Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - page 88. (Read 816006 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
i was wondering about 3 thinks , first : where do i get the latest wallet version , 2. : what will be the real incentive of holding sync when all profit + whale programm spots are gone , 3: how many profit spots are still left and for how long will they approximately still be open ?
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
Windows 7, 5.2.1
wallet began syncing but the block remaining keeps increasing.
Which wallet version? Syncing does take time, click 'Update' under Nodes Control
5.2.1 is the wallet version, I dont see 'update' and I dont see nodes control o_O
You definitely have the wrong wallet if there is Nodes Control on the left hand nav menu.
Download and install most recent version, no need to delete anything...
http://syncfund.com/wallets.html
HasHe,
You are looking at the wrong screen: Help -> About Qt.
Please go to Help -> About Sync and report the version of Sync, not the version of Qt.
Activity: 595
Quick question - I am running wallet version 1.0.3.0
and I do not have good access to the PC running it
(it is remote from where I am)
I can log on but if something hangs up or fails then
I have a problem, because I won't be near that PC until next month.
Can I continue to run v 1.0.3.0? I have had zero issues with it from the start,
it is staking perfectly.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Now I'm having a compiling issue. I'm getting the following error. Anybody have a clue?

Code:
build/ui_overviewpage.h:205:32: error: ‘LogText’ is not a member of ‘Qt’
         label_2->setTextFormat(Qt::LogText);
                                ^
make: *** [build/overviewpage.o] Error 1

Ubuntu Linux compile Sync QT Wallet Instructions

1- sudo apt-get update
2- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
3- sudo apt-get install g++ libboost-all-dev qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libssl-dev  libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++- libcurl4-openssl-dev
4- qmake USE_UPNP=-
5- make

Only part of that I didn't do was step 4. Has UPNP been removed, as I do have the proper dependencies for it. I have compiled well over a hundred wallets without this error Cheesy I'll try it without UPNP when I get home and let you know.

From dev: "His version of QT needs to do this: try to find in this .ui file string “Qt::LogText” and change it – Qt::TextFormat"

That didn't work. But what did was forcing qmake to use the lower version (QT4) as I had both installed. I didn't know how to do this, so in case somebody else runs into this, It works like this:
Note that I compiled WITH UPNP support, and static libraries for portability, so some of the command lines options, particularly STATIC=1, are optional.

qmake-qt4 sync-qt.pro
make STATIC=1 -f Makefile

This worked, and the new wallet is very pretty Cheesy

Yes, Qt4, that is it. Thanks alot, we could use someone such as yourself for future beta testing, hope you join next time  Wink
I was actually testing the TEK wallet fix at the time, or I would have Tongue Thanks for the kind words!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Windows 7, 5.2.1

wallet began syncing but the block remaining keeps increasing.

Which wallet version? Syncing does take time, click 'Update' under Nodes Control

5.2.1 is the wallet version, I dont see 'update' and I dont see nodes control o_O

You definitely have the wrong wallet if there is Nodes Control on the left hand nav menu.

Download and install most recent version, no need to delete anything...

http://syncfund.com/wallets.html

Activity: 168
Now I'm having a compiling issue. I'm getting the following error. Anybody have a clue?

Code:
                                ^

1- sudo apt-get update
3- sudo apt-get install g++ libboost-all-dev qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libssl-dev  libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++- libcurl4-openssl-dev
4- qmake USE_UPNP=-
5- make

Only part of that I didn't do was step 4. Has UPNP been removed, as I do have the proper dependencies for it. I have compiled well over a hundred wallets without this error Cheesy I'll try it without UPNP when I get home and let you know.

From dev: "His version of QT needs to do this: try to find in this .ui file string “Qt::LogText” and change it – Qt::TextFormat"

That didn't work. But what did was forcing qmake to use the lower version (QT4) as I had both installed. I didn't know how to do this, so in case somebody else runs into this, It works like this:
Note that I compiled WITH UPNP support, and static libraries for portability, so some of the command lines options, particularly STATIC=1, are optional.

qmake-qt4 sync-qt.pro

Yes, Qt4, that is it. Thanks alot, we could use someone such as yourself for future beta testing, hope you join next time  Wink
Activity: 207
How do I get my coins to stake? I've had coins in my wallet for over 3 weeks now. It occasionally shows I have anywhere from .2 to .7 staked, then it goes to 0 on its own again.

I have 3.1 total coins that have been in my wallet. I am getting random amount of coins everyday, but I would like to make sure my coins are officially "staked" incase a domain is sold and profits are issued.

Thanks,
-Brian

Coins only move to "stake:" when they are producing a POS block.  Otherwise, they will be to the right of "Spendable:".  It sounds like you are staking to me!

Click on Transactions in your SYNC wallet and look for incoming coin amounts that are mined.  This will confirm that you are staking with certainty.

Awesome. Yup I have been getting mined coins for awhile now.

Glad to hear everything is working as it should!

-Brian
Activity: 952
I still cant sync my wallet -_-. Wallet version 1.1.0 stuck on block 32609 and windows 7. It began syncing but very slowly and now its just stuck.

Try closing the wallet, and reopening it. 

You guys do realize that you don't have to delete the blockchain every time you update, right?

Didnt do anything and now im stuck on block 32810
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I still cant sync my wallet -_-. Wallet version 1.1.0 stuck on block 32609 and windows 7. It began syncing but very slowly and now its just stuck.

Try closing the wallet, and reopening it. 

You guys do realize that you don't have to delete the blockchain every time you update, right?
Activity: 952
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
My turn to ask dumb questions Cheesy

The block explorer in the new wallet shows all zeros. Is there a switch or a configuration option I have to activate to make it work? Or?

Thanks.
legendary
How do I get my coins to stake? I've had coins in my wallet for over 3 weeks now. It occasionally shows I have anywhere from .2 to .7 staked, then it goes to 0 on its own again.

I have 3.1 total coins that have been in my wallet. I am getting random amount of coins everyday, but I would like to make sure my coins are officially "staked" incase a domain is sold and profits are issued.

Thanks,
-Brian

Coins only move to "stake:" when they are producing a POS block.  Otherwise, they will be to the right of "Spendable:".  It sounds like you are staking to me!

Click on Transactions in your SYNC wallet and look for incoming coin amounts that are mined.  This will confirm that you are staking with certainty.
Activity: 207

Thanks,
-Brian
legendary
wow...today a strange thing happened...i managed to get my wallet synchronized but all the mined coins from 27-07-2014 to 23-08-2014 are lost.
if anybody is trying to update their wallet then please keep in mind that it can happen to you too.

Sigh.

What "happened to you" is you were most likely on the wrong fork using an older wallet. That means you were not in reality, you were looking at fantasy data. Now you are on the correct chain.

And you didnt lose anything, you'll still get 50% annual rate. Meaning that what you "lost" will be made up during the month.

+1

I wish people would do a little research before making an ass of themselves.
Activity: 266
wow...today a strange thing happened...i managed to get my wallet synchronized but all the mined coins from 27-07-2014 to 23-08-2014 are lost.
if anybody is trying to update their wallet then please keep in mind that it can happen to you too.

Sigh.

What "happened to you" is you were most likely on the wrong fork using an older wallet. That means you were not in reality, you were looking at fantasy data. Now you are on the correct chain.

And you didnt lose anything, you'll still get 50% annual rate. Meaning that what you "lost" will be made up during the month.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

Code:
                                ^

1- sudo apt-get update
4- qmake USE_UPNP=-
5- make

qmake-qt4 sync-qt.pro

Ok, all done. Profits wallet and blockchain list are now correct. =)
I just wonder why i got the original 3 for profits by sending from wallet to the address i created for the profits program, but now that is incorrect. i want to send 1 of those 5 back to the exchange and leave 4 towards the profits program, but if i send that 1 to the exchange it's gonna think i only have 3 again. Only thing i can think of is to send it all to another wallet, then back?

I did that early on once,  sent everything to Bittrex and back in a few minutes.  It was before I was brave enough to mess with inputs/coin control and such on the send tab.

My problem is that i keep trying to send from myself to myself at the profits address and it just wont register. "It shows the transaction fee, but not te 1 sync i keep sending.

Ok, i'm gonna make a new wallet, send all 5 coins to it, then send 4 back in 0.5 increments (or does that matter? Send in 1 big transaction?). We better not make a profits sale in the short time my wallet will register as empty!  Grin
[/quote]

Actually, can I just send it all to myself using coin control?
I just wonder why i got the original 3 for profits by sending from wallet to the address i created for the profits program, but now that is incorrect. i want to send 1 of those 5 back to the exchange and leave 4 towards the profits program, but if i send that 1 to the exchange it's gonna think i only have 3 again. Only thing i can think of is to send it all to another wallet, then back?

I did that early on once,  sent everything to Bittrex and back in a few minutes.  It was before I was brave enough to mess with inputs/coin control and such on the send tab.

My problem is that i keep trying to send from myself to myself at the profits address and it just wont register. "It shows the transaction fee, but not te 1 sync i keep sending.
[/quote]

Ok, i'm gonna make a new wallet, send all 5 coins to it, then send 4 back in 0.5 increments (or does that matter? Send in 1 big transaction?). We better not make a profits sale in the short time my wallet will register as empty!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: