd from this post. Guess I also doged a bullet
Activity: 415
so many mother fucking organized fudsters.

new accounts.

fuck your moms

You got to be kidding right? Read my past history of all the coins I am involved in and tell me im a fudder. Geez, whatever dont listen to me, keep your little 0.2BTC investment in this coin im just trying to warn people.

And FYI to anyone else i downloaded the windows zipcoin-qt.exe wallet somewhere between Aug 3rd 10PM and Aug 4th 2am GMT+12

Ah, dont worry about the idiot.. Let him or her get scammed!!

Activity: 54
You are taking losing 2.5btc pretty good, I'd be freaking out. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I downloaded the wallet from here early, I haven't had one problem , nothing shows up in my task manager to indicate anything unusual, This wallet doesn't run on the tor network, never did.  However, OP on page one now says "Mod Note, run this software at your own risk." Is this an elaborate scam to get cheap coins? If there was a virus in the software, and the OP knows it..  putting a warning on the OP page is like signing this coins death warrant. Something is fishy here, not sure what it is.

i downloaded wallet , couple of hours into launch, it was only zipcoin.exe it was not zip package either(i don't know if he changed it afterward) , i also scan every wallet as soon as i download with malwarebytes, it seemed clean.. i just saw this and i checked appdata local and i don't see that folderthat people describe(i have hidden files and folders showing as well) i also checked running processes on my task manager i see nothing unusual , now i do not know if he changed the wallet after to a malicious one. (i will scan my pc with malwarebytes again and with super anti spyware(someone said that they find it with that software) and report back .(i downloaded wallet 2 hours into launch and it was only zipcoin-qt.exe unpackaged

The point is who other than the dev could have put it there in the first place. Only days old.

if he changed it afterwards i do not know, i just checked my chrome history and i downloaded from this link on August 2 https://mega.co.nz/#!6cAxzBjT!KVntyW_y8j4QVwobEHROrRhpuKnX_2uxd-KML_S4ips (if it was anything other than that later then he changed it(if he changed i'm lucky i dodged a bullet but i scan everything as soon as i download anyway)

PS: i sold it anyway yesterday on exchange arrival but came to check if i was infected cause i read on twitter about it

Yes the malicious wallet was on this link :https://mega.co.nz/#!JAoyiajC!0ND16g-6qVDRGVuxnNBZmd-NInXzpbdaW9Pe9dDlDUo.
People please read my first post with all the detail.

To the person above saying its FUD, when I first downloaded the wallet and scanned it it came up clean, the keylogger/wallet stealer started operating after i ran the zipcoin-qt.exe. Even after I closed the zipcoin-qt.exe, a process would run called ztor.exe and the suspicious files were in the APPDATA/Local directory, with all my coins wallets renamed to"litecoin.dat", "voot.dat" ect. Not all malicious code will show up on a simple virus scanner
Also check your exchange accounts. Hopefully all of you have 2FA. I also noticed a firefox.exe in that virus folder on my mining PC. I would assume it would be used to get info from any browser cache they could use to login to your exchange account. I heard some in other threads saying their exchange accounts got hacked.

God Damn, 200 extra bucks invested in a separate mining PC to hold new wallets during mining saved my ass... Whoever is responsible for this got only empty wallets from me. Luckily the wallet I downloaded for my cold wallet pc was downloaded a few hours after release. My cold wallet PC and hot wallet PC are clean...

ahh! that is ridiculous! Im glad I got 2FA on all my accounts need to change all my passwords as soon as i get back - This is a fucking joke.
so many mother fucking organized fudsters.

new accounts.

fuck your moms

You got to be kidding right? Read my past history of all the coins I am involved in and tell me im a fudder. Geez, whatever dont listen to me, keep your little 0.2BTC investment in this coin im just trying to warn people.

And FYI to anyone else i downloaded the windows zipcoin-qt.exe wallet somewhere between Aug 3rd 10PM and Aug 4th 2am GMT+12

Activity: 150
Also check your exchange accounts. Hopefully all of you have 2FA. I also noticed a firefox.exe in that virus folder on my mining PC. I would assume it would be used to get info from any browser cache they could use to login to your exchange account. I heard some in other threads saying their exchange accounts got hacked.

God Damn, 200 extra bucks invested in a separate mining PC to hold new wallets during mining saved my ass... Whoever is responsible for this got only empty wallets from me. Luckily the wallet I downloaded for my cold wallet pc was downloaded a few hours after release. My cold wallet PC and hot wallet PC are clean...
Pages:
Jump to: