Author

Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - page 333. (Read 816006 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
Transfering SYNC from Mintpal to my wallet went really quick!!  Smiley

AND how do I join the Program/club? https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyhjwdplsg17jy1/Sync%20Program.pdf
legendary
No problem with my Mac wallet here.

Delete your address or this thread will be deleted by moderators.
Ok, but why?
legendary
Activity: 1274
goodness gracious. This has got to the most hyped coin that didnt even come REMOTELY realised. So sad.

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

― Warren Buffett
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
does anyone know how the wallet works out the coins age?  Is it based on block time?

If so this may explain why POS icon is grey, if expected block time is 60 seconds, but is currently  approx 10 - 30 mins then min coin age could be 60 - 180 hours?

unix time
Activity: 588
Merit: 285
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Delete your address or this thread will be deleted by moderators.
legendary
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
#sync exclusive coming soon. #GoodNewsMonday

new wallet?
I'd advise a serious reduction in the number of confirms for stake to occur - or some magic to seriously speed up the blockchain.
I mixed 3SYNC across 3 wallets yesterday, and in honesty - it's going to take an age for them to be mature enough to stake... the confirms spec was good while PoW was active, but anyone acquiring coins afterwards are going to have to wait an awfully long time before they get any coins forged.

So, I'd advise looking into making sure you look into this before any gimmick is released. As a supporter of Sync, I'm saying -
There are still a lot of folks who can't get their coins to stake (for some reason or another).

example - I sent 1SYNC to an empty wallet 17 hours ago - it now has only 72 confirms.
(remind me how many confirms it takes to be mature enough to stake? 1000?)

thanks for your attention to this detail.

Rus

Wow even Raskul has problems with staking of the SYNC coins now!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
#sync exclusive coming soon. #GoodNewsMonday

new wallet?
I'd advise a serious reduction in the number of confirms for stake to occur - or some magic to seriously speed up the blockchain.
I mixed 3SYNC across 3 wallets yesterday, and in honesty - it's going to take an age for them to be mature enough to stake... the confirms spec was good while PoW was active, but anyone acquiring coins afterwards are going to have to wait an awfully long time before they get any coins forged.

So, I'd advise looking into making sure you look into this before any gimmick is released. As a supporter of Sync, I'm saying -
There are still a lot of folks who can't get their coins to stake (for some reason or another).

example - I sent 1SYNC to an empty wallet 17 hours ago - it now has only 72 confirms.
(remind me how many confirms it takes to be mature enough to stake? 1000?)

thanks for your attention to this detail.

Rus
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
We are only like 10btc away from trading at 1btc a sync. Buy now while you can. You can thank me later.

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, it brings me a lot of income and valuable experience!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 53
I give up on this pos business.   Im moving on to another coin. I choose.... some dumb ass coin named phcoin.  I will come back next month to see if there is a fix.

What causes give up on this POS business,
It is a great coin! Smiley
Activity: 826
Tried something new and it worked. Guys this is becoming a joke.

OF course I back up wallet
next I deleted all in roaming/sync folder
download latest wallet [ not flavoured as it doesnt maximize on my notebook win7starter]
install wallet [ no sunc.conf is to be used]
Allow wallet to sync fully with default wallet.dat[ open and closed wallet 2-10 times if needed ]
AFTER the wallet is synced in full...close wallet, delete default wallet and transfer backed up original wallet.dat back to folder.

** It never worked no matter what I did if I used my real wallet before the wallet synced**

Now Im even staking

I wonder if there is some kind of flaw in the old one that you have to delete everything and use a back up. Thats what I had to do too so maybe.
Activity: 70

download latest wallet [ not flavoured as it doesnt maximize on my notebook win7starter]
Allow wallet to sync fully with default wallet.dat[ open and closed wallet 2-10 times if needed ]
AFTER the wallet is synced in full...close wallet, delete default wallet and transfer backed up original wallet.dat back to folder.

** It never worked no matter what I did if I used my real wallet before the wallet synced**

Now Im even staking

*Crowd Cheers*
Activity: 728
Merit: 504

Now Im even staking
Tried that already[deleted all except wallet, re-installed] and I aware of the restart trick.........DOESNT WORK !!!

SYNC Wallet is crap and Im no newbie. Stops at 8200 no matter what I do. I have managed to do home repair on several other wallets with no problems. Nothing works.

Now I am up to downloading the bootstrap [blockchain]

Do I have to use their dodgy download manager to get the bootstrap ?

BTW, relaunched the wallet countless times. It's now stuck at 8234. Still haven't received my confirmed shares from the multipool that normally were released 2 days ago. I've been patient here but honestly this is not very serious.

Use a bootstrap to load the blockchain...here I'll post the latest one and basic instructions again...seems to help.

I'll edit this post one sec.

Also it can technically take up to 30 days or to stake, some people are just getting lucky, plus the amount of coin effects it to I believe.

SYNC Blockchain Bootstrap (Block 8427) - http://d-h.st/pT0

Download bootstrap.zip
Goto users/appdata/roaming/sync and delete blk001.dat.
Extract bootstrap.dat from the zip file to users/appdata/roaming/sync
Start your client
Tada synced up to block 8427

If it acts weird follow the instructions again but rename bootstrap.dat to blk001.dat after you delete the original blk001.dat.

I did not need to use it. I made back up. Deleted everything to do with sync including everything in the app/data.(not the back up of course which was just on my desktop) Then I just downloaded new wallet put the backup in the app/data folder renamed it wallet.dat and opened wallet. It synced right up. I might have had to restart it once around the 8234 block but i do not remember now but at most it was one restart. Now it has worked fine since then.

I deleted wallet. Only save the back up. Not sure if that would do anything but it is what made it sync for me. Good luck.
Tried that already[deleted all except wallet, re-installed] and I aware of the restart trick.........DOESNT WORK !!!

SYNC Wallet is crap and Im no newbie. Stops at 8200 no matter what I do. I have managed to do home repair on several other wallets with no problems. Nothing works.

BTW, relaunched the wallet countless times. It's now stuck at 8234. Still haven't received my confirmed shares from the multipool that normally were released 2 days ago. I've been patient here but honestly this is not very serious.

Use a bootstrap to load the blockchain...here I'll post the latest one and basic instructions again...seems to help.

Also it can technically take up to 30 days or to stake, some people are just getting lucky, plus the amount of coin effects it to I believe.

Download bootstrap.zip
Start your client

If it acts weird follow the instructions again but rename bootstrap.dat to blk001.dat after you delete the original blk001.dat.

I did not need to use it. I made back up. Deleted everything to do with sync including everything in the app/data.(not the back up of course which was just on my desktop) Then I just downloaded new wallet put the backup in the app/data folder renamed it wallet.dat and opened wallet. It synced right up. I might have had to restart it once around the 8234 block but i do not remember now but at most it was one restart. Now it has worked fine since then.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I downloaded a new wallet, opened it on a 2nd pc, no conf file.... synced up to current block in less than 10 minutes without needing a restart. Only issues at all i have is the staking in my regular wallet, but i'm gonna sleep now and see what happens when I wake up.

Download bootstrap.zip
Start your client

Download bootstrap.zip
Start your client

Activity: 23
Total Blocks: 8431   Total Coins: 1,000   Current Difficulty: 0.00000095   Total Network HR : 0 MH/s

Total Coins: 1,000  ?? pos >1000
Activity: 70

If you go to your wallet options you can turn on coin controls. Then click your send tab and you will see button labeled input click that then click the line with the address and it will give a drop down list of all the groups of coins with eaches transactions and their priority on the network. It will look like the above picture.  If you group your coins into larger groups by sending to another wallet and back as one it will increase your priority on the network and you will stake faster. If you have many small dust transactions they will have a low priority on the network and each one will have to stake individually. So group your coins. Also remember though if you group all into one group you will lose the use of your coins for 50 confirms/blocks which is a long time currently on this block chain.

If I go in there and choose select all, then I send my entire wallet contents in 1 transaction to a different wallet and then back to the original, wont I then have to wait a new 1000 confirms?

I have oldest 5000+ confirms and newest less than 50 confirms. no staking at all yet.
If you have that many confirms i would wait because your initial stake will be bigger because of the time held. My coins are restaking every day with less than 50 confirms but i have  3 sync that are staking at once and my daily stake is approx.  .005 sync but my initial when it had ove 7000 confirms on about 1.9 was .017, so if you have that many confirms and you send now you may stake faster but it wont be as much. You do not have to have a 1000 confirms to stake though.
Jump to: