Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools - page 4. (Read 6518 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41
hello
we just upload a new wallet to the website, someone who can't sync needs to download the newest wallet, clear the luck-data directory, and restart it.
Where to see the power of calculation?
You can get it directly from your node, for example:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./luck attach ~/.luck/luck.ipc --exec 'for(var i=0;iThis command will print totalDifficulty for each block. You can save it to some text file and draw some chart using Excel or any other software.

Edit: currently it looks like that, but I hope it will change after hard fork:

you do a good job. but i think luck value is more important than power.
Activity: 789
Merit: 1909
You can get it directly from your node, for example:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./luck attach ~/.luck/luck.ipc --exec 'for(var i=0;iThis command will print totalDifficulty for each block. You can save it to some text file and draw some chart using Excel or any other software.

Edit: currently it looks like that, but I hope it will change after hard fork:
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Activity: 5
When will the new wallet be updated?
Hello

The update has been released and the new algorithm (RandomX) will take effect at block height 388000. You only need to download the newest windows/Linux wallet before the new algorithm takes effect.

In addition, the new node needs to be initialized when it starts up, the process will last for 5-7 minutes, just wait.
Activity: 17
Hi devs, if this project is dead or you don't want to develop it anymore, please make an announcement so everybody won't waste time checking.

Sorry to trouble you
If all goes well, the next upgrade will be carried out around November 5th (mining algorithm will be changed), we will notify on the official website 1 week in advance.
Great! glad to see your response  Smiley
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
Hi devs, if this project is dead or you don't want to develop it anymore, please make an announcement so everybody won't waste time checking.

Sorry to trouble you
If all goes well, the next upgrade will be carried out around November 5th (mining algorithm will be changed), we will notify on the official website 1 week in advance.

Thanks for the heads-up dev. I will be watching the website, but please stop by in here and give us an update into this thread too. Cheers!

Sorry to trouble you
Activity: 667
Merit: 1529
What is wrong with you?
The main purpose of this coin is to avoid pool mining. You just go here and keep saying "we need a pool to receive Nope, I am only trying to say that creating pools is still possible, so we should do something to allow receiving "
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
~

RandomX is good to restrict FGPA miners, but the main issue is pool mining as some users stated earlier, there are private mining pools. I don't know if this is true, tho.
Hello everyone.
After a period of running, the current mining of luck should have been monopolized by FPGA, which obviously goes against the original intention of luck.
Consider the future of luck, we are planning to change luck's mining algorithm from argon2d to RandomX (the hash function used by the Monero project). According to our research, RandomX is only CPU mining, FPGA has no advantage over CPU. The upgrade may be carried out recently. Please pay attention to it, thank you.
In addition, who have a deep understanding of the CPU mining algorithm, please share more experiences about the mining algorithm, and provide more suggestions, thank you.
Good luck to luck.
RandomX is good. A lot of projects already prove that RandomX is CPU-friendly, no need to debate about it here.
Please consider tuning the parameters so that medium-spec machines can run it well, if you put the parameters too high, it may slow down the node syncing speed.
Another hard fork? Ouch. Why changing algo to RandomX and not something yescrypt-based? As far as I know, small CPU miners are mining many yespower-based coins. If it would be possible to mine Monero using CPU, I would do it since I heard about this coin. Also, another problem is that it is now impossible to get less than blockReward coins without using pools. And I think that is the main reason why pools are created: people joined Bitcoin pools not because algo was unfriendly, but because mining 50 coins was getting more and more difficult.
What is wrong with you?
The main purpose of this coin is to avoid pool mining. You just go here and keep saying "we need a pool to receive
Block reward is already 1LUCK for this purpose (I think).
It has 18 decimal units, the smallest unit is 0.000000000000000001 coin, so it is possible to give everyone something smaller than blockReward.
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
Hello everyone.
After a period of running, the current mining of luck should have been monopolized by FPGA, which obviously goes against the original intention of luck.
Consider the future of luck, we are planning to change luck's mining algorithm from argon2d to RandomX (the hash function used by the Monero project). According to our research, RandomX is only CPU mining, FPGA has no advantage over CPU. The upgrade may be carried out recently. Please pay attention to it, thank you.
In addition, who have a deep understanding of the CPU mining algorithm, please share more experiences about the mining algorithm, and provide more suggestions, thank you.
Good luck to luck.
Good!

Another hard fork? Ouch. Why changing algo to RandomX and not something yescrypt-based? As far as I know, small CPU miners are mining many yespower-based coins. If it would be possible to mine Monero using CPU, I would do it since I heard about this coin. Also, another problem is that it is now impossible to get less than blockReward coins without using pools. And I think that is the main reason why pools are created: people joined Bitcoin pools not because algo was unfriendly, but because mining 50 coins was getting more and more difficult.
Monero is CPU only, but there are botnet and mining farm that are mining it, so it is hard to mine...
About the block reward, with pool this coins is useless since its only purpose was to not have pools  Grin
Block reward is already 1LUCK for this purpose (I think).
Let's see!
Hello everyone.
Good luck to luck.
For everyone who waiting the signature bounty, the signature set is already designed, but from what i saw on this threads you're really waiting for the bounty , but current allocated coin for trial signature bounty is only enough for 3 higher rank, im requesting more luck to have more opportunity for low rank member to participants with us, lets see if dev will give more token for the bounty to get massive feedback from community.

i have already paid your additional fee, and i hope you will start the signature campaign as soon as possible, thank you
Hi dev, do you have any plan to do something more in the near future?
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org